Cinemas In Bangkok

Hutchenson

Hi

I'll be travelling to Thailand on the 28th and had a few questions regarding the cinemas in Bangkok.

How much do they cost, lets say from the cheapest, to the most expensive.

What films do they show? Do they keep uptodate with the U.S, and UK.

Anyhelp would be great.

Hi

I'll be travelling to Thailand on the 28th and had a few questions regarding the cinemas in Bangkok.

How much do they cost, lets say from the cheapest, to the most expensive.

What films do they show?  Do they keep uptodate with the U.S, and UK.

Anyhelp would be great.

Hi Hutchenson

Take it you have never been to los before, believe me when i tell you you will be far too busy to go to the cinema or like in your other thread play video games, why travel half way round the world to play games and watch films? If you want to do that you may as well stay in the U.K and take your holiday money to the arcade and spend it there.

If you really really want to go to the cinema in Thailand then the emporium is very good and only costs a couple of quid, if you wanna go in style then go to the siam discovery centre and go to the top floor and look for the gold class cinema, very plush private bar, lazy boy armchairs and waiter service all for a fiver.

DONT waste your time make the most of your travels do you really want to tell your friends when they ask what you did on your holiday that you spent your time in arcades and cinemas? or would you rather say that you travelled on longtail boats at breakneck speed down the narrow canals of Bangkok, i know which one i prefer

Happy travelling :o

BKK has lots of Cinemas. They are generally excellent. Imax 3D too if you're inclined.

Don't know about the US, but most films are released anywhere upto 6 months in LoS before they are in the UK.

Sometimes its dubbed, and sometimes it English with Thai subtitles. Thai films are usually just in Thai, though not always (sometimes English subtitles).

See Here for what on at the moment.

Costs a couple of quid up (you can pay for the two seater layback mini-sofas on some screens for about a tenner). Imax is about £2.50.

PS: Don't forget to stand quietly for the National Anthem!!!! It is VERY important.

So, you're coming to LoS and you want to know about the Video machines and cinemas? Are you coming with you parents, per-chance? What about culture; what about sun, sex and Singha?

BKK has lots of Cinemas. They are generally excellent. Imax 3D too if you're inclined.

Don't know about the US, but most films are released anywhere upto 6 months in LoS before they are in the UK. 

Sometimes its dubbed, and sometimes it English with Thai subtitles. Thai films are usually just in Thai, though not always (sometimes English subtitles).

See Here for what on at the moment.

Costs a couple of quid up (you can pay for the two seater layback mini-sofas on some screens for about a tenner). Imax is about £2.50.

PS: Don't forget to stand quietly for the National Anthem!!!! It is VERY important.

So, you're coming to LoS and you want to know about the Video machines and cinemas? Are you coming with you parents, per-chance? What about culture; what about sun, sex and Singha?

Hey i'm a poor student, and yes these posts may seem alittle sad, but i can't afford togo to the cinema or play on arcade machines when in the UK, it's just to expensive.

(you should see my thread about tv shows, yeah i know i'm sad)

I'm going with my sister, but her helth hasn't been to good recently, so i'll be spending alot of time on my own. I intend to make friends overthere, and drink lots of beer, and most probaby i'll even visit a "go go bar" . I'll probably only be spending a few nights in bangkok, before moving down to the beaches to enjoy the sun. I certainly want to go on some kind of boat, and might even try scuba diving, just see how it goes.

I got my passport yesterday (70 quid for 1 week service) and so there's nothing stopping me flying out there on the 28th of this month.

I'm a simple man, but i'm also a huge movie buff, and game buff. I must have something like 3000 movies, mostly on cds and dvds. I have a fair amount of tv shows and pc games. (###### i sound like a little internet nerd don't i?) But hey thats whats i enjoy.

I spend 2 months in Egypt 3 years ago, and didn't even manage to see the pyramids, or even ride a camal for that matter. I did go snorkeling though, least give me that.

Hey i'm a poor student... and most probaby i'll even visit a "go go bar" .

You'll be a lot poorer the day after, if you aren't careful.

I'm a simple man, but i'm also a huge movie buff, and game buff.  I must have something like 3000 movies, mostly on cds and dvds.  I have a fair amount of tv

You can see the latest stuff here. Mr & Mrs Smith is showing now, as well as Batman Begins. Coming soon is War of the Worlds.

Edited by meadish_sweetball

Good one Meadish...I can never understand the reason for nasty posts - surely it's just a forum of ideas and dicussions...no need for personal attacks...

Hutchenson - if you want a good quality movie experience, and budget is limited, then certainly Bangkok is cheaper than the UK in many places - Emporium is not the cheapest, but it's easy to get to, and they generally have a good selection of films. They provide a comfortable environment, sound and visual systems are excellent. Catch the BTS (Sky Train - "Rot Fai Fah") to Phrom Phong station and it connects directly to the Emporium Shopping Centre via escalator.

Re the bars - Camerata hinted at it - be VERY careful - you can easily end up spending WAY over what you expected to once the girls get hold of you (literally too)... :o

There's a good English style pub where a lot of expats go called the Bulls Head in Sukhumvit Soi 33/1 almost opposite Emporium - there's also the Robin Hood on the corner of 33/1 - go to one of these and have a chat with some of the local expat lads - I would be there if I was at home now, but I am stuck in bloody cold Sydney at present - they will be able to give you a bit of advice on pubs and clubs - but always go with your "eyes open" - it's very easy to overspend...

Have a good trip!

Edited by Greer