Sending Money To Europe

Hi,

Could anybody please advise the best method for sending money 'out' of Thailand and into a UK bank account?

From what I can gather, choosing either paypal, kasikorn international money transfer or moneygram are the three options many of you decide on when sending money abroad.

Say for example I needed to send 50,000 baht every month to the UK and I dont need it to be there instantly - I can wait 3-5 days - but, I want to see as much as that 50k as possible once it has been wired over so what one do you go for?

thanks

Open Thai bank account.

Post the ATM home.

Place the amount of money into the account every month.

They withdraw it from their side.

That is a great idea :) .

I emailed Kasikorn and they told me that for any given amount the charge for sending money abroad would be:

fee for transfering money abroad 500 baht

transfer fee 100 baht

telex fee 400 baht

So, 1,000 baht in total which is what most of use pay when sending money 'into' Thailand.

Going with the "sending the ATM back home idea" - which I love - does anybody know the bank charges for withdrawing cash from the ATM's?

'...As I've said elsewhere on this forum: HSBC to HSBC incurs no charges or fees.

If you have an HSBC account in the UK and a second account with HSBC in Bangkok, you can transfer money between the two accounts and it will cost you nothing for the transfer.

©2010theMagician

Interesting !!!!!

But would the HSBC account in UK have to be one of the monthly fee incuring ones........Premier, Advance, etc, or can it be just a "normal" current account?

Penkoprod