Pattaya At Christmas

patrickinpattaya

I've never been out in Thailand over Christmas, we usually spent the festive season in the UK with the extended family and friends etc. After last Christmas I've had my fill of Christmas in the UK and decided to stay in Pattaya. What usually happens over Christmas in Pattaya, can we get a Turkey dinner and a Christmas tree?

Cheers in advance

Santa goes every year to Koh Samui.

Big white guy with white beard riding an old honda wave with an 18-year old "helper". :)

In Pattaya:

Christmas tree, yes if you consider a palm tree be a Christmas tree.

Turkey dinner ,no problems.

For the stuffing it's up to you, do like dark or white meat. :D

Edited by PoorSucker

Last Christmas I witnessed something I have never seen in the UK & if I live to a hundred I am sure I never will. Bars displaying signs saying Merry Christmas evryone welcome '' FREE FOOD ALL DAY'' that’s not a typo ''Free Food'' admittedly Buffet Thia style & one place was actually full Christmas dinner for regular customers. We had one of our best Christmases ever minimum hype just lots of good cheer & good will

That was Cafe Gi- Gi Eakmonkol 1 ( I Think its No1) Soi kao talo the Eakmonkol almost opposite the diamond cutting factory on the left going up. If you want to try some where new then make a visit its run by a Thai lady & her English husband who is a friendly Character. Excellent food my wife & I stumbled across it visiting friends Definitely a hidden gem. Amazing food Thai & English.

Its near the swimming pool in the village.

J B-P

High season, double pricing, crowded,

Weather a bit cooler, little rain, and all the bar help dressed in little Santa Elf costumes,

and of course couldn't ask for a better place to be for New Years,

:)

Christmas is so -so, lacks the cold, dreary weather- but many of the hotel restaurants have special Christmas dinners. Now here was my surprise last New Years Eve...I had always been away from Pattaya for this holiday but this year I went out to eat along Beach Road on the 31st of DEC, then hung around on the beach (with our favorite wine) waiting for the New Year to arrive at 12:01---WOW, I had never seen such a great display of fireworks!!!!!! -- West, North, South of Pattaya Bay - all fireworks being shot up in the air at once from all the surrounding 5 star hotels plus the city's display. I will make sure I am back again for the fun.

• 2 weeks later...