Looking For Beach Front Villa Rental

ChiangMai2

Hi Phuketers

I'm looking to have a 10 day break in Phuket in June or July. Ideally in a beachfront villa with private swimming pool. I thought it would be easy to find through Google but surprisingly its not! Lots of options in Samui but i'm struggling with Phuket. Can anyone suggest a website to search or give me any local info. Me, my wife, 4 year old girl and 2 maids are traveling so it can be a large 2 bedroom or smaller 3 bedroom. Budget 10-15k per night ( is it possible on this budget? ) We can consider a hotel so long as it's got interconnecting rooms or ideally a 2 bed villa in the grounds. Needs to be beachfront though! ideally a beach that's not too busy and is safe for a youngster to swim in. Good restaurants nearby would also be a plus. Any advice is welcome. Thanks is advance.

Kind regards

CM2

Someone told me Cape Panwa is great for swimming now. Do you really need 2 maids for the 2 of you?

try Siam Real Estate. probably have the most rentals. I think they have a new website of just rentals too.

www.siamrealestate DOT com

Edited by MisterMan

• 1 month later...

Hi

Is cape panawa the best option for swimming this time of year? We are going later than expected ( in 2 weeks ) and would love to swim in the sea, please let me know what beaches are safe, is it just cape panawa that is sheltered or are there other options. I have checked the recommended hotels and they look ok but any other recommendations are apprecieated. the reviews i read all said that the southern end of the island is very quiet ( perhaps too quiet ) is the sea at Kata, Nai harn really that choppy this time of year?

Look forward to hearing

Regards

CM2

Hi

Is cape panawa the best option for swimming this time of year? We are going later than expected ( in 2 weeks ) and would love to swim in the sea, please let me know what beaches are safe, is it just cape panawa that is sheltered or are there other options. I have checked the recommended hotels and they look ok but any other recommendations are apprecieated. the reviews i read all said that the southern end of the island is very quiet ( perhaps too quiet ) is the sea at Kata, Nai harn really that choppy this time of year?

Look forward to hearing

Regards

CM2

Chiang Mai (1) ((who lives in Patong)) suggests that swimming at any of the Phuket beaches at this time of the year is risky at best, Karon Beach is bordering on the deadly. Better perhaps to find a nice hotel, Hilton Karon Beach is quite special and pretty much right on the beach but has five splendid pools, other posters will have perhaps better options. BTW, lifeguard stations on all beaches remain, sadly empty, as far as I can see.

Actually there are lifeguards at the beaches I frequent, Nai Harn, Kata and Karon. They are also pretty proactive, but I still hear stories from my surfing friends that they still are helping out those in trouble while the lifeguards direct.

If there has been no storms and there are no waves, then the rips are manageable for someone that can swim. That having been said, I heard a story yesterday of a Russian lady in her 50's that was crying for help in Karon, only to have the lifeguard walk up to her in waist high water and tell her to get up. She was blue, but was probably panicked from being in an area where the sand was much lower then the surrounding sand, so she thought she was drowning.

Back to the original question, there really aren't that many actual beachfront properties in Phuket, and especially not at your budget.

Edited by steelepulse

Actually there are lifeguards at the beaches I frequent, Nai Harn, Kata and Karon. They are also pretty proactive, but I still hear stories from my surfing friends that they still are helping out those in trouble while the lifeguards direct.

yepp, lifeguards this year, and sometimes they actually are working.

Unfortunately Phuket beaches are not safe for swimming most days this time of year. Good for surfing though.

Nearly all the beaches now have the red flags up but people still chose to run straight past them and go in the water. I think its strange that the life guards then get blamed.

Personally I wouldnt risk swimming in any of the west coast beaches at the moment, just not worth it.

Nearly all the beaches now have the red flags up but people still chose to run straight past them and go in the water. I think its strange that the life guards then get blamed.

Personally I wouldnt risk swimming in any of the west coast beaches at the moment, just not worth it.

Nai Yang Beach, there you can swim without problems nearly the whole year.:jap:

Hi

Look forward to hearing

Regards

CM2

All of the western, and south western beaches of Phuket are dangerous at this time of year. That's coupled with there are very, very few actual beach front private properties to rent in Phuket.

For the period that you're talking about, my recommendation would be to get 1 (or 2) apartments at the Bel Air complex on Cape Panwa, and use their courtesy bus to their own beach bar/restaurant at Ao Yon (5 minutes away). Ao Yon beach is possibly the safest on Phuket, with no surf to talk of, and no rip tides. Good for children (it's the home of the local sailing schools), and light years away from the hassle and crap of the west coast. Also far better scenery.

In no way am I associated with the Bel Air, and really only know of the existence of their beach bar/restaurant because I walk my dogs past there most days of the week (and see many families with children), but out of interest I did a Google search, and got this:

http://www.phuket.com/belairpanwa/rooms.htm

Seem reasonable, especially for a 3 bedroom unit. If you think you're saving money, use the difference to hire a car and do some touring of the rest of the island.

Bel Air is excellent and I can recommend it highly, but it's hardly a beach front villa and is not what the OP seems to be looking for.

Correct, and that was the gist of my post. Sorry, but you really didn't read both of my replies properly. There are very, very few actual beach front villas for rent in Phuket, so (at least in my mind), it's better to get good quality accommodation not very far away, and then the ability to get to the beach whenever you want. You then have to spin in the rest of the requirements re restaurants, nightlife etc etc. Nowhere is perfect.

Edited by pagallim

Here's the prices for the one at kata. Not quite in OP's budget.

Dec 1 to Feb 28

(Prime High Season) US$1850 per day

Over Xmas and New Year usually a minimum of 14 days is required.

Rate US$2500 per day.

March 1 to April 30

(High Season) US$1300 per day

May 1 to Nov 30

(Low Season) US$1150 per day

Here's the prices for the one at kata. Not quite in OP's budget.

Dec 1 to Feb 28

(Prime High Season) US$1850 per day

Over Xmas and New Year usually a minimum of 14 days is required.

Rate US$2500 per day.

March 1 to April 30

(High Season) US$1300 per day

May 1 to Nov 30

(Low Season) US$1150 per day

one of the very few west coast beachfront

Personally I would choose seaview high end with pool, a car and a driver

or a couple of rooms at Kata Beach Resort or Katatani or Club Med