Btv Channel Line-up

moo9

Changes to some channels like Supersports are due to the fact that DSTV (South African) are stopping their broadcasts on the satellite covering this area.

BTV, TMN, Sophon etc. are all using this for their feed.

Some limited broadcasting is still been done by DSTV, though for how long it remains to be seen.

This TMN lot are only available in certain parts of Pattaya aren't they? I live in Naklua and therefore I think I only have access to Banglamung due to the (no doubt illegal) way they (BTV and Sophon and TMN) break up the market between themselves in order to maximise their profits. Can anyone confirm where TMN is available? It sure sounds like the best deal going around at present and the only one with English world cup coverage. Do they have Australia Network?

What makes you think there are any laws against companies making agreements with each other in Thailand?

You can see the channel list in English with this link: Google Translate

I'm not too impressed. Other than the sports (which doesn't interest me, including the world cup, yawn) there are 3 movie channels (63, 64, 65 - but I prefer to download the specific movies I want to watch through Bittorrent) and 1 (one, unspecified) US news channel (72).

Nothing I'm interested in: No Nat Geo, no Discovery, no Animal Planet....

What makes you think there are any laws against companies making agreements with each other in Thailand?

You can see the channel list in English with this link: Google Translate

I'm not too impressed. Other than the sports (which doesn't interest me, including the world cup, yawn) there are 3 movie channels (63, 64, 65 - but I prefer to download the specific movies I want to watch through Bittorrent) and 1 (one, unspecified) US news channel (72).

Nothing I'm interested in: No Nat Geo, no Discovery, no Animal Planet....

Indeed nothing spectacular but compared with True/UBC's fees a much better deal. I agree, as for intl. TV Thailand is still way back.

Astro supersports which is on sophon now is showing all the matches with english commentary,let's just hope it stays on.

Only problem i've noticed in the last few nights is that the astro chanels loose reception when there is heavey rain outside.

Seems like there were changes again on Astro and accordingly in the Pattaya Cables. This morning I had only Supersports 1 with a status message, but had ESPN live (showing baseball :-(...).

Let's hope they can sort this out, as it was really great to see the WC games in English.

Sophon have once again managed to screw it all up,so now we still have the Astro channels but when a world cup match starts they switch the channel but keep the astro commentary which is now 3/4 seconds ahead of play which sucks big time,:D anyone who has been watching the games yesterday or the one that is on right now will Understand.

Everything was fine the first few days but sophon had to f*)k it all up again

:)

And now (last night) BTV has managed to get Astro showing the live wc matches with english commentary. Who knows how long it will last but it shows it can be done. BTV said yesterday (over the phone) that they could not show the matches with english due to piracy issues. Then, the same night, they do have it. Go figure! TIT.

Last night on sophon i watched ivory cost v portugal with English commentary that was 3/4 seconds ahead of play,really is pointless,when the brazil match came on i decided to watch it with thai commentary:

I dont know what the problem is on sophon but when a game is on live they switch asto supersport to the thai chanel 3 or 7 but they keep the english commentary,then at half time they switch back to astro and at full time also,when they show the replays of the games everything is fine but thats no good to me.

Watching a game which has the commentary ahead of what you are looking at it extremely annoying.When the world cup started last friday for the first few days everything was great because Astro showed the games from there programme,but now it's all screwed up again.

Edited by SUPERIOR

Sophon have once again managed to screw it all up,so now we still have the Astro channels but when a world cup match starts they switch the channel but keep the astro commentary which is now 3/4 seconds ahead of play which sucks big time,:D anyone who has been watching the games yesterday or the one that is on right now will Understand.

Everything was fine the first few days but sophon had to f*)k it all up again

:)

I know it's really annoying so I bought the wife one of those 'Vuvuzelas' and told her to blow that in my ear for 90 mins while I'm watching the game!!! To be honest though the guy doing the English commentary is pretty awful but then again the 1st round of games hasn't been too exciting either..