Phitsanulok Immigration Office

NO, unless it has changed in the last 2 months. I did my 1 year extension in March and there was no requirement.

1). Copies of Passport Pages

2). Photo

3). Completed form 7

4). Proof of funds

5). Even-though I am on a Non O for Retirement, the Officer in Charge wanted my wife's name and phone number. But, I think that is just because they want to be sure how to get in touch with us. I must say this was new and it seemed to be an after thought, three of the officers that day had just returned from arresting a foreigner and I waited nearly three hours to do my extension, but it was a very pleasant experience. Except for the wait.

Edited by cougar52

NO, unless it has changed in the last 2 months. I did my 1 year extension in March and there was no requirement.

1). Copies of Passport Pages

2). Photo

3). Completed form 7

4). Proof of funds

5). Even-though I am on a Non O for Retirement, the Officer in Charge wanted my wife's name and phone number. But, I think that is just because they want to be sure how to get in touch with us. I must say this was new and it seemed to be an after thought, three of the officers that day had just returned from arresting a foreigner and I waited nearly three hours to do my extension, but it was a very pleasant experience. Except for the wait.

Last month I did my extension and they did not ask for a medical certificate nor a bank statement with the latest exchange rates as someone reported before (Embassy proof of income)

• 1 month later...

Thank you for your replies.

I apply next month.

Will post definitive `yes` or `no` on return.

Completed my one year extension of Non `O` visa on grounds of retirement at Phitsanulok this week.

You do not need the medical certificate.

I had all my documents in order & walked out with the extension exactly 11 minutes after entering.

I did my retirement extension plus a single re-entry permit at Phits yesterday and also can confirm no medical certificate required.

My wife could not make the trip, so I went on my own, everything was going well for the retirement extension until at the end the Immigration officer wanted a copy of wifes ID, tabien baan and marriage certificate. Well I was under the impression that you did not have to married to apply for a retirement extension and thought about reminding him of this , but decided to keep stum, and just informed him I did not have them with me.

They wanted some proof of I lived in Petchabun and in the end I showed them a "residence certificate" I got last year at Nan Immigration (for Thai driving licence).

Anyway that seemed to do the trick.

I was the only foreigner that morning and was finished up in about 40 mins, so pretty good.

PS : For re-enty permit I forgot to make copies of passport pages!, so was asked to make a small contribution for using their photo copier!

Its been a couple of years since I have done that but I thought it was only application form, Passport and fee required.

• 3 months later...

Just this minute back from Phitsanulok immigration, no medical certificate required.

Quite a pleasant experience after years of Bangkok a the day trip to Nan and back last year.

Was met at the door by a work experience student from NU university who wanted to help in getting all the paper work straight. The actual visa issue and a re-entry took about 30 minutes as there was a bit of social chit-chat and language practice with the officer looking after it all. All documents were carefully vetted with a couple of clarifying questions just all part of the social interchange.

TM7

Bank letter showing balance over past 3 months

Copy of bank book

Copy of passport

Copy of yellow address book.

For re-entry

They copied the front page of passport and new visa extension (Bht20)

All in all, smooth as silk as they say in Thailand.

Edited by Artisi