Flying In And Out Of The Country Every 30 Days?

Hi,

I am currently in Thailand on a 30 days visa on arrival.

I would like to stay longer but not really interested in doing 15 days boarder visa runs...

I got a 30 days visa on arrival once I entered Thailand, I was wondering if I can fly to Singapore 1 day before my visa runs out and fly back to Thailand 1-2 days later so I can get additional 30 days visa on arrival?

Can I do this indefinitely or there are restriction on how many times I enter the country/ days I have actually stayed in Thailand over a period of time?

It is not a visa on arrival but a visa exempt entry. There is no set limit so you can do multi trips. But it would seem to be more cost effective to obtain a tourist visa allowing 60 day stay and extension for 1,900 baht for another 30 days. Tourist visas are currently free.

I am confused here... Some people say that you can stay in Thailand a maximum of 6 months during a full year (fly in and out of the country 6 times) and some say you can fly in and out for as long as you wish.

This is ofcours a VERY critical issue as altough it's not the most comfortable thing to do, flying in and out at least allow me to live in Thailand while staying away 6 months in a duration of a year virtually eliminates this option...

So a definite answer on this is VERY important for me to know.

Another thing, regarding the tourist visa, its great to get the 2 months+1 month extention, but what do I do afterwards? visa runs/fly out of the country all over again?

Thx for your help!

Another thing, regarding the tourist visa, its great to get the 2 months+1 month extention, but what do I do afterwards? visa runs/fly out of the country all over again?

Go and get another TV.

Be aware that some consulates are funny about issuing back-to-back TVs, so vary the places you go.

After the 2006 coup, an immigration law was put into place that said no forigner would be allowed to stay in the Kingdom without a visa for more then 180 days in a single calander year. After the Abhisit government came into power, that law was overturned and now a forigner can stay in the Kingdom for as long as they please without a visa as long as they "enter to exit within the 15-day by land border or 30-day by air border procedure."

Two questions:

1. Is back to back Tourist Visa allowed? I have no problems flying every 3 months to Singapore and apply for a new TV but I wouldn't want to go there and find out that I am refused and can't go into Thailand and all the stuff is still in the apartment...

2. Can you give me a link to a governmental website that supports the claim that you are able to do visa runs (through boarder every 15 days / airport every 30 days ) for as many times you wish AND that there is NO limitation on how many days you stay in 1 year time?

*It is a very serious issues as it will allow me to plan my next moves, if I can seriously think about living in Thailand or is it just a dream..

Again, THX FOR THE HELP! VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!!!

Can't find the police order repealing the 6 month rule (I'm sure someone will post the link).

As far as back-to-back TVs are concerned, there is no government policy preventing, however some consulates will not issue (under their own rules). You'll have to ask the consulate you intend using. Vientiane seem pretty good at present (believe they're doing 2 entry TV for free).

However, if we knew a bit more about you there may be other options than constantly mucking about with TVs and visa exemptions.

How about, your nationality, age, marital status (to a Thai)?

YEY!

From what's written in the order, the visa runs can be done indefinately! so thx for the info!!!!

So what's left now is to try to find a better, easier solution for staying in Thailand.

So Crossy, with regards to your question, I am 27 years old, I am not married and I make my income through internet work so I can do this from anywhere I choose and I would really like it to be Thailand.

I prefer not to mention my nationality but I am in one of those 41 visa exempt countries.

Any advice is very much appreciated.

By the way, lets say I am applying for a TV in outside of Thailand and declined.. can I still enter the country and get a 30 days stay?

Coming to live in Thailand, you will of course want to learn the Thai language. Why not get a year long (or more) visa to study Thai. Follow the links to the places that offer this around the courses, they're surprisingly good value.

It is not legal to work in Thailand without a work permit and no work permit is likely available for your work. So you will be illegal and subject to arrest working here. Many do so below the radar but you need to be aware of that if you are so concerned about visas. They could be the least of your worries if someone wished you ill.

-Mahadeva-

Declined a (NOW FREE) Tourist Visa?

You have to be on a BLACK LIST, -sort of- that the Authorities decline you a Tourist Visa at your first try.

If you make Tourist Visa back to back as the Moderators wrote-they could be declined-but that happens not at all Thai consulates-you have to check the updates here on TV.com, where its easier with Tourist Visas.

Still, a decline from back to back Tourist Visa will leave you the option to entry by Visa exemption,

30 days by flight, 15 days at landborder.

So you can actualy mix the Tourist Visa application with 30 day Visa exemption trips (flights).

Check the Websites from the Budget Airlines (Air Asia, Tiger A. Jetstar A. Cebu Pacific A.), some weeks, month-6 month in advance you can get cheap deals, which allows you to go outside TH (Kuala Lumpur, Phnom Penh, Singapore, ect. and come back, often on the same day, for a good price. (2.200-3.500.- B. return including)

Enjoy your stay.

Two questions:

1. Is back to back Tourist Visa allowed? I have no problems flying every 3 months to Singapore and apply for a new TV but I wouldn't want to go there and find out that I am refused and can't go into Thailand and all the stuff is still in the apartment...

2. Can you give me a link to a governmental website that supports the claim that you are able to do visa runs (through boarder every 15 days / airport every 30 days ) for as many times you wish AND that there is NO limitation on how many days you stay in 1 year time?

*It is a very serious issues as it will allow me to plan my next moves, if I can seriously think about living in Thailand or is it just a dream..

Again, THX FOR THE HELP! VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!!!

WHY DONT YOU LOOK AT A NON IMMERGRANT B VISA , IT WILL GIVE YOU 1 YEAR ,BUT YOU NEED TO DO BORDER RUNS EVERY 3 MONTHS AND DO YOUR LAST BORDER RUN THE DAY BEFORE YOUR VISA EXPIRES , WHICH THEN IN TOTAL YOU HAVE 15 MONTHS , ALSO WITH THIS TYPE OF VISA YOU CAN ALSO APPLY FOR A WORK PERMIT IN THAILAND , THIS IS ALL CURRENT AS IT IS WHAT I AM CURRENTLY DOING

Hi,

I would like to stay longer but not really interested in doing 15 days boarder visa runs...

I got a 30 days visa on arrival once I entered Thailand, I was wondering if I can fly to Singapore 1 day before my visa runs out and fly back to Thailand 1-2 days later so I can get additional 30 days visa on arrival?

Can I do this indefinitely or there are restriction on how many times I enter the country/ days I have actually stayed in Thailand over a period of time?

I fly in out about every 30 days and my I get 90 days on each entry, but then again I hold a 1 yr mutiple entry visa as it is.

YEY!

<b>From what's written in the order, the visa runs can be done indefinately! so thx for the info!!!!</b>

That does not mean the officer at the consulate/embassy will grant your request though.

@ Mahadeva: "Hi,

I am currently in Thailand on a 30 days visa on arrival."

"So what's left now is to try to find a better, easier solution for staying in Thailand."

To get a visa for any month is, as you see, normaly no problem.

I know it is the wrong place to say this, but i think a question like this asks for more advice.

I think much more is needed then a visa.

I woud advice everybody to make decisions, like to stay here in Thailand, at home and not in a few days.

Desicions made here fast, and ..., normaly end painful in a lot of diffent ways.

Hi,

Someone has already said this; but I would like to say again you cannot work here with out a work permit and to get one you will have to be working for a Thai registered company that has Thai employees pays Thai Tax's etc etc. BE VERY CAREFULL AS ANY ONE WITH A DISAGREEMENT WITH YOU CAN PUT YOU IN IT i.e. bar girl you let in the room or indeed a farang you may speak to etc.

Someone has already said this; but I would like to say again you cannot work here with out a work permit and to get one you will have to be working for a Thai registered company that has Thai employees pays Thai Tax's etc etc. BE VERY CAREFULL AS ANY ONE WITH A DISAGREEMENT WITH YOU CAN PUT YOU IN IT i.e. bar girl you let in the room or indeed a farang you may speak to etc.

Can't imagine how would anybody in Thailand "prove" that the OP indeed worked from Thailand -- he said he works over the internet :-) Unless he willingly gives the authorities access to his (foreign i presume) bank account info etc and basically makes a confession!