Australian Man Abandons Jailed Thai Girlfriend's Baby In Hospital

webfact

Calm down lads... there is no need to resort to name calling etc.

I dont give a rats ass 'who started it' or who continued with it, however i will suspend the next person to do it...

... is that understood?

/Edit: i've cleaned up the thread and deleted the name calling... if i missed any please use the 'Report' button to let us know.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WHY DO SO MANY OF THESE THINGS END UP BASHING THE FARANG , OR WHERE HE COME'S FROM , WHAT HAS IT GOT TO DO WITH IF HE IS AN AUSSIE OR NOT , HE WANTED SOMEONE TO LOOK AFTER THIS POOR CHILD WHO'S MUM ID A DRUG ADDICT :)

And why did he do it all wrong, ending up in news media? The child's mum is his wife. If he wanted to do it the right way, not a drop and run, he would contacted the authorities and do it the properly. It would maybe take a couple of days of his life, but...

What it's all about: YOU SIMPLY DON'T TREAT CHILDREN IN THIS WAY!

Can you find any other reason on why this have been blown up in this way?

Other than: "You simply don't do it like this?"

I am with you, absolutely.

The old Farang got himself involved with a drug-addicted loser. He may be drug addicted himself, who knows?

In the end he just dumped the baby as if it were excess baggage.

Disgusting, shameful and heartless.

I believe in natural justice and now his actions have come back on him and the world can see what sort of cretin this Farang is.

Or to put it another way, would you want someone like that as a buddy?

Edited by BigWheelMan

. Why would she bother with knowing his last name,..

that's true, if he was just a "western union sender" she'd really needed to know his last name, but as he (wrongly) pay her bill CASH, his last name is unnecessary....

PATTAYAONE.NET REPORTS

Australian Man accused of abandoning his child at Pattaya Hospital

3rd June 2010

Just after 3am on Thursday, Police Major Supagrit from Pattaya Police Station was called to the Pattaya Memorial Hospital after medical staff reported the discovery of a baby that had been apparently left there by a foreign man. Staff mentioned that they had earlier spoken with the man, thought to be from Australia and known only as “Ron” aged 60. He had taken the 8 month old girl to the Hospital as she would not stop crying. Moments later the baby was found abandoned. The mother of the child is Khun Orasar aged 26, who is currently incarcerated at Pattaya Police Station after failing a drugs test. She claimed she was searching for a child minder when she was stopped by Police and later urine tested. The child was left in the care of its father who was later contacted to organize bail for his wife and to collect the child. He refused to do so and told Police to send the child to the mother’s family home in Roiet Province in the North-East of Thailand. A cousin of the incarcerated mother came to the Police Station later on Thursday Morning to collect the child. Police would now like to speak with Mr. Ron to find out why he no longer wishes to care for his child or bail his wife from Prison.

So it is clear

1. He is the FATHER

so

2. He has a LEGAL responsibility

3. He has a moral responsibility.

So why all the flamers.....oh an innocent tourist etc.... more attacks on Farang etc etc...

If you are so UNHAPPY with Thailand then WHY stay here.

When I read thaivisa forums I see time and time again many people using ANY excuse to attack Thailand, the Thai authorities, the Thai people.

If they bother you so much......GO HOME

I am a guest in this country and I am happy here. I also RESPECT the Thai Authorities and the Thai people.

It should read: "Thai bar girl on drugs abandons her 8 month child while being incarcerated, a 60 year old Australian while on Holiday, whom she hardly knew, had the compassion to return the child to Thai Authorities via the local hospital"

Should'nt that then be:

"Thai bar girl on drugs abandons her 8 month child while being incarcerated, a 60 year old Australian while on a sex tour, whom she hardly knew, had the compassion to return the child to Thai Authorities via the local hospital"

]

Should'nt that then be:

a 60 year old Australian while on a sex tour, whom she hardly knew, had the compassion to return the child to Thai Authorities via the local hospital"

You are talking anout yourself.

Many people like Thai girls for companionship. Thai girls are fun company and keen to please. There are many reasons why people come to be with Thai girls.

Edited by Randee

PATTAYAONE.NET REPORTS

3rd June 2010

Just after 3am on Thursday, Police Major Supagrit from Pattaya Police Station was called to the Pattaya Memorial Hospital after medical staff reported the discovery of a baby that had been apparently left there by a foreign man. Staff mentioned that they had earlier spoken with the man, thought to be from Australia and known only as "Ron" aged 60. He had taken the 8 month old girl to the Hospital as she would not stop crying. Moments later the baby was found abandoned. The mother of the child is Khun Orasar aged 26, who is currently incarcerated at Pattaya Police Station after failing a drugs test. She claimed she was searching for a child minder when she was stopped by Police and later urine tested. The child was left in the care of its father who was later contacted to organize bail for his wife and to collect the child. He refused to do so and told Police to send the child to the mother's family home in Roiet Province in the North-East of Thailand. A cousin of the incarcerated mother came to the Police Station later on Thursday Morning to collect the child. Police would now like to speak with Mr. Ron to find out why he no longer wishes to care for his child or bail his wife from Prison.

So it is clear

1. He is the FATHER

so

So why all the flamers.....oh an innocent tourist etc.... more attacks on Farang etc etc...

When I read thaivisa forums I see time and time again many people using ANY excuse to attack Thailand, the Thai authorities, the Thai people.

I am a guest in this country and I am happy here. I also RESPECT the Thai Authorities and the Thai people.

You maybe a guest

But other people here on this forum are owners of businesses ,fathers,mothers of Thai chlildren etc etc

Pretty much from all walks of life and in this forum they wish to represent and speak about their hopes and fears of the place they call home

Especially so ,in the last few months they have many more fears

I dont know what country it is that you come from,but in the U.K and the western world if you were to talk to foreigners there with such disdain as you do with us here ,you would be regarded as a rascist

Have some courtesey and respect,for people that have i am sure been here longer than you

And have a lot more to lose

or win !!!

Read through the posts again ,so you can understand clearly understand what has happened with this story now

Oh ,and by the way just so we all can add substance to your infantile comments

Could i ask ,how long have you lived here ????

You dont come across as that happy. :)

Ive no respect for the Thai Police or Army, but as i now know my staying here makes you angry i think i'll extend my stay.

PATTAYAONE.NET REPORTS

3rd June 2010

Just after 3am on Thursday, Police Major Supagrit from Pattaya Police Station was called to the Pattaya Memorial Hospital after medical staff reported the discovery of a baby that had been apparently left there by a foreign man. Staff mentioned that they had earlier spoken with the man, thought to be from Australia and known only as "Ron" aged 60. He had taken the 8 month old girl to the Hospital as she would not stop crying. Moments later the baby was found abandoned. The mother of the child is Khun Orasar aged 26, who is currently incarcerated at Pattaya Police Station after failing a drugs test. She claimed she was searching for a child minder when she was stopped by Police and later urine tested. The child was left in the care of its father who was later contacted to organize bail for his wife and to collect the child. He refused to do so and told Police to send the child to the mother's family home in Roiet Province in the North-East of Thailand. A cousin of the incarcerated mother came to the Police Station later on Thursday Morning to collect the child. Police would now like to speak with Mr. Ron to find out why he no longer wishes to care for his child or bail his wife from Prison.

So it is clear

1. He is the FATHER

so

You maybe a guest

But other people here on this forum are owners of businesses ,fathers,mothers of Thai chlildren etc etc

Pretty much from all walks of life and in this forum they wish to represent and speak about their hopes and fears of the place they call home

I dont know what country it is that you come from,but in the U.K and the western world if you were to talk to foreigners there with such disdain as you do with us here ,you would be regarded as a rascist

Have some courtesey and respect,for people that have i am sure been here longer than you

And have a lot more to lose

or win !!!

Read through the posts again ,so you can understand clearly understand what has happened with this story now

Oh ,and by the way just so we all can add substance to your infantile comments

Could i ask ,how long have you lived here ????

the infantile comments come from you.

An 8 month baby was abandoned in a local hospital.

Suddenly the guy doing the dumping was a tourist, innocent, a good guy etc. and MANY people making comments used this sad incident to attack Thailand, the Thai authorities etc..... and excusing or condoning the fact that it was the father of the child who abandoned him.

Now in your INFANTILE reply you state......But other people here on this forum are owners of businesses ,fathers,mothers of Thai chlildren etc etc

WHAT HAS THIS GOT TO DO WITH A STORY OF A FATHER DUMPING AN 8 MONTH BABY?

So I am unhappy with 2 things and I am now a racist?

1. an abandoned child...dumped by its father.

2. Many used this story as another excuse for attacking Thailand and all things Thai. But by pointing out this obvious FACT... I am speaking to people with disdain?

Maybe you should start at page 1 and read the many anti Thai statements.

In answer to your question. I have been here for the most part of 7 years and intend to stay here. I also look after my Thai family.

PATTAYAONE.NET REPORTS

3rd June 2010

So it is clear

1. He is the FATHER

so

Now it is a lot clearer. Compare this version with the OP from the Nation. It is a very different story. I and other posters were not prepared to condemn the man based on the the (lack of ) information available. If this version is true, then there is much more to criticise, and the people who were quick to condemn the man from the start turned out to be right.

It also confirms that he did try to talk to staff at the hospital. The OP said the opposite.

Why is the Nation apparently unable to produce a meaningful and factual report? Why does it continue to produce such drivel announced as news?

If TV is relying on poorly written and poorly researched reports from the Nation as a basis for discussion, maybe we should expect 10 pages of ultimately futile discussion. Perhaps this is what makes TV so popular.

In answer to your question. I have been here for the most part of 7 years and intend to stay here. I also look after my Thai family.

Firstly my post was in regards to your comments to other posters here as their views dont match yours

You then tell people to go home if thye dont like it etc etc blah blah blah

Lets not leave that little part of your post out shall we

My post again so you clearly understand ,was about your outlandish comments to other posters

Your views on the child are your views ,and you have a right to make them as others do

And so does everbody else,nobody is right or wrong here mate

So again,

So we are clear

Stay on the topic

Looks like just one more stupid story between the "boyfriend" (farang who might be a grandfather to Thai woman) and a prostitute who found a golden spoon in grandpa b/f, to support her family all.

She is proud to have a farang b/f and he is proud to be with so young woman whom might be his grandchild.

Perfect couple, match.

He is not a father, ashy he is not able to have a baby in that his age and i would like to know he tried to save the baby that way or to get rid of that baby as she(mother) tried to show him as a father.

Any "relationship" with so huge difference in age makes me so sick.

He is to old guy, she is too young and she is drug addicted. Lovelly couple they are.

:)

For your Information Men are capable of Fathering children all their lives,if it makes you sick that old men are with

young women,then so be it. I dont think you will feel the same when you get old,you will be proud to have made it,so

pray you will make it,then your views will change!

Firstly my post was in regards to your comments to other posters here as their views dont match yours

You then tell people to go home if thye dont like it etc etc blah blah blah

Lets not leave that little part of your post out shall we

My post again so you clearly understand ,was about your outlandish comments to other posters

Your views on the child are your views ,and you have a right to make them as others do

And so does everbody else,nobody is right or wrong here mate

So again,

So we are clear

Stay on the topic

YES STAY ON THE TOPIC INDEED.

a baby was abandoned by it's father.

SOME (not all) used this as as excuse to attack all things Thai. So my point was....if they think all things Thai are SO BAD. then to those who feel that way.....GO HOME.

EVEN in the UK.....I imagine the authorities would wish to question the father as to WHY he abandoned his child. The TV and newspapers would have a field day reporting the story.

But BEFORE THE FACTS were known....MANY people made comments condoning and actually applauding the fact that the baby was abandoned at a local hospital. Others said it was a drug problem. Don't ban drugs and everything would be OK etc..

Others used this sad story to attack all things THAI.

So my query was.... if these anti Thai posters were so hostile to all things Thai...then why stay here? GO HOME.

I believe that was a fair comment.

My heart goes out to this 8 month old baby who is the innocent victim here.

Ron had enough common sense to drop the baby off at a hospital. Not a bad person at all.

It is illegal to abandon a child or infant at the hospital, a ridiculous law which is why newborns are oft found abandoned in not so ideal situations.

He probably figured, better the hospital than the police. It isn't clear to me within the article that he is the father.

Edited by TigerWan

Ron had enough common sense to drop the baby off at a hospital. Not a bad person at all.

It is illegal to abandon a child or infant at the hospital, a ridiculous law which is why newborns are oft found abandoned in not so ideal situations.

He probably figured, better the hospital than the police. It isn't clear to me within the article that he is the father.

Whatever country we live in we have to respect the local laws.

If you go to a Muslim country that forbids alcohol, it does not matter if you agree or not, You still have to obey the law.

So even if you assume this is a ridiculous law that makes it illegal to abandon a child at an hospital, it is still the law of the land.

The 8 month old baby is the innocent victim, not because of the law but because it was abandoned by papa.

If the latest news is correct that Ron is the child's natural father, then Ron is indeed starting to look pretty bad after all. I can't imagine he would abandon his own child, even if he is an ignorant low-life. Legally I'm not sure how much responsibility to the child he has because I doubt he and the woman were legally married. As others have pointed out, the word "husband" is used rather loosely. And she didn't know her own husband's last name?

However, it seems now he did at the least have much stronger moral obligation--in which he failed--than the original account implied.

I think it's time to hear from Ron himself. And we well may, one way or the other, pretty soon.

I'm wondering about the title of this post "Australian man abandons jailed Thai girlfriend's baby in hospital". now I admit I didn't read all NINE pages of posts (plain lazy, I know), but is the baby only her's, or his & hers? First case I feel some, but only some sympathy, second case I can somehow understand, but feel NO sympathy at all.

As usual, my 2-cents worth, personal opinion, as far as I can remember

What a sad situation

another meth head - bet he was a user as well.

another one of those all to typical pattaya headlines - place is out of control. murder, dope thuggery...

As Thai law stipulates, the mans name was on the birth certificate as the father - correct ;-)

You seem to under estimate the danger of going to the police, I,m amazed at your faith in them, The risk is,nt the paperwork involved although not being able to read thai even that could be a real trap,

I doubt the police would have much interest in the welfare of the baby but rather a great interest in how much money they could make out of the situation this guy was in, To my mind going to the police would have been inviting them to empty his bank account,

Would you consider going to the local mafia with such a problem?

Have you ever actually been in a Thai police station? I think it would be good therapy for you.

This baby was just shown on one of the Pattaya news channels and he looks 100% Thai, i just cant see de-doo Ron Ron being the wee chavvy's papa unless he is of Oriental appearance.

So maybe the Thaivisa judge juries and executioners should go boil their heads, until they are sure of the facts.

Edited by hansum

PATTAYAONE.NET REPORTS

3rd June 2010

So it is clear

1. He is the FATHER

so

Youre not all that bright are you! How can anyway attach an article from one of these Pattaya papers and stand by it as gospel ..... I bet you used to get so excited at the fantastic stories in the Daily Sport.

What a sad situation

another meth head - bet he was a user as well.

another one of those all to typical pattaya headlines - place is out of control. murder, dope thuggery...

What a sad post from a sad poster.

Another foreigner posting on here after being in Thailand for 20 seconds................................... assuming that 'Ron' is a user.

And those typical headlines can also relate to shed loads of countries, including mine.

Ever been to Moss Side Manchester, or Washington DC?

Get your head down and go back to sleep.

hansum' date='2010-06-05 00:19:47' post='3666856']

This baby was just shown on one of the Pattaya news channels and he looks 100% Thai, i just cant see de-doo Ron Ron being the wee chavvy's papa unless he is of Oriental appearance.

So maybe the Thaivisa judge juries and executioners should go boil their heads, until they are sure of the facts.

I think there is an earlier post where the mother told police the babies father is a Thai , so probably why she looks Thai .

PATTAYAONE.NET REPORTS

So it is clear

1. He is the FATHER

so....

:)

the article you've quoted says he's her HB too..

don't you think would easy for the police to find out full name, address (abroad too) and passport number of a foreigner legally married in thailand and legally father of the child?

having access to the weddings & birth registrations database (available at city hall, then immigration office) in a couple of keyboard clicks police would be aware of those info...

on the contrary

if he's not the legal father nor the legal HB, keeping the baby with him could be considered a crime, in case the real father would report a kidnapping, and believe me, as in this case the alleged kidnapper would be a foreigner, the police would not behave as with Martin's mother-in-law kidnapper of the little Tristan....

PATTAYAONE.NET REPORTS

3rd June 2010

Youre not all that bright are you! How can anyway attach an article from one of these Pattaya papers and stand by it as gospel ..... I bet you used to get so excited at the fantastic stories in the Daily Sport.

It was actually Pattaya TV news website.

and unlike you I would not read sleazy papers like the Daily Sport and have no knowledge of your reported fantastic stories therein.

The fact is an 8 month baby was abandoned at a local hospital. My hearts goes out to the baby.

the topic was about the baby but has degenerated will silly comments like yours re the daily sport.

Maybe I am not all that bright as you say, but I don't stoop to silly comments like your about your daily sport.

a baby was abandoned by papa

That is sad.

That is what this forum topic was supposed to be about.

but as the Bible declares...

out of the heart the mouth speaks.

and out of your mouth comes comments about sleazy newspapers.

out of my mouth comes concern about an abandoned baby.