Nature

soohk

In Finnish we have a saying "Etana, etana näytä sarves - tuleeko huomenna poutaa." Which basically means that if the snail shows it's "horns" tomorrow will be a pretty day. Is there a similar "old wisdom" in other languages / cultures?

This one is giving me a mixed signals. While in Phuket has been under severe storms for the past few days, this snail shows it's horns. Then again it's doing this on a tree several meters above the ground level :)

IMG_4442.JPG

In Finnish we have a saying "Etana, etana näytä sarves - tuleeko huomenna poutaa." Which basically means that if the snail shows it's "horns" tomorrow will be a pretty day. Is there a similar "old wisdom" in other languages / cultures?

Red sky at night shepherds delight, red sky in the morning sailors warning.

Red sky at night shepherds delight, red sky in the morning sailors warning.

Not all tail wagging dogs are friendly...old Apache proverb.

Birdsong

Great art . . clap2.gif wish i'd thought of it.

It immediately got me thinking of the Infinite monkey theorem. You know, the one that goes along the lines of . . . Given enough time, a chimp punching at random on a typewriter would almost surely type out all of Shakespeare's plays.

Well . . . click...click...click...click... Ad infinitum

Hey presto! they all land in perfect sequence to the opening minute or two of 'Village Swallows from Austria' by Josef Strauss (or any other work, by any other composer smile.png )

• Like 1