Nature

soohk

Jack , that Squirrel shot is a cracker ! Nice lens mate , great IQ

Thanks Goompa for your compliments.

It is very easy shooting from a blind and all sorts of critters show up with many making repeated visits.

I would recommend a zoom lens rather than a prime as you can see in my pic the black tipped tail has been cut off.

A poor pic of an Archduke but not sure exactly which. Could be Common or Malayan Archduke or something else. Hope someone can positively ID it.

Taken from Kaeng Krachan NP. Thanks.

How about "Black-tip Archduke"? This is a pretty worn specimen but the brighter forewing tips and darh antennae coulbcd be significant. The Common has quite pale antenna tips (yellow). The Black-tip is a malay/peninsular Thailand species. Rated as "uncommon" by Ek-Amnuay.

Oh darn, I just ran out of likes! facepalm.gifsad.png

Snake in the tree... first time I have seen one in years, and today I saw two.... Green tree snake, I think?

Correct. Surprised you got that close, those guys are fast. Or was that a very long zoom. biggrin.png

Snake in the tree... first time I have seen one in years, and today I saw two.... Green tree snake, I think?

Correct. Surprised you got that close, those guys are fast. Or was that a very long zoom. biggrin.png

I was not too far away, but used the zoom, then cropped in post editing!!! He tried to get up the tree but could not make it!!

He was speaking with forked tongue too, I vaguely remember they are mildly poisonous ... so did not get too close!!!

A poor pic of an Archduke but not sure exactly which. Could be Common or Malayan Archduke or something else. Hope someone can positively ID it.

Taken from Kaeng Krachan NP. Thanks.

How about "Black-tip Archduke"? This is a pretty worn specimen but the brighter forewing tips and darh antennae coulbcd be significant. The Common has quite pale antenna tips (yellow). The Black-tip is a malay/peninsular Thailand species. Rated as "uncommon" by Ek-Amnuay.

Could well be Black-tip MH, they are so hard to pin down. I have a copy of Ek-Amnuay's too but that doesn't make it any easier for me. I picked Malayan simply because on its forewings leading edges there seem to be a smattering of white spots/speckles that appear to match my worn specimen.

• Like 1

I was not too far away, but used the zoom, then cropped in post editing!!! He tried to get up the tree but could not make it!!

He was speaking with forked tongue too, I vaguely remember they are mildly poisonous ... so did not get too close!!!

Jimmy...the Paradise Green Tree Snake (in your photo) is not "mildly poisonous"...it is mildly venomous.

They're rear fanged snakes and their venom poses humans no harm but it's hell on lizards & small

rodentia. The venom is excreted as they chew.

• Like 2