Nature

soohk

I want , I want , I want ..

Yes the MPE_65 is a manual focus only lens , quite a few users need the adaptation of specifically designed flash units to make compensation of the SS and Aperture issues , but with good light it is awesome . I would like to get one for purely for the magnification qualities , I should have never bought the 100 2.8 non is unit a I find it has a ratio of about 5 % keeper.

With a metabones lens adaptor I can use it on the Sony and get a better DR than Canon can deliver and still keep contact with settings . Shame I have to buy 2 adaptors if I intend to use the OLY as well.

You have a good 60mm already but take a look at the new VENUS 60mm - gives quite a high magnification and gets good reviews. I have tried their flash unit by the way. Not that impressed. Really poorly made and incredibly heavy on batteries. Sometimes it works then not. All in all a poor buy IMHO. The lens looks a better bet - though if you already have a 60 not really worth it I guess. The Olympus 60 is a stunning lens anyway.

• Like 1

He disappeared after a couple of weeks. Maybe the monkeys got him, or maybe he got too tame and a two-legged predator got him.

But we certainly kept him well fed while he was there. Of course, he may have been a she.

Excuse my ignorance, just watched the vids; excellence!

This Piedish Beetle has a head about the size of a short grain rice. This shot was taken handheld: Canon 6D MPE65 all settings manual. attachicon.gifAustralian Piedish Beetle Walliston 15 07 2015 9913.jpg

Nice shot , what amplification were you using and did you have some flash as well Mousehound ?

I was on X4 - the beetle is 5mm at its widest. I have a low power dual flash - tricky - rigged up. Just took a shot of a Moths eye I will put up.