Nature

soohk

Awesome work there mate,these should be view able to a much wider audience!

Have just been looking at your images on Flickr,the detail is amazing.Personally I think

that these images should be shown to a much wider audience.....here is a list of some

Macro sites I have found on Flickr,join the sites and get some images posted to them.

In the land of the little things,you are King!

• Like 2

Great work Goompa.

I just picked up a canon MPE 65 - I believe very hard to use but can give high magnification (X1 - X5)

Could be interesting.

I hope to get back to Thailand a couple of times next year. I shall be targeting bird and macro work. Hua Hin - parks to North of Khao Yai and out of Chiang Mai. if anyone might be interested in getting together please let me know. You can PM me..

I want , I want , I want ..

Yes the MPE_65 is a manual focus only lens , quite a few users need the adaptation of specifically designed flash units to make compensation of the SS and Aperture issues , but with good light it is awesome . I would like to get one for purely for the magnification qualities , I should have never bought the 100 2.8 non is unit a I find it has a ratio of about 5 % keeper.

With a metabones lens adaptor I can use it on the Sony and get a better DR than Canon can deliver and still keep contact with settings . Shame I have to buy 2 adaptors if I intend to use the OLY as well.

attachicon.gifSpider with fly 2 9716.jpgThis little jumping spider was hidden in a dark corner. I would have preferred more light but don't like much flash as it flattens everything off. This one I took with two tiny synced flash units set on one third power. Hand held and on manual. Not as good as Goompa's but I was pleased I got it at all.

That's a great image Mousehound , I was struggling today with the wind to get a half decent image tbh , I suppose I was a bit lucky the spider was out in the sunshine and I know how difficult these shots are , these spiders are only 6mm in width , the little guy perched on my shot is on 10mm reo mesh , so to give an indication with an f4 or f2.8 with a dslr how difficult It is to get a well focused shot can be ... good luck with the 65 mate , be waiting to see your images .

• Like 1