Catching The Thai Houdini Won't Be Easy

webfact

QUOTE When he was a rank-and-file member of the Phalang Dharma Party in the late 1990s, Thaksin boasted repeatedly that for the right amount of money you could get anyone to work for you. Everybody has a price.

This is the key to the whole thing. Thaksin always thought like this. He found out the hard way there are some genuinely good and moral people in Thailand who actually care more about the Thai people than they do about themselves.

No matter how rich he became, he couldn't buy off one group. They were not interested in money. They were interested in helping all Thais with no thoughts towards themselves. This idea is totally incompatible with Thaksin's distorted world view. For Thaksin, somebody with values and morals is a non sequitur.

I will never understand how anyone can support this evil cretin. He is truly an abomination to the human race, and the TV posters who are on his payroll should keep in mind just where that money is coming from. Are those few pieces of silver truly worth going over to the dark side?

The world will be a better place once this hellion of Satan is gone.

Before anyone starts blasting me, i do not support taksin... however he DID do some good for the country - he did get the government to take action and follow through.. i think the issue of Taksin has become so Black and White (with or against) that the middle ground where someone can say that yes, he was a corrupt little a-hole who did just about everything for his benifit - but also did do some good for the country and get it moving, is now lost in the background... just wanted to say that we all need to take a little step back and not only focus on the negative / positive of taksin and look at the man and his policies as a whole.

I am sure that I am not the only person who has objections on your defense of this particular being in a human shape.

There never was a "middle ground" for this mans plans, all the "good he ever did" was necessary maintenance for himself, it ws all set up to cover his orperations, camouflage, if you don;t believe have a GOOD and CRITICAL look at the 30 Baht scheme and it's implementation and the rice pledge scheme... tell's it all, not to mention the War on Drugs and.... Tak Bai, and Kru Sae... - as grgb states in the quote: "For Thaksin, somebody with values and morals is a non sequitur." pictures the character of this person very well, from a unsuccessful provincial projectionist and movieproducer, to Lt.Col. with a law degree of some University in Texas (far away enough) to Mr.I'rule'em'all.... well, I am not a psychologist, but there is a syndrome people suffer from too much wealth, money, Power and Influence..special people who are of short growth, they suffer from an massively over clocked profile neurosis .... well now u figure!

It's way much better, specially after recent events that he stays put and keeps away forever - much, much better!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (landofthefree @ 2010-06-05 20:43:05) Likewise, I love the Thai people but they sometimes live in their own little worlds assuming that the world thinks they are a fair democracy and important on the world stage.Imagine the loss of face if the Government had to realize that they are not treated seriously by the rest of the world,they dont seem to realize that having non stop coups, a police force that doesnt do what its told and an army that choses when to do what its told it just doesnt look too civilised to outsiders. sorry thais but we still love you if nothing else your obsession with face saving makes us laugh! cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Neat little sidestep. From spokesperson for Thaksin to spokesperson for the World! Promotion or demotion i wonder?

Noticed quite a lot of sidestepping going on since the red's little Bangkok bonfire.

RIXALEX read my posting I didnt mention the T word once too many bigots on Thai visa who in a most predictable way if I did would write Thaksin is all bad Abhisit is all good . Yes I believe Thaksin did do some good for the country most reasonable people would admit that, yes Abhisit has done some good most people would admit that but they would also agree that both leaders have a very dark side to them the first for corruption the second for open deception, cheating trying to cover up and lying;) I dont know which one is worse than the other. Strange to get a balanced opinion on TV isnt it?

I notice tonight on Channel News Asia that Singapore has asked Interpol to aid in the capture of a British graffiti artist, one day after he has apparently absconded to Hong Kong.

And with all the hours and hours of taped evidence, presumably documented bank transfers and the such, Thailand can't get it's house in order to even file the request for Thaksin............ Yet.