Phantom Exhaust

chonak

hi, i want to change the exhast on my phantom, its got the standard 20 foot long version, im in pattaya and have seen a few with anice looking can on, does anyone know of a plce to take it that does a good job, i dont want a crap job doing on it, thanks jack

If you ever find a decent one please let me know as I would like to upgrade mine.

The Phantom price new was about 88,000 baht and when I asked the Honda dealers they quoted me 9,500 baht as the best price.

If you do make sure you keep the original stock item as you'll need to re-fit it before you can get your bike out of one of the many pounds it will be taken to around Pattaya after the police stop and fine you for having a non-standard exhaust.

... actually, they don't need to stop you: you may just find one admiring it and waiting for you when you come out of the bank/post office, etc.

This is a favourite (and legal) earner for the BiB in Pattaya this year.

There are some custom dual and quad pipes available in Singapore but they won't pass the yearly inspections.

Upgrading for performance wise I'll likely just go to the nearest scrapyard and have some power drill fun just like on the intake.

If you do make sure you keep the original stock item as you'll need to re-fit it before you can get your bike out of one of the many pounds it will be taken to around Pattaya after the police stop and fine you for having a non-standard exhaust.

... actually, they don't need to stop you: you may just find one admiring it and waiting for you when you come out of the bank/post office, etc.

This is a favourite (and legal) earner for the BiB in Pattaya this year.

is it that bad you think? ive seen a few that have been changed and they look ok, not cobbled on, proper welded or flanged mount and not noisey, just shorter and more aestheticaly pleasing than that great chrome rocket,

Upgrading for performance wise I'll likely just go to the nearest scrapyard and have some power drill fun just like on the intake.

I had a Phantom for 65,000 kms. Performance and Phantom simply do not belong together......

Had a lot of fun with ti though, but also more than a few mechanical problems due to the timing chain.

I had a Phantom for 65,000 kms. Performance and Phantom simply do not belong together......

Had a lot of fun with ti though, but also more than a few mechanical problems due to the timing chain.

How and where did you get the timing chain fixed?

I went for a ride with my mate, me on my Phantom and he on is Kawasaki somethingor other.

We left my place at Klong Lan, up to Khampaeng Phet, up the route 1 to somewhere north of Tak then cut across country to Mae Ramat, down to Mae Sot, back to Tak and then back home.

470km and it was a good day out apart from being caught in the heavy rain twice.

He generously went slower for me.