Best Online Bangkok Street Map

blackbox

Your taking a computer with u ?

That's not a part of the plan.

It's more for preparation and to have an idea which direction to head for. If it will be a long run I will print the route and have with me 500 bath for a possible taxi ride back home.

Do you of any online map to use for running?

Hi, the streets aren't really great for running in my opinion as I have looked at that option before, too many obstacles and packed pavements. My favourite place in Bangkok to run is in Lumpini Park, the lap is 2.5 Km (well 2.543 to be exact) and it's brilliant as the road is marked out every 100 metres. There are hundreds of runners in the morning and evening but I think that the evening is better as there is more of a buzz and it's quite an experience as the world temporarily stops for the Thai anthem at 6pm and then everyone runs off again when the whistle blows.

There are also changing rooms in Lumpini, you can leave your bag there securely for 5 baht and that also includes a shower if you want one. It's tough work running in Bangkok but it's my favourite place in the world to run.. I always feel inspired running there with the crowds and there is a mixture between some serious runners and the not so serious and there's a very friendly aymosphere.

If you have any questions, then let me know. Happy running :)

For a 500 baht taxi ride home you'd have to run a Marathon and some more!! :)

Your taking a computer with u ?

That's not a part of the plan.

It's more for preparation and to have an idea which direction to head for. If it will be a long run I will print the route and have with me 500 bath for a possible taxi ride back home.

Do you of any online map to use for running?

From my extensive walks I need to press a point on you.

You really need maps that mark out places where the dogs are just too aggressive. Many major streets that don't get much foot traffic you will definitely be attacked, particularly at the front of Temple grounds, and particularly in the mornings and the evenings (the exact times you'll want to run). People who drive around in their cars simply never see this danger.

As an example of something you may feel to be in your comfort zone, you can run from Ekkamai to Pinklao Bridge on Sukhumvit Road (and some minor roads) and there is a possibility of not being attacked, but beyond that on either side you are just a moving target for the dogs.

I have been bitten twice and have learnt to avoid certain parts of major streets.

Thailand has the third worst levels of rabies in the World. Getting bitten means running straight to the hospital...

I very rarely do see farang runners (never Thais) around the main streets. I think it's mad, and I love running. Lumpini is your best option or the running tracks at the university grounds.

As an example of something you may feel to be in your comfort zone, you can run from Ekkamai to Pinklao Bridge on Sukhumvit Road (and some minor roads) and there is a possibility of not being attacked, but beyond that on either side you are just a moving target for the dogs.

I have been bitten twice and have learnt to avoid certain parts of major streets.

This is because u are running, and I guess start running away from them when they bark and chase. If you stop the second they give chase, turn around and kick one of them so hard they go head over heels, they will all run away and never bother u again.....

Thanks for all the nice contributions.

I have tried the google map but when I press in it's like none of them are recognized and the suggestions that google come with i have no idea where is compared with my original destination.

I am very keen on running in Lumpinee Park but what would be the easiest/cheapest/fastest ( Yeah, I know go run but...) way to get there from Ramkamhaeng Road. Taxi all the way? Taxi to the metrobus/subway (-which station?)? or bus nr? and then metrobus/subway?

Thanks again!

I have tried the google map but when I press in it's like none of them are recognized and the suggestions that google come with i have no idea where is compared with my original destination.

I am very keen on running in Lumpinee Park but what would be the easiest/cheapest/fastest ( Yeah, I know go run but...) way to get there from Ramkamhaeng Road. Taxi all the way? Taxi to the metrobus/subway (-which station?)? or bus nr? and then metrobus/subway?

Thanks again!

It depends how far along Ramkhamhaeng Rd you are - if you are near the canal it may be quickest to take the canal ferry to Chitlom and then taxi/walk to Lumpini Park.... that's if you really want to travel all the way across town to go for a run!

Seri Thai Park is much more accessible from the higher Ramkhamhaeng Sois... very nice, quiet and fresh air. More details Here .

Thanks again!

Rajamangala Stadium and it's surrounds would be much closer for you to run around than spending hours stuck in traffic to get to Lumpinee.