Drug Dilemma!

sarahsbloke

Report or not  

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm not sure what to do on this one

My next door neighbour (white man) has a lot of drugs in his house, My wife and I saw 4 bags of cannabis and 2 small bags of opium on his table one day. He likes to smoke cannabis joints with opium sprinkles almost every day.

He is also working without a work permit.

I (foreigner) say, nothing to do with us pretend we didn't see anything, not our business

My wife (Thai) says, foreigner come in our country and break our law, my duty to report.

What do you think, foreigners taking drugs and working without a permit OK or not?

(I voted no, not my business)

Edited by sarahsbloke

I agree you stay out, but if your wife reports this back her.

I with you. I wouldn't go out of my way to cause trouble but if your wife reports you have to be on her side.

If he's not bothering anyone what's your problem?

Like I said, not my business, I don't have a problem

BUT

My wife points out that Thais have a very big problem with foreigners coming to their country and breaking their laws.

The whole 'turning a blind eye' attitude we have (and that includes me) taints us all in the eyes of the Thai people.

Bags???????>size?

personnal?

bags=supplier!

If supplier your wife is correct

If personnal then dont get involved

Your wife sounds like a trouble maker not a good neighbour and if he is a white man(farang) and your neighbour also are you not on talking terms with him to warn him about what your wife thinks?

You got a "no" vote from me. Like others have stated, as long as it is not intruding on your life and well being stay out of it.

Does your wife report others Thai's if they run a "friendly" poker game, or drink on religious holidays, ride their motorbikes without a helmet, selling counterfeit media, partaking in a soapy massage where there may be money exchanged for a "happy ending etc...?

Now if he was dealing it from his house then this would be a separate issue.

Edited by mizzi39

Bags???????>size?

personnal?

bags=supplier!

If supplier your wife is correct

If personnal then dont get involved

Your wife sounds like a trouble maker not a good neighbour and if he is a white man(farang) and your neighbour also are you not on talking terms with him to warn him about what your wife thinks?

I'm sure he will be happy to move away from his nosy neighbour! :)

That's a tough spot to be in. Opium is a hard drug that attracts criminals and police. He is an addict and won't listen to reason as the opium controls his actions. You don't know how much he has and if he is also dealing. You don't want to be caught in a crossfire from either one of them either trying to steal his drugs or haul him in to the monkey house. If you aren't willing to move then for your families safety report him but see if the police will allow you to get out of the area when they come for him.

I say you should stay out of it-- Tell your wife that if he chooses to come to Thailand and do things Thai people don't approve of, he will get whatever is deserved of him but it isn't your responsibility to "tattle-tail" on him just because she said so.

Be a man and don't let her force you to report him, especially if he is just using it for himself, because i feel like drug use is a personal choice...

If he's not bothering anyone what's your problem?

Like I said, not my business, I don't have a problem

BUT

My wife points out that Thais have a very big problem with foreigners coming to their country and breaking their laws.

The whole 'turning a blind eye' attitude we have (and that includes me) taints us all in the eyes of the Thai people.

Its not like the Thais don't have this 'turning a blind eye' thing going on with there own kind. Keep out of it and get the wife an Hobby.

He's not likely to be getting the stuff without Thai involvement is he !?

Not having a go, just an observation.

Does your wife really beleive this ?, or is she just repeating what she is hearing on TV, reading in the newspapers ??.....all Thailand woes are because of foreigners coming here and corrupting the Thai nation etc....and other nationalistic/xenophobic rhetoric ??

I am all for free drug use but we are in Thailand. I would not report a Thai using it and wont report a farang using it either unless it affects me personally. And working without a work permit i could not care less about it. Maybe if Thais made it easy to work legal i would care but not the way things are.

So if your neighbor was Thai, instead of foreign she would not report him?

Or how about if he was Asian (not white) such as Chinese, Korean etc...?

My thought exactly. Seems you wife thinks because he's a foreigner she feels he should be busted. If she would be of the same opinion if he was Thai then that's fine, otherwise has a touch of racism in her decision?

If he isn't causing a problem for anyone what right does anyone have for causing a problem for him?

As long as the guy uses his drugs at home does not bother anyone and does not go driving while being stoned (highly unlikely) then i don't see a problem. If the guy is a nuisance, stealing sound ect.. then id report him.

If he isn't causing a problem for anyone what right does anyone have for causing a problem for him?

As long as the guy uses his drugs at home does not bother anyone and does not go driving while being stoned (highly unlikely) then i don't see a problem. If the guy is a nuisance, stealing sound ect.. then id report him.

I think that the bigger issue is your daily drunks driving around both Thai and foreign more than a pot smoker.

Edited by mizzi39

You should feel very happy that you have a neighbor who quietly smokes weed and opium, rather than a raging drunk shouting and screaming every night.

Also it is absolutely none of your business what he does in his own house, as long he is not harming anyone else.

You should feel very happy that you have a neighbor who quietly smokes weed and opium, rather than a raging drunk shouting and screaming every night.

Also it is absolutely none of your business what he does in his own house, as long he is not harming anyone else.

Well said - I agree.