Thai Emergency Powers Raise Justice, Free Speech Fears

george

Just got a "Blocked by the Ministry" sign when logging into Facebook from my PDA.

Laptop is ok. I wonder why this has happened.

I think you talk too much Thai politics.

DSI outside your door already?

Lets wait and see.

As to why Facebook, who knows. If they want to clobber political discussion, TV would make far more sense.

CRES may extend emergency law imposition

BANGKOK, 16 June 2010 (NNT) – The Center for the Resolution of Emergency Situation (CRES) is considering extending the Emergency Decree imposition after it has found some suspicious movements of the anti-government United Front of Democracy Against Dictatorship (UDD) in some areas.

CRES and Army Spokesperson, Colonel Sansern Kaewkamnerd, said related authorities would discuss the continuation of the State of Emergency during 23-25 June before proposing their conclusion to the cabinet. According to the recent Army intelligence, there are still attempts by UDD supporters to use heavy weapons in instigating violence in some provinces. Officers are looking into the case and proceeding on legal action to curb the situation.

Meanwhile, Secretary-General of the National Security Council (NSC) Tawin Pleansri revealed that the list of 152 people suspected to be the source of fund for the recent UDD rally has been cut down to 86. In the latest development, an ad-hoc panel has been appointed to investigate the financial transactions of the 86 suspects.

CRES may extend emergency law imposition : National News Bureau of Thailand

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 16 June 2010 footer_n.gif