Transfer Of Visa Stamp To New Passport

I just picked up my new passport and need the entery stamp moved from the old one to the new one. Can this be done at any imm. office? I have the necessary letter from the embassy and I use the imm. office in Sisaket.

FYI Immigration has opened a branch in the city of Sisaket in the same compound as the police headquarters. They open on June 14 and will only be there on monday and friday.

If you are on an extension of stay from immigration, go to your local immigration station where you got your extension of stay.

My question is, can any imm. office transfer the necessary info to my new passport?

And the answer depends on what information needs to be transferred. If just your entry stamp any office taking care of where you are located should be able to do it. If there is an extension of stay involved it will have to be the office that issued the extension of stay.

And the answer depends on what information needs to be transferred. If just your entry stamp any office taking care of where you are located should be able to do it. If there is an extension of stay involved it will have to be the office that issued the extension of stay.

Yes it is the entry stamp. I am in BKK now but must go to Sisaket imm. for my extension next week.I was just wondering if they could also transfer the entry stamp. This would save me a trip to Bkk imm.

I just picked up my new passport and need the entery stamp moved from the old one to the new one. Can this be done at any imm. office? I have the necessary letter from the embassy and I use the imm. office in Sisaket.

FYI Immigration has opened a branch in the city of Sisaket in the same compound as the police headquarters. They open on June 14 and will only be there on monday and friday.

Speaking entirely from personal experience. Each immigration offices seems to operate according to their own rules. At one immigration office they simply stapled my old and new passports together and referred to both books. At another time I filled out a special 'transfer request' (which wasn't properly implemented and seemed to confuse a couple of imm officers) and they made a salad like mess in moving some but not all of the pertinent information.

Personally, I would try the stapling old and new together and claim 'spirit of cooperation and desire to make their job easier' if questioned.

• 2 months later...

My new passport is about to arrive. Previously I was on a good Visa and had it transferred to my PP at the old place in BKK, but as this was many years ago, I suppose my entry stamp (no Visa this entry) can be transferred at the new super-center north of Don Muang? Building 1 or 2? Or I shall find it myself...eventually... ;)

*scratches head* Ok, that didn't make it easier to decide. :)

My next border-trip will most likely be via Poipet, but I might go to KL...I have a feeling that it is actually to get a nice 'cooperation spirit' at Poipet, as my Baht in the past has shown me. Perhaps they can transfer the stamp there...if it is actually needed, even if I bring both the new and the old passport.

Would hate to lose a full week-day to go to immigrations to get this done...