Research

Kasandra

Dear all,

I’m doing research for one project, and I need your help.

If you would be a tourist, how long would you need to get bored of walking street? The thing is in my project I am trying to prove, that after a while, 6 days of going to the same walking street you will get bored eventually. That people need other activities as well, or classier parties. What do you think? Please be short.

Thank you!!

So let's see, the OP is wondering if the bar he has his eye on can really get the repeat business the current owner claims.

To answer his question: one night is enough of that mess for me. It was the last 423 times I visited there.

quite frankly I've been going to that street for several years and the place is as tiring as my back hand. it gets very tiring after a few months believe me!

I go once or twice a week there as an expat just to enjoy the discos and the gogos there. too many transient tourists, cheap charlie gawkers, for my liking. I prefer being around other expats, not tourists.

besides, there are many wierdos/crazies around there and the prices for things are just silly. for example, the prices for street food is double. and if I wanted to get laid, I'd head to Soi 6, not ripoff street.

Walking Street is great to just sit in a comfortable chair, drink a cold beer and watch the parade go by. Never boring. The same with the 3rd Street Promenade in Santa Monica California. If you are a people person, it's great to watch the show.

I agree with you 100%. I head down to WS every once in a while (sometimes even with the wife) just to look at all the weird, fascinating people walking by. Never gets boring!

Important scientific research like this will require more than a snap poll of TV contributors.However,to be fair,I am assuming that you are using TV as a pilot study.

Be prepared to devote considerable time and effort to this long overdue project,which may be sufficiently important to warrant a government grant.

The problem with your pilot study is that it is retrospective,and in order to achieve statistically significant results the study will have to become prospective,which will undoubtedly take considerable time.

Also you must be prepared to enlist the assistance of a qualified statistician,for I would anticipate serious difficulties in applying objective statistical analysis to your study.

You will also have to choose a random study group,excluding any person who has previously visited Walking st.,this will narrow your options.

Despite the hurdles involved in your project,I would not want to discourage you from persisting with your objective,and hope that the results of this pilot study prove helpful.

For me, the allure of the inside of the bars was lost some years ago. However, sitting half way up the street on a wicker chair facing the road with a cold beer in hand, is one of the all time greatest free , freak-shows known to man. Never get bored of watching the worlds strangest walk by.

Edited by suiging

As an expat i got bored with WS 6 years ago.Used to go nearly every night after a session on soi 7/8,but i got fed up of the trouble/tourists/ping pong throwing,idiots ringing the bell etc etc.Itsa feak show for freaks and will not go there.

I reckon you need to be more specific.

Do you mean going to Walking Street to oggle girls/ ladyboys/ boys ( pick preference ), or to visit the bars/ GoGos there?

If the former, I could never get bored of that ( girls ), so long as have hormones.

If the latter, got bored of them after about 15 years.