Princess Sirindorn

LPCustom69

Yesterday I had the honor of meeting Her Royal Highness Princess Sirindhorn at a photo exhibit at Pattaya Beach. I was one of four former military personnel chosen to discuss Pattaya then (25+ years ago) and now. We expected everything to be very formal, but on this occasion the Princess decided to be informal. We talked about various subjects, and the Princess recalled many childhood memories of hers. Needless to say, we were in awe, and enjoyed every one of the 20 - 30 minutes we spent with her. She is a kind, compassionate, and extremely intelligent woman, and has plans to continue and expand her works. I now understand why the Thais love her so much.

:o

she is a very publicly accessible person which I think is fantastic.

I have seen her walking around Siam Discovery centre with only a minimum of minders. She waited her turn to get down the escalators just like every one else and walked amongst the people like every other shopper. No police advance squads to clear the way with her, that some senior politicians seem to think is their right.

My boss has also seen her on the sky train coming back from Emporium department store to her house, just near Siam. Again, minimum of minders, and none of her “people” forced others to give up their seats for her. (people voluntarily did once they realised it was her though.)