Flat Tire On Scooter Where To Fix?

got a flat on my scooter and want to know where the places that can fix it are.

Any ideas?

how long have you been in samui, or what.

When you drive your bike do you not see every 200m there is a bike repair shop

It is only 30 baht where I live, but then again it is not a tourist area or the islands

It is only 30 baht where I live, but then again it is not a tourist area or the islands

where do you live in samui.

I dont believe it costs you 30 baht

A long way from Samui.

he doesnt live on samui, as he said, its not a t ourist area or the islands ,where he lives.,

saying that i would imagine the price varies , depending on the size of tyres, ie vespa as opposed to honda wave, as the op didnt state make of vehicle or inner tube size,, its all abit hypothetical really :)

So you mean, that we are not so smart to live at such a place or do you want us to push the bike from Bophut to the ferry and then to that place?

Any ideas?

quality, someone asks a normall question then someone else has ago at the op. or not living here long enough. ha ha. why are so many people in samui in compitition with eacj other. i hear than same thing. " how long have u been here "

" 3 weeks "

" well i have been here 3 months so shut up, i know everything "

makes me laugh

Edited by BigC

Any ideas?

quality, someone asks a normall question then someone else has ago at the op. or not living here long enough. ha ha. why are so many people in samui in compitition with eacj other. i hear than same thing. " how long have u been here "

" 3 weeks "

makes me laugh

Yeah it has me laffin too. I've never even been to Samui but I know more about the place than all of you put together. Airfares are so expensive nowadays I just change my screensaver every day. Its difficult for us Kazakstanis to get a visa but when I finish my sentence I hope to sail my boat down there.

150 Baht is correct by the way I remember the member I can't name for legal reasons whinging on at me about it in Cheong Mon.....happily there is usually a beer bar close by the garage as well. :)

Or so I read somewhere.....

Any ideas?

" 3 weeks "

makes me laugh

but he is right, motorcycle repair shops are easy to find, because they are everywhere. And in case, why not ask the next Thai person there? That would be more efficient, also in case he sent his question to us on the spot from his motorbike.

150 baht is with new inner tube.

Yep I think so, never actually checked what they do, leave it for 30 mins and its done.

by the way I remember the member I can't name for legal reasons whinging on at me about it in Cheong Mon..

At 150 baht, how much cheaper can it realistically get

by the way I remember the member I can't name for legal reasons whinging on at me about it in Cheong Mon..

At 150 baht, how much cheaper can it realistically get

It was so bad I paid for the repair AND bought him a beer while we waited for it to get fixed. At least he had the grace to smile in the end. Welcome to paradise.

if your near bohput coming from maenam turn left at lights where police box is, on the left there, or straight on at lights couple of hundred yards on left, but there will be dozens of places nearer. Samui always want to put in new tube which for a thai was 120 baht.

now live in Pattaya where its 30 baht every where and advertised at that.

Edited by NALAK

if your near bohput coming from maenam turn left at lights where police box is, on the left there, or straight on at lights couple of hundred yards on left, but there will be dozens of places nearer. Samui always want to put in new tube which for a thai was 120 baht.

now live in Pattaya where its 30 baht every where and advertised at that.

:DMaybe there is some method in their madness, Nalak, the roads in Pattaya are a dam_n site better than Samui so maybe a patch over the hole will last longer on a smooth road rather than a dirt track.

I know whenever they used a patch on my tubes it didnt last long and I ended up just asking for a new tube anyway.

HL :)

Any ideas?

" 3 weeks "

makes me laugh

but he is right, motorcycle repair shops are easy to find, because they are everywhere. And in case, why not ask the next Thai person there? That would be more efficient, also in case he sent his question to us on the spot from his motorbike.

suppose so. or he could just ask a question on here. he was probably surfing the web and kkust asked while he was surfing but do agree inding a motor bike repair shop is just as easy as finding a thai massage shop lol.It is a bit like asking someone on the street. then them giving them a hammering for not knowing, ha ha

not sure but i reckon that he hasn't been here long cause he calls scooters. what they are scooters. i call them motor bikes because i have been her for too long and cannot be bothered to explain the difference to every thai i meet

Edited by BigC

In case the OP is not aware, the Thai for 'puncture repair' is ปะยาง (literally 'patch rubber'). You will see that phase written on many signs all over the island.

If you are still stuck, just ask a moto driver for 'bpa yang' and he should understand

.. and where I live, it's only 10 baht to repair an inner tube (that should start another arguement...)

Simon

I lived just up from 99Karaoke in Chaweng a little over a year ago. The little ram shackle place on the left as you go towards the ring road would indeed charge me 30baht... for a puncture repair. I gave up buying new inner tubes on Samui as I'd average buying a new one every 10 days or so.

I dont know, I asked some Thais today and it ranged around 100 baht - 120 baht to fix a type (method unsure), that I paid 150 sounds about right (try getting noodle soup for 30 baht as falang now). Anyway, my motorbike wouldnt start today after stopping for some 5baht Issan sausage in the morning, suspected either battery or crap gasoline, after they had for 3 hours turns out apparently that part of the engine has gone (maybe this broke as they show me some part), although they didnt look very certain, 2500baht to fix - asked are you sure that will fix it - yes 100% - love Thai logic. They did point out it had no been oiled for six month (true) - no one reminded me (no service required letters lol). Anyway was dripping with sweat and just fix it the dam_n thing and give me a bike for a few days. Perhaps I was ripped off but I not going to dwell too much... I aint got the 2500 baht to spare freely but is it worth spending another day wasting time.. As for an inner tube.. On occassions like this its sometimes good to think how much QuickFit or MotorMania (forgetting the names) would charge just to tell you its knackered.

After rambling, my point being, when pay X amount to fly out here and you dont live in rabbit hutch and work 6 days a week for 7000 baht then you really shouldnt expect the same price (however frustrating), business owners are just cunning in expoliting an opportunity where they see it - this guy wont waste another hour or push his bike for another 500metres to save 60 baht on a tyre.

Edited by mattcodes