Thai Ladies Wearing Braces

somtampet

The amount of young thai ladies that are wearing braces is ridiculous.They cannot talk properly and have lost the nice smile.Anybody know why they think they are so lovely,as i believe most men are turned off by them.

Whta are the views of the panel,good or bad

Good. It makes them feel better and helps straighten their teeth. If a female thinks it will make her look a little bit better, you can bet she is going to do it unless it's totally cost prohibitive to her (or Mom and Dad, the boyfriend/husband, or SugarDaddy).

Plus, it seems to also be taking on a fad status at this point in time which makes it an even more "gotta do it" thing.

'GuestHouse' date='2010-06-09 20:50' timestamp='1276091408' post='3676422']

It's all to do with WYSMNBWYG - What You See Might Not Be What You Get

Somewhat like 'The padded bra syndrome ' ??????????????

Recently I read where certain colourful braces had been banned due to incorrect fitment , causing infections and fitted by none professionals , looking beautiful ,sometimes is not to be beautiful , many men fly to Thailand looking for short , brown ladies , who are in the process of attempting to become white and look tall , lots of those in the countries they came from .

The amount of young thai ladies that are wearing braces is ridiculous.They cannot talk properly and have lost the nice smile.Anybody know why they think they are so lovely,as i believe most men are turned off by them.

Whta are the views of the panel,good or bad

Dumb fashion fad followed by sheep makes em all look like ugly betty. or Jaws aka James Bond Villain.

Edited by yabaaaa

My daughter had braces, my brother had braces, many people have had them. I've seen many Thais with great looking teeth, and many with buck teeth. If they can afford to look better they will! Nose jobs and breast enlargement are also very common. The pain involved doesn't seem to be a big issue, for some reason...

Well when i was about 12 years old i thought guys with braces were hot and I also wanted braces because I thought it looked cute.

NOW I wouldn't dare want braces, and I have straight teeth, a dentist in America tried to tell me I needed them and I laughed in her face, especially at the price. (The same dentist told me two years before how perfectly straight my teeth were and asked me if i had ever had braces... easy for them to forget.... )

It's the fashion in Thailand, it shows they have enough money to afford braces....

There is nothing too unique about Thai style as if you look around, individulality is lacking quite a bit. (Not that there is anything wrong with that...)

The braces thing isn't as common as it was about a year ago because some girl passed away from some non-licensed person doing the braces and the complications that came along with it...and a lot of those places got shut down - slowing down the trend.

Don't be too quick to put it down to a fashion fad. Ask 10 of them why they have braces and see how many only do it for silly cosmetic reasons.

Something in the Thai genotype forms a slightly protruding jaw in which you often see two "fang-like" angled teeth on the lower and/or teeth overlap within their 20s. Strangely enough I haven't noticed this with the men. Some girls find this enough reason to nip it in the bud and have the teeth removed and braces fitted to move the remaining ones closer together so they'll grow and move without future overlap problems. You could see it's down to vanity, but when it's not done it's pretty unsightly.

Good on Thai women to try their best to make themselves feminine and beautiful but (generally) leave the associated bigheadedness at the door. One reason why they're so popular isn't it, they put in the effort.

It is for the majority a silly fashion trend.

I know some young, beautiful girls in Indo that want to fit them too. <deleted>???

Why ruin their beautiful faces, I cant understand it.

But for those that actually do need them, more power to them.

The majority of them are wearing fake braces.

It's a fashion thing.

Correct, collecting the money for the real ones, and going to a shop just clue the fake ones on for 380 Baht:o .

I know a girl collected from 2 guys 18 k each and got the fake ones for 380 Baht, many different colors looks lovely and all people happy.

She happy mak mak with another 35 k in her pocket:)

Weren't we discussing deaths caused by this fad a few months back?

Edit. Just googled Thailand braces death. Top link was to a newspaper we can't link to. However in Chonburi last November, a teenaged girl died after having braces fitted by an unlicensed detist.

Edited by Mosha

It is a fashion, an odd one, yes but a fashion trend nonetheless. My nephew just got braces, I suggested purple but he said his dentist called them a "plaque trap".

Don't be too quick to put it down to a fashion fad. Ask 10 of them why they have braces and see how many only do it for silly cosmetic reasons.

Something in the Thai genotype forms a slightly protruding jaw in which you often see two "fang-like" angled teeth on the lower and/or teeth overlap within their 20s. Strangely enough I haven't noticed this with the men. Some girls find this enough reason to nip it in the bud and have the teeth removed and braces fitted to move the remaining ones closer together so they'll grow and move without future overlap problems. You could see it's down to vanity, but when it's not done it's pretty unsightly.

Good on Thai women to try their best to make themselves feminine and beautiful but (generally) leave the associated bigheadedness at the door. One reason why they're so popular isn't it, they put in the effort.

How long have you beena dentiist then Carl.FRom what I see most Thais teeth unlike their European counterparts are extremely good..........its a fad.

Id say Farangs like Thai women because they are thin and got long black hair.

Yabaa, haven't you noticed the teeth overlap so common with the Thai females? Two dentists informed me it's a genetic thing where the teeth don't "fit" into the jaw properly and begin to mess up. A good reason for removal and then braces, if they care enough about their smile.

If the thin ones with black hair didn't smile and wore jeans, trainers and baseball caps most days we might not like them so much...

If one were to go by bad teeth , I wonder why England and Japan don't lead the way in colourful braces? unsure.gif

Here I think it's fashion, kindly like those shiny things some locals have dangling off their mobiles.

But speaking of the Japanese, I notice a trend lately for the resident male population to put down the novel that they pretend to be reading on the skytrain and replace it with all manner of things dangling off their pants - like they are some kind of rock climbing authorities.

What's next I wonder? (will consult crystal ball and will report later in the afternoon with a prediction).

I've read before in the Thai news about a girl who died from an infection from 'fake braces'....

In that news topic it was touched upon that the braces are the cosmetic result of girls in a less wealthy demographic attempting enhance their socioeconomic image.

Real braces are relatively expensive. In a country where money appears to be the most important factor for 'face' and social success a lot of girls try to make themselves look wealthier and therefor more desirable by having these fake braces fitted.

I never even KNEW there was such a thing as false braces! That surprises me, but I guess it shouldn't. There are a LOT of strange things that Thais do that don't make a lot of sense.

I understand why young women would want straight teeth. After all, it is the Thai smile tha attracts a lot of people, and there is a lot of great competitioin out there. Most young Thai women are blessed with many lovely attributes: slim figures, great legs, a cute tush, lovely golden skin, beautiful brown eyes and long, silky black hair. It makes us old lady watchers think we've died and gone to heaven... even if we can't touch 95% of what we see.

Yabaa, haven't you noticed the teeth overlap so common with the Thai females? Two dentists informed me it's a genetic thing where the teeth don't "fit" into the jaw properly and begin to mess up. A good reason for removal and then braces, if they care enough about their smile.

If the thin ones with black hair didn't smile and wore jeans, trainers and baseball caps most days we might not like them so much...

If they are removing teeth thats for "overcrowding" I had the same done and had braces when i was 12 not because I had a deformed jaw.