Where Can I Buy Wheatgrass Juice ?

alfieconn

Aden health food store on Nimmanhemin

or

Baan Suon Pak health food store

419/27 Vitchayanon Road, Chaingmai

Tel. 053233317, 09-4331357

have it consistently. 45 baht per shot

Otherwise there are some smaller juice bar places around that have it but it's more hit and miss. The two health food stores have good quality wheatgrass they grow right there.

Edited by CobraSnakeNecktie

Aden health food store on Nimmanhemin

or

Baan Suon Pak health food store

419/27 Vitchayanon Road, Chaingmai

Tel. 053233317, 09-4331357

have it consistently. 45 baht per shot

Otherwise there are some smaller juice bar places around that have it but it's more hit and miss. The two health food stores have good quality wheatgrass they grow right there.

also salad concept on nimmanhemin does shots

As well as the venues already mentioned, there used to be a small place in the basement of Kad Suan Kaew that sold it. It was along one side close to a small coffee franchise and not far from the entrance to Tops Supermarket. A juice bar on Soi Rachamanka off Moon Muang also used to sell it. I say "used to" in both cases because I've been out of town for a while and hence can't confirm that they still do.

I would say, however, that it's that easy to grow that it's worth getting your own going. The only issue you might have is finding a juicer in Thailand that's capable of handling wheat grass. Obviously they exist, otherwise the vendors wouldn't be juicing it but I had problems getting my hands on one when I'd decided to grow my own. You can always just chew the grass to extract the juice!

Edited by Bananaman

As well as the venues already mentioned, there used to be a small place in the basement of Kad Suan Kaew that sold it. It was along one side close to a small coffee franchise and not far from the entrance to Tops Supermarket. A juice bar on Soi Rachamanka off Moon Muang also used to sell it. I say "used to" in both cases because I've been out of town for a while and hence can't confirm that they still do.

I would say, however, that it's that easy to grow that it's worth getting your own going. The only issue you might have is finding a juicer in Thailand that's capable of handling wheat grass. Obviously they exist, otherwise the vendors wouldn't be juicing it but I had problems getting my hands on one when I'd decided to grow my own. You can always just chew the grass to extract the juice!

The place on Rachamanka is probably Juice4U. They're still there and I assume have wheatgrass juice as they have lots of healthy drinks. There's a place called Dada Kafe directly across the street that definitely sells it and apparently has a garden up on their roof. Maybe they'd be willing to sell larger quantities than a shot glass. Being in the backpacker area, both are bound to be a little expensive.