Tax On Bike

nellyp

My missus owns a bike in Thailand which we left for the families use. We are planning on coming back to Thailand and wanted the bike as a means of me getting about without the family. We have been informed that it has not had the tax insurance etc paid for the last 3 years :) . Apparently my missus has to pay all the money owned for te last 5 years before she can use the bike again (according to the family). Is this true or could we not just say that the bike has not been used

My friend was told with a big bike (400) that had some book problems (it had a book, but was not in his name) that after 3 years untaxed the plate was invalid. He couldnt get a replacement book or legit tax on it IIRC.

Its quite possible he was miss informed.

My friend was told with a big bike (400) that had some book problems (it had a book, but was not in his name) that after 3 years untaxed the plate was invalid. He couldnt get a replacement book or legit tax on it IIRC.

Its quite possible he was miss informed.

Hi LivinLOS,

you have been misinformed , you can go anytime with the bike to the land and transportation department and pay the tax , if the bike is less than 4 years old you don't have to bring the bike, just bring the green book, and pay the tax. the name on the green book is irrelevant for the tax payment.

bye

Sylvain