Bars With World Cup With English Commentary

madmitch

Peppers near the Laguna entrance all games every night with english

Yeah I was there last night

so was I ,wish they could edit out those f##king horns, kiwis jamy b@#sd%^$s

yeah I agree the vuvuzela horns have been a downside to the world cup this year. Not being able to hear the crowd cheer or chant is a real shame, especially if you dont have englsh commentary.

And now the police go round busting bars for showing 'illegal broadcasts' if they have the english commentary !!

Yet the cable company thats rebroadcasting that english commentary, they are left alone, only the end user who purchased the cable feed is punished !!

Amazing..

And now the police go round busting bars for showing 'illegal broadcasts' if they have the english commentary !!

Yet the cable company thats rebroadcasting that english commentary, they are left alone, only the end user who purchased the cable feed is punished !!

Amazing..

There is a licence fee to pay to show the World Cup in bars. It's 10,000 baht. There are a couple of threads about this. That may be the reason.

There is a licence fee to pay to show the World Cup in bars. It's 10,000 baht. There are a couple of threads about this. That may be the reason.

WOW really ??

License fee from whom ?? The police or a real one ??

Must admit the few bar owners I talked to didnt mention this.

WOW really ??

License fee from whom ?? The police or a real one ??

Must admit the few bar owners I talked to didnt mention this.

Have a read of this thread from the Pattaya forum.

World Cup licence

However if that turns out to be true.. And I personally think it sounds like just another farang tax dreamt up and using police assistance to enforce.. Much like the music license people claiming rights to tracks they dont actually own.

Would this not apply equally to any world cup broadcast if its Thai language or english language ?? However thats not whats been reported, its been reported that the bar was busted because it was showing english language and implies Thai language is permitted.

I suspect its just an over zealous cop, short of whisky money that night seeing english language and making assumptions that its using bent satellite, without thinking at all of the repercussions of the action for the Thai cable companies who also illegally retransmit that feed. I really find it hard to think that theres a country wide 10,000 baht fee for showing the world cup in a bar applying to Thais bars everywhere.

put all the info you want up, and yes there will be the ones who call me a scare monger,but,2 days ago,17 people arrived in vans and cars and went into bird song,in khao lak,a thai bar showing footy on astra,they were told it was illegal and taken to the tune of 50000, baht so i would not be shouting too loud if you are showing astra,when you get done i will say told you so.they came with cameras and videos blazing.