How To Stay An Extra Month

Looking for some advice on how i can stay 1 month longer.

I arrived on the 25th March on a 60 day tourist visa and extended this a further 30 days at Jomtien on approx. the 23rd May meaning my current stamp is up until the 22 June.

Anyhow im waiting to fly out to Kahzakstan which could be in the next few days or it could be another 6-8 weeks, so i need to stay here for a little longer.

Ive a child here and am named on the birth certificate so im wondering if this would sway the lovely people at immigration (thought i know it wont) to extend my stay here.

Or is it possible to get some kind of visa as ive a Thai child who is reliant on me and how much does this cost and how easily is it obtained?

Alternatively anyone know the cheapest way to fly in and out, and can i come back on the same day? Ive looked at Airasia on the 22nd and its looking to cost approx 7000bht for a return to KL.

I think you need to decide what you want to do yourself really...ie how long do you want to stay for sure so as an expert can give you good qualifying info on what you can do or where you can go.

7 days?

15 days?

30 days?

60 days?

You could try to use rule 2.24 from Police order 777/2551

2.24 In the case of an alien visiting a Thai spouse or child:

Permission will be granted for a period of not more than 60 days at a time.

(1) Proof of relationship.

(2) In the case of a spouse, their marital relationship shall be de jure (legitimate) and de facto.

:)

You should be able to get another 60 day visa in a neighboring country. Cambodia and Laos are the best bets. It all depends where you are in Thailand, but both Laos and Cambodia are possible by ground travel, no flying required. Vientianne Laos will definately give 60 day Tourist visas, and you can travel there by train or bus. You can also go to Cambodia by bus. That should be the cheapest way to travel.

Usually a visa takes two days. You turn your passport in before noon on the first day, and return to pick it up on the afternoon and the 2nd day. So you should plan for a two day hotel stay in Vientianne, Laos or Penom Penh, Cambodia. I don't know what the exact cost is, but there are relatively cheap hotels in both places which are good enough for a short stay. Clean beds and such. You will get a break, because currently Tourist visas are free of charge (to promote tourisim)by the Thai government.

You can also take the train back to Malaysia (Penang or Kuala Lumpur are reachable by train) Second class sleeper is cheaper than a first class train berth, and is acceptable for a short (1 day) journey. You can book train tickets in Bangkok, but do not wait until the last moment. To make sure you can get the ticket you want I would book it at least 30 days early. Pick a lower 2nd class bunk if available, as the upper bunks have the A/C blowing in on them...and it could be cold in the upper bunks. Food is available on the trains, but I recommend you pack something for youeself. And bring a couple of bottles of water for yourself to drink (or something else stronger if you are so inclined).

There are others on this forum who have done a visa run recently, and can give you the details of what they did. But I think either Cambodia or Laos are your best bets.

:D

Edited by IMA_FARANG

Thanks for your help.

As ive been here for the 60 days of the visa i came in on, plus about 20 days of the 30 day extension .... will i still be able to get this extra 60 day extension?

Edited by hansum

Thanks for your help.

As ive been here for the 60 days of the visa i came in on, plus about 20 days of the 30 day extension .... will i still be able to get this extra 60 day extension?

You are wanting an extension on an extension, in that case they will probaly not give a 60 day extension. But you can always try. It will be up to the individual officer you will apply to.

On show of the birth certificate naming you as the father, you will be able to get a 90 day non-O visa in a neighbouring country. if you only need an extra 30 days, leaving and flying back to Thailand will give you a permission to stay for 30 days, which you could extend with 60 days based on your child.