Baby Sitter

corkman

Hi All,

As the title alludes to - what do ya'll do when you want to go out with your missus for the night? I'm at a bit of a loss, as back in Farang-land I have always had plenty of friends and family to fill this function - however here, the mrs. family are in Isaan while we live in Bangkok........ one of the difficulties that I might perceive is that our little on (3yrs old) doesn't speak thai.......

I know alot of Farnag families have a "nanny" - but my mrs. doesn't work - she's a full time stay at home mom. paying a nanny isn't the issue, just we don't need one so there is no point ......

What are your experiences in this matter?

Many thanks in advance!

There was a similar pot in Samui forum yesterday. I posted that I asked one of the nursery teaching assistants at my sons nursery & she would come for the odd evening, usually between 8pm-2am only on a weekend for 1k baht. A big boost to her monthly salary & peace of mind for us that our 3 year old sons beloved teacher was watching over him.

Not sure if your son goes to nursery yet but if not maybe ask friends who's kids do & get them to ask around.

There was a similar pot in Samui forum yesterday. I posted that I asked one of the nursery teaching assistants at my sons nursery & she would come for the odd evening, usually between 8pm-2am only on a weekend for 1k baht. A big boost to her monthly salary & peace of mind for us that our 3 year old sons beloved teacher was watching over him.

Not sure if your son goes to nursery yet but if not maybe ask friends who's kids do & get them to ask around.

Daughter actually ..... 3yrs old...... would be easier in Samui as most people speak english (though alot of them are a bit dubious to let alone in your home with your valuable posessions, let alone your child!).

Good idea regarding asking the TA. Yes, she has just recently started school - so maybe I'll get the wife to ask her the TA in her class, and maybe get the number of a few others too...... also, I have a friend that is a teacher at another international school - I might ask them if they would enquire with their own TA(s) ...... as a back plan, should the TA from my daughters class be unavailable on any particular night.

Thanks for the input - great idea! Some would say 1k is a bit steep, but we don't go out that often and when we do we would have peace of mind ...... 1k I owuld be happy to pay.