The Pun Pun

Gonzo the Face

Happy lunch time fellow CM TV'er's.

As many of you have noticed, The Pun Pun Guest House has been added as a TV sponsor for about 6 weeks now.

First we had just our banner, then our little guy with a direction map suggesting those with interest check out our daily specials and a direction/location map. Around the first of the month we went up with a link depicting , in photo and text, our daily specials throughout the week.

To all those who have taken the time to stop by for a 'snack' and also those who have been coming by since back in the 'Franks n' Bean ' and 'Fish & Chip ' days, we [all The Pun Pun Family ] offer our sincerest thank you. ....... Oh yeah, and please keep coming by......

To all those out there who still EAT, I do not have to tell you that prices on all things have been going up and up..... To those of you out there who have some connection to operations of a restaurant, you will know that a lifetime for a menu is about 6 mos.... Well sorry to say and somewhat ashamedly, we have not reflected any price increases for our 'snacks' , for some 2 years now and unfortunately now we must revise our menu a bit. We are in the process of doing so at the present time.

If you click on our " Pun Pun " advertising banner, you will see examples of our daily specials reflecting the new coming prices. As it will probably take me a week or two to redo the full menus, and thinking it would make good and better business sense, I would like to say to all of you, who may choose to come by for a visit, that we will offer the old menu prices [and that includes the prices for the old daily specials] to any guests that come by before the new menus come out...... Knowing that some days the great spirit does not move me to a great degree, that time may be some weeks away..... So it shall be old menu prices until such time as the new menus are out.

Maybe, if you may have been intending to stop by The Pun Pun [that's the meat lovers one, on the river] , now may be a good time to give us a try.

It has not been mentioned before, but for the past 6 mos all TV'ers who have stopped by and not been ashamed to give us their TV moniker, we have been happy to give a small discount.....well maybe not happy,,,,,, but we have given the discount and will continue to do so...

Again our thanks to all out there who have come by, please continue, and hope to see more and new faces to go with the forum nics......

Maybe you would consider two of our dishes...... The Mic Plop or the Mic Barff......

Many Thanks

:):D

G

Dear Gonzo Guy....I drooled over your American dishes. Been more than 3 yrs. since I've had real meatloaf. But I have to note this. You are the only restaurant in all of Thailand that advertises RIVER AND ONIONS ! Must be quite a special !! Naka ?

Dear Gonzo Guy....I drooled over your American dishes. Been more than 3 yrs. since I've had real meatloaf. But I have to note this. You are the only restaurant in all of Thailand that advertises RIVER AND ONIONS ! Must be quite a special !! Naka ?

That's what you get being so close to the Ping.

Farang's get it the opposite to Thai's.....most restaurants with live music usually have a rendition of 'Yellow Liver'.

That's what you get being so close to the Ping.

Farang's get it the opposite to Thai's.....most restaurants with live music usually have a rendition of 'Yellow Liver'.

OH GROSS !!

On the menu, the "R" in "River" is quite clearly in italics.

So it was meant as a pun, as in Thai pronunciation.

The restaurant's name is The Pun Pun, after all.... :D

Northern Thais can't get their tongues around their r's. :) (no pun intended!)

Although an R is pronounce as an L, the reverse isn't true, so I'm solly to say that the Pun Pun's pun isn't quite light.

Does he have lice on the menu?

Edited by twofortheroad

No doubt about it, you are plobably light....

Back on topic, I will try to stop in and try the meatloaf.

I could make a pun about that, but I won't, just now....:)

Gotta keep it clean Kn McGriff, must set an example for the rest of us you know.....

psssttt ..... was it the one about "dont let your .......?

and for ginnyT ..... gotta admit it was intentional....and I can clearly remember the days when I used to say...... Yuuuuuuukkkkk meatloaf again! ! ! now its one of the best meals we offer... Some say its a real 'Mover'

...and for 24TR I know I shouldn't but.... as this is the pun pun after all .....we do not have rive music so do not offer yellow liver,,,,,, but out group does hum along 'Up the razy liver', pretty good....

Thanks for the puns guys but gotta move along now and continue looking for a double wide going away box... :D

G

Thanks for the puns guys but gotta move along now and continue looking for a double wide going away box... :)

G

Not the going away box that goes up the chimney I hope.

:D

Once a boy scout, always a boy scout.....

Remember Harry, I eat here too and I am my own best customer....I just can't help loving the food I miss so much from back home.

My motto seems to have become..... eat now exercise later....... after the nap

:D

I pay the UBC for their Gold Pkg. & thus have 2 decoder boxes.....

Am I , or am I Not permitted to have the World Cup on when customers come in??/

all this talk of raids and penalties, and seizure of equipment, and HD or No HD, can someone give me a simple answer to the question please.

G

Am I ,  or am I Not permitted to have the World Cup on when customers come in??/

all this talk of raids and penalties, and seizure of equipment, and HD or No HD,   can someone give me a simple answer to the question please.

G

Legally, no.

all this talk of raids and penalties, and seizure of equipment, and HD or No HD, can someone give me a simple answer to the question please.

G

Legally, no.

Yes you can if you have a license from RS. You may get a free license if you contact the Coca Cola or Singha Beer Distributors and talk to them. They are major sponsors for this venue.

G

Legally, no.

Yes you can if you have a license from RS. You may get a free license if you contact the Coca Cola or Singha Beer Distributors and talk to them. They are major sponsors for this venue.

If you can get a license, it will take about 3 or 4 days for them to process your application. I wonder if they still have them to hand out.

In the meantime, it would be a remote possibility of them visiting your place. They've been to the bars on Loi Kroh, but I don't know where else they've been. I imagine the big high-profile places automatically got a license from the sponsors. Your call.

Edited by twofortheroad

To Ginnyten and the others who mentioned our Meatloaf Special....... Tomorrow , Saturday is the DAY ! ! !

Ooooohhhhhhhhhhhh, Yummmmieeeeeeeeee! That looks good! Even the veggies ... ;)

That's for the next time I drop by. :)

How about your pancakes? What kinds do you have. Forgot to look the last time.

To Ginnyten and the others who mentioned our Meatloaf Special....... Tomorrow , Saturday is the DAY ! ! !

Ooooohhhhhhhhhhhh, Yummmmieeeeeeeeee! That looks good! Even the veggies ... ;)

That's for the next time I drop by. :)

The round and flat kind,,,,,,,,, and deeeelicious....

:)

The round and flat kind,,,,,,,,, and deeeelicious.... :)

Yeh, right, hmm.

Any cinnamon, apple, banana, mango, chocolate, whipping cream and/or ice cream that comes with it? Or only plain with sugar or honey, which is pretty good as well.

Yeh, right, hmm.

Any cinnamon, apple, banana, mango, chocolate, whipping cream and/or ice cream that comes with it? Or only plain with sugar or honey, which is pretty good as well.

Nienke, if there is no law against cruelty to those trying to lose weight there should be.....and both Gonzo and you deserve to be convicted.

Have to add my two cents - Pun Pun is great! Went there tonight with my family and it worked out perfect. I have a vegetarian daughter, another daughter who only wants American food and a wife who loves Thai cooking. What a treat to have everyone happy! All the dishes were quite good; they seem to be able to get both western and Thai food right. As we left, I heard another diner waxing poetic about the fish and chips. Will definitely be back.

Gotta keep it clean Kn McGriff, must set an example for the rest of us you know.....

and for ginnyT ..... gotta admit it was intentional....and I can clearly remember the days when I used to say...... Yuuuuuuukkkkk meatloaf again! ! ! now its one of the best meals we offer... Some say its a real 'Mover'

...and for 24TR I know I shouldn't but.... as this is the pun pun after all .....we do not have rive music so do not offer yellow liver,,,,,, but out group does hum along 'Up the razy liver', pretty good....

Thanks for the puns guys but gotta move along now and continue looking for a double wide going away box... :D

G

I have been tempted to POP in... yet around ur way is like hel_l for those of us with cars- nearly all of CMai except shopping centres are yak mak mak for car drivers now.

Do you have parking or a couple of spots. For the occasional stay over- as I have a house in Lamphun what are your overnight rates. Need Air Con or I die, Hot water and lots of Farang cable TV channels. What is your off season rate daily and weekly?

I cannot go through a day without waking for an American breaky, love the ones with a twist like refills on coffee- optional extras like hash browns, onions, etc. Some breakies fill u up for the whole day until late. Especially when sometimes you waking up at near midday. :lol:

Have to add my two cents - Pun Pun is great! Went there tonight with my family and it worked out perfect. I have a vegetarian daughter, another daughter who only wants American food and a wife who loves Thai cooking. What a treat to have everyone happy! All the dishes were quite good; they seem to be able to get both western and Thai food right. As we left, I heard another diner waxing poetic about the fish and chips. Will definitely be back.

Was great to meet you and your family. You should be proud, you have a very good looking family...... sorry that you were not able to bring your son, who as a teenager will no doubt the the REAL eater in the family.... Do come by for Breakfast sometime, now that you know where we are and are close enough that you can walk.

Was also shockingly suprised to fine that we have relations within a couple blocks of each other back home.... small world.

While we are speaking of closeness, let me say a thank you to another of those within walking distance who came in yesterday, new member and new CM resident , PhotoJohn..... Great conversation with both groups of new friends.....

Thank You from ThePunPun

G

I have been tempted to POP in... yet around ur way is like hel_l for those of us with cars- nearly all of CMai except shopping centres are yak mak mak for car drivers now.

Do you have parking or a couple of spots. For the occasional stay over- as I have a house in Lamphun what are your overnight rates. Need Air Con or I die, Hot water and lots of Farang cable TV channels. What is your off season rate daily and weekly?

I cannot go through a day without waking for an American breaky, love the ones with a twist like refills on coffee- optional extras like hash browns, onions, etc. Some breakies fill u up for the whole day until late. Especially when sometimes you waking up at near midday. :lol:

Good Morning jayinoz

Sorry you weren't able to stop by.... yes with a little forethought we can get 4 or 5 cars in our place.... of course for those who wish, there is street parking up and down the street right at the corner.

The Pun Pun is geared mostly to Backpackers and Trekkers, who as you may guess , are looking for and at PRICE of the room. All our rooms , save for one, are fan rooms and the nightly rate would be anywhere between 275-350 baht. we do offer discounts for longer or monthly stays, but com'on Lampun is not that far away that you would need over nite accommodations...... unless of course, you came for the "Eat Your Way Through Our Menu" program........in which case, of course, we would make you a VERY special room rate.

If and when you get the chance, please stop by and introduce yourself...

Thanks

ThePunPun

G

Edited by ThePunPun

Where is this place? i don't see any ads. Is this one of those scams from you and your friends trying to get free ad space?

The fact that you don't see any ads does not mean there are not any....... just you don't see any......

Sounds like you had a hard night and could use a good cup of coffee..... stop by this morning and I will be happy to treat you to a cup....

Look at the top of the page in the Chiang Mai Forum...... you will may see a yellow banner stating PUN PUN, give it a click.

Good Coffee too

Thanks

Gonzo

.... by the way...... The Meatloaf dinner is the Saturday special..... if you like meatloaf give it a try

Edited by ThePunPun

Yeh, right, hmm.

Nienke, if there is no law against cruelty to those trying to lose weight there should be.....and both Gonzo and you deserve to be convicted.

Hey Harry, heres some evidence to use towards making your conviction.

A couple months ago, one of the world's greatest food guru's, none other than our own Ulysses G, came into our gate in a trancelike state. Someone had mentioned a dish of Franks N Beans, with Garlic French Bread toast to him...... In a daze like state he mumbled, " I can't get the vision out of my head" .... So whats a friend to do..... We helped him on his way to nirvanna.

This morning I experienced my own trancelike state and vision...... And this one is thanks to our own " Nienke " ..... A couple days ago she asked about the type of pancakes we had..... whether apple-cinnamon, Cherry, etc...... Well this put the vision into my head of Blueberry Pancakes....

So in my trancelike state, I went on my own quest.....

The photo does not do it justice, nor does the haste I experienced in wanting to tackle , so the camera must have shook a little. The blueberries and topping make it a little pricey, but the first bite makes that thought go away..... This is the first model....... Sometime when I don't want to eat it so , I'll take a better photo.

Heres to you " Nienke "

BlueBerry Pancakes with Blueberry and Ice Cream topping. The sausages are just for balance in the food groups... The Maple Syrup.....wellllllll ..... More balance

post-108940-047118500 1277616102_thumb.j

Edited by ThePunPun

That looks like total bliss to me. :)

Will pop by soon to taste and discuss your next project: the mango pancake for me and passion fruit-yoghurt shake for Harrry ... or the other way around ... :D