Letting Fraud Ride?

Kf6vci

Hi All,

during my recent 2 weeks' visit, I personified the typical farang sucker. 1.) George fashion, South Pattaya. Ordered a lot of clothes and prepaid the whole order with my credit card. When I came to pick it up, the price per trousers went up 100 Baht. It was my last day / I was ready to leave in one hour... So I paid. But now I feel I should have walked away, contesting the charge. Or called the Tourist Police. (It must be a common way to make a few bucks).

2.) The travel agency across the Post Office charged more than the amount printed on the ticket. Not just the % for using a credit card. At the airport, the Tourist Police paid out the balance on behalf of the travel agency. Pretty cheeky - I bet ALL farangs get defrauded...

3.) I bought an antique "Omega" watch at a small store, the fist one in the corner of Central Rd / Soi Buakhao. Well, turns out its a counterfeit one. Is anyone surprised?

ARE BUSINESSES ONLY LOOKING FOR ONE-OFF DEALS?

Cheers, Chris

3.) I bought an antique "Omega" watch at a small store, the fist one in the corner of Central Rd / Soi Buakhao. Well, turns out its a counterfeit one. Is anyone surprised?

Cheers, Chris

In that case I expect so. I don't know how much you paid for the omega (care to mention it?) but they sure made ahell of a profit on that one of deal with you, and when you go home then no need to worry because plenty of more one off deals flying in. It certainly will make them more profit than selling the real thing to you, providing a good service and hoping you come back for another one considering:

1. you're a tourist and may not be back til next year if at all.

2. even if you lived here how many times are you going to buy an antique omega in your lifetime?

When it comes to spending a lot of money on a designer watch in Thailand then you have to go somewhere reputable, and for the kind of money an omega will cost you probably best flying singapore to get it anyway, I think they are a fair bit cheaper there because of the tax.

Edited by bkkmadness

I'm sick to death of molly coddled westerners moaning about this and that about Thailand.........its not bloody Europe.....its ASIA....u all wanna come have an easy ride ........get everything for cheap and bugger off home to tell everyone that you went to Thailand and your so bloody cool........i live here i know things are not the same..thats why i'm here and its a lot better here than anywhere in S.E. Asia........so if you don't like or you got ripped off its your own stooopid fault, so shut up ...go home.stay home and leave the people that don't earn buckets alone they work hard and don't have what you have..........but they have something you will never have...a SMILE

Hi All,

during my recent 2 weeks' visit, I personified the typical farang sucker. 1.) George fashion, South Pattaya. Ordered a lot of clothes and prepaid the whole order with my credit card. When I came to pick it up, the price per trousers went up 100 Baht. It was my last day / I was ready to leave in one hour... So I paid. But now I feel I should have walked away, contesting the charge. Or called the Tourist Police. (It must be a common way to make a few bucks).

2.) The travel agency across the Post Office charged more than the amount printed on the ticket. Not just the % for using a credit card. At the airport, the Tourist Police paid out the balance on behalf of the travel agency. Pretty cheeky - I bet ALL farangs get defrauded...

Cheers, Chris

on question one , it worked out another--extra£1-30-PENCE ???is this guy for real?