Iphone 4

Lammbock

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

September or October, according to this: Thailand Press Release for iPhone 4 « Using an iPhone in Thailand

Nobody really knows for sure of course. But you can bet the operators are dying to get their hands on it ASAP, both DTAC and True. I think Apple isn't stupid, they must know that the longer they delay the international release, the more gray market activity is going to go on. So if they are smart they are going to release it as soon as possible, even if there are still problems keeping up with demand in existing countries.

MBK will become available pretty much as soon as they ship in the UK, HK, Singapore, July probably. For a price. You'll have to pay some serious money in order to be one of the first...

Edited by nikster

Wow! Thanks for the News!

Visiting TrueMove.com hasn't give me any information.

I mean the IPad was pretty soon at MBK. Just 2 weeks after US Release i think.

So hopefully it will be the same with IPhone 4

Thank you very much!

When the Iphone 4 will be available at MBK would that be the unlocked version from HK or the hacked version.

I believe that the phones sold in HK has to be sim lock free, Is this correct ?

I'm interested to buy a Iphone 4 at MBK but only a original sim lock free as i had many problems with my hacked Iphone 3G from MBK.

Edited by merijn

The US rollout has already been delayed to July 14. I'm sure that will impact the availability through True or DTAC. You can wait for the grey market ones at MBK, but from personal experience I would never buy another one that is not factory unlocked.

The US rollout has already been delayed to July 14. I'm sure that will impact the availability through True or DTAC. You can wait for the grey market ones at MBK, but from personal experience I would never buy another one that is not factory unlocked.

The rollout has NOT been delayed in the US the release date stands for next week. No idea where you got that idea from. French and UK release date next week as well.

First one's to arrive in MBK will be UK and French sourced factory unlocked models. There is no way to Jailbreak/unlock the iPhone 4 US Version YET.

Edited by negreanu

Supply and demand. I pray I'm wrong but I have the strong feeling the first couple weeks the iPhone 4 lands in MBK, expect to pay more for it than a 64gb 3G iPad.  :)

...and tha would be how much?

Maybe we should wait for the IPhone 4 from True.

I heard they are kindly enough to give you factory unlocked ones, is that right?

Supply and demand. I pray I'm wrong but I have the strong feeling the first couple weeks the iPhone 4 lands in MBK, expect to pay more for it than a 64gb 3G iPad. :)

...and tha would be how much?

MBK iPad prices are rapidly going down. There are a few stores that sell the 64gb 3G for 38,000. That's the rough speculation price for when the 4 will hit the gray market here in LOS. I do hope for a lower number though. Then again, supply and demand.

Yeah, waiting it out would be best. By early August, prices won't be as crazy.

Edited by RKeith

There are a few stores that sell the 64gb 3G for 38,000.

Which one exactly? Yesterday most were asking 40000-43000THB.

Also note the Hong Kong price is now 7500HKD for the 16GB 3G which is an increase over last week. And as MBK is sourcing its iPads from there it does not make sense.

September or October, according to this: Thailand Press Release for iPhone 4 « Using an iPhone in Thailand

Nobody really knows for sure of course. But you can bet the operators are dying to get their hands on it ASAP, both DTAC and True. I think Apple isn't stupid, they must know that the longer they delay the international release, the more gray market activity is going to go on. So if they are smart they are going to release it as soon as possible, even if there are still problems keeping up with demand in existing countries.

MBK will become available pretty much as soon as they ship in the UK, HK, Singapore, July probably. For a price. You'll have to pay some serious money in order to be one of the first...

Not so sure why Apple would care about grey market phones. They made a sale either way. True and DTAC would be more likely to care as the MBK people cut them out of a profit. But why Apple would care if somebody buys one and then resells it is unclear to me. It just means that phone demand is driven up because of people in unavailable markets buying them up from the official markets. Thus ensuring there is no stock on shelves anywhere in the world.

If Apple is getting some kick back from the contracts in Thailand that would be different, but I don't think they are.

He seems to have mistaken pre-order shipping estimates to be the launch date. If you order online you can expect delivery guaranteed by July 14. If you don't you go wait in line on June 24 and take your chances that there will be stock. If the launch date were delayed heads would roll.

There are a few stores that sell the 64gb 3G for 38,000.

Which one exactly?  Yesterday most were asking 40000-43000THB.

It was the previous week. You checked yesterday? Seems like it's back up again(?). I suggest to do some bargaining though. Trajan at the iPad thread was able to get one at 38k.

I preorderd mine and its in transit, woohoo.

4725033664_283707119a.jpg

4725729257_49677d3b24_b.jpg

Have to get one more iPhone 4 for brother in law. Will have to go camp out in front of the store to get it.

Is it worth it for me to buy another one and sell it in Bangkok ? How much can I sell it for ? Is anyone really gonna pay so much for iPhone 4 in Thailand ?

Anyone interested in an iPhone 4, send me a PM, make me an offer, make it worth my while.

I will be traveling from USA to Bangkok July 1st arrive late night July 2nd.

Edited by Aswin

IPhone Junkies ;-)

I can't understand why to invest 40 k THB in a phone. At this price you'll get a nice phone plus a nice Laptop when you are up for serious working.

Clever Apple! I adore their marketing.

Hi

I dont think you can use it here in Thailand with Thai sim card

Sure you can. Unlock for IOS4 is available. True has MicroSim, don't they ?.

If you want other carriers, just cut sim card to fit, it worked for the iPad 3G. Ought to work for iPhone 4 same way.

Edited by Aswin

Hi

If you want other carriers, just cut sim card to fit, it worked for the iPad 3G. Ought to work for iPhone 4 same way.

Hi

OK sounds good then and how much you want for 32GB iphone 4 ?

Hi

Hi

Well... I don't know. Let me see... No contract 32gb iPhone 4 would cost me $699 plus 5% sales tax (if I can get it in VA). I might have to buy it in DC (if my plan a doesn't work) and their sales tax is more (6 or 7%, not sure).

I have to take my chance, get up early in the AM on launch day, drive to store, camp out in line and believe me there'll be a very long line already. I'll ofcourse have the hassle of taking it with me to Thailand getting it thru customs, meeting someone some where in Bangkok to give iPhone, etc. Sounds like too much work already.

I don't know, make me an offer.

If you have a beach house or condo on the beach somewhere in Thailand and willing to let me and family spend few days there, I'll let you have it at cost.

Edited by Aswin

Hi

Hi

Well... I don't know. Let me see... No contract 32gb iPhone would cost me $699 plus 5% sales tax (if I can get it in VA). I might have to buy it in DC (if my plan a doesn't work) and their sales tax is more (6 or 7%, not sure).

I have to take my chance, get up early in the AM on launch day, drive to store, camp out in line and believe me there'll be a very long line already. I'll ofcourse have the hassle of taking it with me to Thailand getting it thru customs, meeting someone some where in Bangkok to give iPhone, etc. Sounds like too much work already.

I don't know, make me an offer.

Hi

yes your right maybe to much work and maybe its already here when you come to Thailand and nobody will know the price yet, the guy i bought my 3G from say he will have a few soon after 24/06, he dont know the price yet but think around 36.000 thats around 1150 US i think

Lets see

IPhone Junkies ;-)

I can't understand why to invest 40 k THB in a phone. At this price you'll get a nice phone plus a nice Laptop when you are up for serious working.

Clever Apple! I adore their marketing.

Apple generates insane demand with products that are seemingly from the future. They had 600,000 pre-orders on the first day. That's not marketing.

That said, you pay 40k if you must be the first. If you can wait a month or two until they can make more you'll get it at the normal price. UK 16GB iPhone 4 is 23,000 Baht.

I wouldn't even go near a USA iPhone. It's not factory unlocked so you always have trouble ever firmware upgrade. Not worth it when you can get factory unlocked ones.

BTW, here's a list of countries authorized to sell factory unlock iPhones.

image_1_thumb1.png

Cant' see the attachment, so here's the list from somecontrast:

Australia

Belgium

Czech Republic

Greece

Hong Kong

Italy

Luxemburg

Macau

Malaysia

New Zealand

Russia

Saudi Arabia

Singapore

Slovakia

South Africa

Taiwan

Thailand

Turkey

United Arab Emirates

United Kingdom (added by me - this list seems to be rather incomplete...)

Edited by nikster

Hi

yes your right maybe to much work and maybe its already here when you come to Thailand and nobody will know the price yet, the guy i bought my 3G from say he will have a few soon after 24/06, he dont know the price yet but think around 36.000 thats around 1150 US i think

Lets see

God, I hope that's the price for the 32gb. I'll be snagging it right away. But I have the sinking feeling it'll be more. :(

Edited by RKeith

Looks like international rollout will be a quick one with iPhone 4 expected in Thailand in August/Sept time frame.

Makes sense as the grey market - moving phones from all over the world into other parts of the world - can only make supply shortages worse.

Edited by nikster

I was hoping mine would arrive a day early as well looks like I'll be waiting round all day for UPS tomorrow!!

I still have my spare UK factory unlocked iPhone 4 32gb for sale.

Hi

And how much would that be?

I have a very nice 3G that only work sometimes so will need a new soon

It's arrived!! I'll be looking for around 40k, as I mentioned before I finish my contract in the UK shortly so will be coming back to Thailand in 2 weeks so I can bring it back with me. I personally would prefer this as whoever buys the phone gets it in thier hands 100% sure with no customs 'admin' fees or running the risk of it going missing in the Thai post!!

Majority of the new iPhones seem to be plagued with antennae issues when you're touching the lower left corner of the device.

I was a bit surprised when Apple suddenly decided to sell the Bumpers when they were never into iPhone cases or shells before but now there may be something behind that decision. :(

Link with Video

Edited by RKeith