Iphone 4

Lammbock

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just for reference, here is the pricing from AIS:

Prices for the iPhone 4 handset only:

- 16GB Price 22,250 Baht (VAT included 23,807.50 Baht).

- 32GB Price 26,000 Baht (VAT included 27,820 Baht).

Prices for the iPhone 4 if you have a data package:

- 16GB Price 20,650 Baht (VAT included 22,095.50 Baht).

- 32GB Price 23,900 Baht (VAT included 25,573 Baht).

The new iPhone packages are quite good as well:

Mini: 275 baht, 150 mins free call, 100 free SMS, 20 free MMS, 20 MB free internet

Medium: 519 baht, 250 mins free call, 250 free SMS, 30 free MMS, 500 MB internet

Max: 839 baht, 500 mins free call, 300 free SMS, 50 free MMS, unlimited internet

So the question is: how long do you want to wait until the Thai carriers have adequate stock? Given the facts that you will only get an in-country warranty if you buy from a Thai dealer, the savings in price on the handset, and the competitive packages that are available only if you buy an iPhone, you might want to wait unless you just HAVE to have the latest model now.

Just for reference, here is the pricing from AIS:

Prices for the iPhone 4 handset only:

- 16GB Price 22,250 Baht (VAT included 23,807.50 Baht).

- 32GB Price 26,000 Baht (VAT included 27,820 Baht).

Prices for the iPhone 4 if you have a data package:

- 16GB Price 20,650 Baht (VAT included 22,095.50 Baht).

- 32GB Price 23,900 Baht (VAT included 25,573 Baht).

The new iPhone packages are quite good as well:

Mini: 275 baht, 150 mins free call, 100 free SMS, 20 free MMS, 20 MB free internet

Medium: 519 baht, 250 mins free call, 250 free SMS, 30 free MMS, 500 MB internet

Max: 839 baht, 500 mins free call, 300 free SMS, 50 free MMS, unlimited internet

So the question is: how long do you want to wait until the Thai carriers have adequate stock? Given the facts that you will only get an in-country warranty if you buy from a Thai dealer, the savings in price on the handset, and the competitive packages that are available only if you buy an iPhone, you might want to wait unless you just HAVE to have the latest model now.

Hi

I dont think its all about HAVE to have the latest model, it also comes down to not give a sh** about all the fuzz about AIS, Dtac, True saying now its here and then have to wait,,,,, for how long?? only God know because none of the phone companies have a clue when its coming, my gf want one from AIS and she have been in contact with them many times and they still dont know when she can get one, for me, i just bought one imported from HK, paid a little more but but <deleted> if Dtac, AIS, True dont want to sell who cares.

Hi

I dont think its all about HAVE to have the latest model, it also comes down to not give a sh** about all the fuzz about AIS, Dtac, True saying now its here and then have to wait,,,,, for how long?? only God know because none of the phone companies have a clue when its coming, my gf want one from AIS and she have been in contact with them many times and they still dont know when she can get one, for me, i just bought one imported from HK, paid a little more but but <deleted> if Dtac, AIS, True dont want to sell who cares.

I think it's not a matter of "fuzz" from the carriers or that they "don't want to sell". I'm certain they would love to sell millions of iPhones if they had them to sell. It's a matter of demand outstripping supply. This is exactly the way iPhone 4 has been introduced in other countries, including Hong Kong, where only the carriers had them at first and they didn't have enough stock to fill all the initial pre-orders. Only Apple can estimate when and how many iPhone 4s will be distributed to the carriers. Of course AIS, True, and DTAC can't tell you when they will receive more iPhone 4s for sale, because they don't know when Apple will supply them.

I was in the USA not long after iPad was introduced, attempted to buy an iPad at an Apple-owned Apple Store, there were none in stock and even they couldn't tell me when they would have stock. I guess nobody is really to blame since demand for these products seems to exceed projections for consumer demand.

Hi

I know what you mean BUT they should not promise that this date you can get it and when my gf come they start all over again and tell her well it should be here next week, that is just the Thai way and thats what keep me away from them, just so bad customer service that you can get, and that is with all of them, i had True for many years but had to change to AIS, very bad reception where i was, and this is Phuket, True told me they was working on it, after they had been "working" on it for 1 year i gave up, now thats customer service,, NOT, i wish they would tell the truth when you ask them