Iphone 4

Lammbock

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything else I've read are minor stuff that I can live with (or are just problems from a few units) but that lower left corner signal issue is the biggest deal that worries me. The fact that the Bumper can solve "a bit" or the issue makes me wonder if this is a hardware design flaw rather than something that can be resolved by software. Let's hope though it'll only be an RF weakness on AT&T's networks, but then again, most of the LOS is still on EDGE.  :annoyed:

Hmm not had any of those issues myself it seems pretty sturdy in comparision with the 3G and 3GS however I'm going to keep mine wrapped in a case.

Overall I've got to say I'm very impressed with it so far one thing would be cool would be free voice guided sat nav by google maps and a dedicated camera button.

I'll have one 16GB or one 32GB iPhone 4 going spare on Sunday evening / Monday morning. Basically I got one of each size for someone who was not sure of the size they want, knowing I can sell it at MBK if no-one else takes it.

Will be selling the 16GB at 30,000 Baht, or if it is the 32GB it will go for 36,000 Baht. (UK Model and Unlocked.)

PM me if anyone is interested. (No Offers. No TIme Wasters Please. Meeting in Bangkok on Sukhumvit somewhere public.)

Edited by scratt

Majority of the new iPhones seem to be plagued with antennae issues when you're touching the lower left corner of the device.

I was a bit surprised when Apple suddenly decided to sell the Bumpers when they were never into iPhone cases or shells before but now there may be something behind that decision.  :(

Link with Video

Yeah the antenna problem seems real - many reports. Easily fixed, get the bumpers from Apple and put it on. Or if you're putting it in a case anyway, you'll never notice this problem.

Doesn't deter me...

Will be selling the 16GB at 30,000 Baht, or if it is the 32GB it will go for 36,000 Baht. (UK Model and Unlocked.)

Awesome deal. I wish I'm in Sukhumvit and I'd gladly snag it the minute its available this Sunday. Nevertheless, PM sent.

• 2 months later...

I just got the iPhone 4 at MBK 34K 32g factory unlocked from hongkong great

Considering that a 32GB factory unlocked iPhone 4 costs 23,375 baht in Hong Kong, I can see that there is quite a bit of incentive to carry suitcase loads full of them back to BKK!

I just got the iPhone 4 at MBK 34K 32g factory unlocked from hongkong great

Considering that a 32GB factory unlocked iPhone 4 costs 23,375 baht in Hong Kong, I can see that there is quite a bit of incentive to carry suitcase loads full of them back to BKK!

yep, but the plane fare and hotel did me in :rolleyes: I love my new 4 by the way. I brought the plastic protector and I have not problems with the phone.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll have one 16GB or one 32GB iPhone 4 going spare on Sunday evening / Monday morning. Basically I got one of each size for someone who was not sure of the size they want, knowing I can sell it at MBK if no-one else takes it.

PM me if anyone is interested. (No Offers. No TIme Wasters Please. Meeting in Bangkok on Sukhumvit somewhere public.)

Wow, that's rather expensive. I just ordered a 32GB unlocked official iPhone4 from Apple in Switzerland. The price is CHF 899 or THB 27,000.

Delivery 1st week in October.

Wow, that's rather expensive. I just ordered a 32GB unlocked official iPhone4 from Apple in Switzerland. The price is CHF 899 or THB 27,000.

Delivery 1st week in October.

Yeah good luck with the sale, the official launch in Thailand is in 4 days and it's going to be cheaper than the Swiss price too.

AIS are also having a midnight iPhone 4 release party on the 23rd.

You can throw your hat in the ring Here.

And here is a blog that is keeping track of the release.

Yes, iPhone 4 will be released in Thailand on the 24th. They will be factory unlocked and carry a warranty that is valid in Thailand. The grey market ones being offered here will not have a valid Thai warranty. I'd suggest that you better drop your prices and get rid of them within the next few days.

Hi

Just saw this, think it was from MBK

Official Unlocked (HK ,Aus) Version 4.0.2

ลงโปรแกรม 150 Apps ฟรี!!ครับ

16GB (Black) = 26,500

32GB (Black) = 29,500

Shop is called A.O.B mobile

ร้าน A.O.B mobile รับปลดล็อคโทรศัพท์มือถือทุกรุ่น

What operators have micro-sim cards? Does dtac have?

I would assume they would, since they are releasing iPhone 4 this week. Maybe you could give them a call?

I know that AIS and True both have free micro sims available for existing subscribers.

Just came across a site in Thai that claims to have a leak on the prices:

16 GB - "about" 23,900

32 GB - "about" 27,900

They are saying that these prices should include VAT. As the article says, if you add VAT on top of these numbers, the resulting price number would not be "beautiful".

Guess we will know for sure in a couple of days if this leak is correct, but the numbers look about right to me.

Siam Pod

I bought my 32Gb HK model from MBK with 29,300baht. Screen protect was 400b and 300b so total cost 30k. USA version was 1000b cheaper. I got dtac micro-sim from Paragon dtac store but they didnt let me keep old number because I didnt have passport with me. So need to go there again soon.

Sorry to do a repeat posting, but just in case you are following this thread and not the other one:

------------

It's official now. I signed up last week with AIS for an invitation to buy an iPhone at launch. Just received an email confirmation stating "we are pleased to inform that a reservation is now available for you, along with a form to complete stating when I want to pick it up. Pickup is available at the midnight launch on 23 September (yawn) or at several time slots on 24, 25, and 26 September. Interestingly, there is no mention of a price, but I've signed up anyway. Only black is available, in 16 or 32GB.

Looks like time slots are filling up quickly. In the time it took me to complete this post, several became unavailable before I submitted the web form, including the midnight launch. If you received one of these invitations from AIS and you want an iPhone 4, you better get your web form in straight away!

I guess AIS relay thought that the 3g bidding will participate last Monday.

It would be a new company image + launch of IPhone 4 :rolleyes:

The govt. seems to be behind 3G this time around - what's surprising is that the government can apparently not control government-owned companies like TOT and CAT. Amazing Thailand!