Iphone 4

Lammbock

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True now has them on their website.

22k for 16 gig and 26k for 32 gig.

22,250 and 26,000 at both True and DTAC.

http://www.truemove.com/iphone/en/price.html

http://www.dtac.co.th/iphone/plan/index.html

Would be pretty good but does not include 7% VAT so it's a little bit disappointing. HK is a hair under 20k baht, the UK just over 24k for 16GB.

Don't see it anywhere on the AIS website?!

so they are only selling them in BKK. there is no date for phuket yet, you can only get your name on a list for now. or try and find a shop that can get them from BKK and are willing to sell them for the 26k + 7% (which i had no luck with so far)

Hi

Just go buy one, around 29400-29900 cheaper if you know the people in there, thats the phone shop downstairs with all the iphone signs in Big C

<deleted>

so they are only selling them in BKK. there is no date for phuket yet, you can only get your name on a list for now. or try and find a shop that can get them from BKK and are willing to sell them for the 26k + 7% (which i had no luck with so far)

Hi

Just go buy one, around 29400-29900 cheaper if you know the people in there, thats the phone shop downstairs with all the iphone signs in Big C

Hi

Thanks, will try that tomorrow!

I can probably sell off my old 3GS there at the same time.

Edited by insertcoins

<deleted>

Hi

<deleted> what??????

Since there have been tens of thousands now sold for 22,250, maybe the '<deleted>' is buying one for 29,900. I bought an iPhone 4 yesterday at the AIS event in Central Lad Phrao. They had 30 booths set up at the three day sales event, with each booth selling them at the rate of probably 10 per hour and a steady stream joining the queue. That's just AIS, and there is also DTAC and True. My bet is that many of them could well be in MBK now. I guess I can understand a markup of 7000 baht for a grey market item that has traveled from Hong Kong, but the Thai issued grey market product should sell for much less than that now.

Edited by bubba

HI

What is sold for 22.250?? i am talking about 32GB for around 29.400 a new from DTAC, AIS, True cost 27.820 so not sure where you get the 7000 from, for not waiting for hours and listen to all the bla bla bla and maybe not be able to get the phone i will be happy to pay that 1600 extra.

HI

What is sold for 22.250?? i am talking about 32GB for around 29.400 a new from DTAC, AIS, True cost 27.820 so not sure where you get the 7000 from, for not waiting for hours and listen to all the bla bla bla and maybe not be able to get the phone i will be happy to pay that 1600 extra.

Sorry I wasn't clear on that. I bought a 16GB iPhone 4 for 22,250 from AIS yesterday. The 32GB model was priced at 26,000. If you bought a package with AIS as well, the prices were lower.

There was only a short wait. I timed my entire experience from when I joined the queue to the time I walked out the door with my new phone at just over 30 minutes, and that included an agent describing the new available packages (not bad for 839 baht with 500 minutes of call time and unlimited EDGE/GPRS), payment and warranty registration, and finally un-boxing and activation of the new phone. I wouldn't qualify any of that as "blah blah blah". In fact, I was actually amazed at how organised everything was and how quickly it moved along. When I first arrived and saw more than 100 people in the queue in front of me, I seriously considered leaving.

Also keep in mind that you might pay more for a grey market Hong Kong iPhone, and then you will not have a warranty since iPhone warranties are valid only in the country of purchase. the serial number of my new iPhone 4 includes a "TH" suffix, so the country of origin is easy to determine.

Edited by bubba

HI

Its still 27.820 you forget the 7% :) , nice to hear it was not like other places where they have some bimbo (some are really nice) screaming out loud.

I did not need the data package, got one with AIS.

In Phuket be prepared to wait for (maybe) long time to get your phone, nobody will tell you when it will be available.

i got 1 year warranty on my phone, if its an easy fix i pay, if its not they send it to HK, i still think it will last a year so no problem.

BTW i can get the signal down 2 blocks to hold it the wrong way, amazing (not Thailand) Apple, still send some defect phones on the market :) but well, i bought one, waiting for iphone 5 now

Yes, I bought my last iPhone 3G in HKG. I had a problem about six months after I bought it and had to send it to HKG for warranty repair. Fortunately I have a friend there who could get it to the Apple repair centre for me, as Apple would not accept it being shipped in from Thailand. The result: Fedex charges of about 4000 baht rountrip, and a real hassle with Thai Customs when it returned. It took me a week to get it cleared through because you need some sort of license to import mpbile phones in Thailand. In the end, I convinced them that it was second-hand and being returned from repairs in HKG. Ten days, 4000 baht in Fedex and 500 baht in Customs fees later, I had my repaired iPhone back. No idea what it would have cost to repair it here out of pocket, but I'm happy that I now have an in-country warranty. Apple's policy on those is to simply provide you with a replacement if you walk in with a warranty repair.

While on the subject regarding warranty repairs: be very, very careful not to expose your iPhone to any moisture. There are several moisture detectors inside the iPhone and if any turn from blue to pink (indicating moisture), your warranty is void. In this climate, that takes a fair amount of diligence!

BTW, I am not having a "death grip" issue (signal loss) with my new iPhone 4, regardless of how I hold it. Some have speculated that this latest batch of iPhone 4s have silently been fixed for that issue with some sort of invisible coating around the metal bezel, or something like that. Just curious, HDRIDER, what are the second two digits of your iPhone serial number? That would indicate the production week. Mine is 37, which means it was born last week somewhere in China.

BTW, I am not having a "death grip" issue (signal loss) with my new iPhone 4, regardless of how I hold it. Some have speculated that this latest batch of iPhone 4s have silently been fixed for that issue with some sort of invisible coating around the metal bezel, or something like that. Just curious, HDRIDER, what are the second two digits of your iPhone serial number? That would indicate the production week. Mine is 37, which means it was born last week somewhere in China.

Yeah that was the speculation - that new, fixed units would arrive end of September, and that would co-incide with several international release dates. China got it the same time as Thailand for example, so you'd think they seriously ramped up production now. End of September is the expiration date for the "free bumper" program too.

Although honestly I think the free bumper I got from Apple is one of the few duds that the company has ever produced. I have the original Apple one that was sold for $30 (!!) initially. It's butt-ugly, I never use it even though I most certainly have the death grip issue. Every time the signal drops or disappears I realize that I was inadvertently holding it around "that spot". A flawed beauty she is.

Did you really only pay just 22,250, or did they add VAT to that (as indicated on the websites)?

Yeah that was the speculation - that new, fixed units would arrive end of September, and that would co-incide with several international release dates. China got it the same time as Thailand for example, so you'd think they seriously ramped up production now. End of September is the expiration date for the "free bumper" program too.

Although honestly I think the free bumper I got from Apple is one of the few duds that the company has ever produced. I have the original Apple one that was sold for $30 (!!) initially. It's butt-ugly, I never use it even though I most certainly have the death grip issue. Every time the signal drops or disappears I realize that I was inadvertently holding it around "that spot". A flawed beauty she is.

Did you really only pay just 22,250, or did they add VAT to that (as indicated on the websites)?

Actually, I paid 22,095.50, or 20,650 baht plus 1445.50 VAT. That lower price is for subscribing to one of the new iPhone service plans. I opted for the "Max" plan, which gives you 500 minutes, a bunch of SMS and MMS, and unlimited GPRS/EDGE for 839 baht/month. The package runs for 24 months (although you can opt out if you want), but if you keep it, months 21 - 24 are free. I thought it was a bargain, considering that I was previously paying 995 baht/month just for the unlimited EDGE. Sadly, my package will expire in 24 months and probably well before we see any possibility of 3G being added to the plan.

ok im gonna try and find an iphone 4 in the grey market now. do you guys know of any way you can tell for which country the iphone was produced? i really only want a thai iphone 4 for warranty reasons.

Just buy from one of the authorised sellers (True, AIS, Dtac) they all come with warranty. Why do you want to buy from grey market now that it is officially in Thailand? They dont have "Thai" grey market iphones, all "thai" iphones are from authorised sellers.

ok im gonna try and find an iphone 4 in the grey market now. do you guys know of any way you can tell for which country the iphone was produced? i really only want a thai iphone 4 for warranty reasons.

I think this will tell you which country the unit was meant for:

Look under Settings>General>About and then the Model. Mine is MC603TH, and I am assuming that the 'TH' probably means Thailand.

Have a look at this site:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2566454&tstart=199

Thailand is not included in that list, but I just checked my old 3G that I bought in HKG, and the last two letters in the model number are 'ZP', which matches what the above page states.

Just buy from one of the authorised sellers (True, AIS, Dtac) they all come with warranty. Why do you want to buy from grey market now that it is officially in Thailand? They dont have "Thai" grey market iphones, all "thai" iphones are from authorised sellers.

they are not sold here (phuket) yet by any of the telecom providers. called them and noone knows a date yet.

I think this will tell you which country the unit was meant for:

Look under Settings>General>About and then the Model. Mine is MC603TH, and I am assuming that the 'TH' probably means Thailand.

Have a look at this site:

http://discussions.a...6454&tstart=199

Thailand is not included in that list, but I just checked my old 3G that I bought in HKG, and the last two letters in the model number are 'ZP', which matches what the above page states.

^^^ agreed. The Thai iPhone 4 only just came out, there won't be any used units at dealers, and why would anyone resell a new one? Go to True, AIS, DTAC. Maybe you'll have to wait a week or two?

they are not sold here (phuket) yet by any of the telecom providers. called them and noone knows a date yet.

Try in BKK? Or are they sold out there?

I think the initial batch was only available by reservation/invitation from the three carriers, so they probably do not have stock available for call-ins. This is exactly the way it worked in Hong Kong, and it was more than a month before iPhone 4s began turning up for general sale at authorised retailers or the carriers.

There just might be a chance that some new Thai-issued iPhone 4s may turn up at MBK et. al. from purchasers who reserved and bought the iPhone 4 to turn a profit by selling them off to a shop. Again, have a look at the model number with a 'TH' suffix to determine that if you are offered one.

Try in BKK? Or are they sold out there?

Hi

None for sale, my gf called all of them, also was around dtac, true, ais in phuket yesterday, nobody can tell you when you can get one, and she did ask 1-2-3-4 weeks, yes maybe they told her, maybe,

But they have plenty HK models, she want one with AIS with a plan (she want to keep her number)

I was checking this out today

http://www.apple.com/asia/iphone/buy/#th

Here are a few of my questions.

• Can you tether an iphone 4 by default? (Without jailbreaking)
  • How would you compare the Edge/GRPS network from TrueMove to AIS?
  • Can you transfer your number from the AIS sim to a TrueMove sim? I called and they said you can't keep your number and change providers.
  • With AIS, maybe they will automatically include some 3G when it's available? TrueMove says "XXXmb 3G Ready" so some 3G is included.

The benefit of which company you go with is the calling plan I suppose. Also I live in the 3G range of TrueMove. Too bad they don't have that many wifi hotspots.

http://www.ais.co.th/iPhone/

AIS for 839 baht = 500 minutes, 300 sms, 50 mms, unlimited Edge/GPRS. I wonder what happens if they have the 3G network in place.

http://www.truemove.com/iphone/en/price.html

TrueMove 599 baht = 300 minutes, 300 sms, 50 mms, unlimited Edge/GPRS, unlimited wifi, unlimited 3G.

With the 3G unlimited it says it's under the fair usage policy. When I called TrueMove they didn't have a number for fair usage, they said it's just unlimited. Probably when 3G is fully intact it'll be 2-5gigs a month.

You can find TrueMove wifi spots here

http://www.truewifi.net/en/02hotspots/search.jsp

There is less than 2000 baht difference between grey and local phone, yes you can buy a phone, when they get them, as a tourist you can’t get a phone/data contract, you need someone to get the contract for you, why not read about it in the tread here