Sending Money From Usa > Thailand

schawel

I rolled out some new design/e-commerce services from my new Thonglor office which are now quite popular with people from the USA. Since I reside most of the time in Bangkok and I have employees to pay, I am looking for a solid gateway to receive payments from the USA through. I am looking for recommendations and reviews. A wire transfer is the obvious choice here but for my clients and future clients it might be a turn-off. I looked at Paypal Thailand, but the fees are quite high. Does anyone have a experience with something that works really well?

Thanks.

Most companies in Thailand have standard modes of payment. Your clients may choose the option that is most convenient for them but mostly it’s either one of the following:

1) Bank Transfer – Thailand accepts international bank transfers as well as local bank transfers. The local transfer fee for interbank is to a maximum of THB 35. International rates depends on the international bank.

2) Wire Transfer – Western Union is the most popular form of wire transfer. They provide another service called “quick pay collect” in blue form where customers pay for the service and companies receives the payment directly instead of the filling out the yellow “receive money” form. DHL and other firms also offers this kind of service. Transfer fees varies depending on the amount transferred.

3) Online payment – Paypal is just one of the options via credit card. There are other online credit card payment schemes available, one of which is Thaiepay (www.thaiepay.com). However, there are some sites that offers paymo service wherein you can use your mobile phone to make payments. Naturally, your customers will have to key in a password and pin using their mobile to access payments on the internet. The latter mode of payment however, is applicable for minimal amounts only. Best to inquire with local network providers for more information.

[sunbelt][/sunbelt]