Renewing My Retirement Visa

I have posted this Thread a Year ago and got really helpfull Answers, but it does not appear anyore in my Account - so I have to ask again

what Paperwork has to be done to renew a Retirement Visa on 800.000 Baht Scheme?

What I still remember:

1. a Letter from the Bank - at the same Day I apply for the Extension - that the 800.000 Baht are more than 3 Months on my Bankaccount

2. a Letter from the Owner of the Apartmenthouse, where I am living in

3. plenty of Copies and Cash :-)

what else?

thank you in Advance for any Help

Cheers

Cash is only 1,900 baht for the TM.7 but if you want a re-entry permit at the same time that would be extra. You may not need item two if already in your records. Copy of passport data page and applicable visa/extensions is normally all they need other than the arrival/departure card. It should be easy.

The other day I went to Chaengwathana and asked about requirement changes for extending a single individual's retirement stay. Here is what I was told:

1. Relevant pages of Passport (Photo page, Issue Page, 1st Visa, Last Visa)

2. Letter (affidavit) from Embassy stating amount and source(s) of retirement income*

3. TM7 Form

4. B1900

5. 4 cm x 5? 6? cm photos (2)

*In my case I only have to show the B65K/mo.

A letter from the bank and copies of the bank statement are no longer required.

I forgot to ask about a map, but I suspect that if there has been no address change a new map is probably not required.

The officer stated that I could extend my visa 30 days in advance of the expiration date.

To the OP.

Don't forget an updated bankbook showing the same balance as the bank letter.

The officer specifically stated that the bank book and letter from the bank are NOT required, but that might be only for extensions, and may be required for first time visa extensions.

• 2 weeks later...

I was told that I need the following to renew my retirement visa:

1) TM7 form filled and signed with pasted photo

2) Copies of passport pertinent pages (picture page, original visa page, entry date page, stamped pages, etc)

3) Bank letter showing minimum balance of 800,000 baht at least 90 days prior to renewal application

4) Copies of bank passbook pages showing up-to-date entries for the last 90 days to show balance has not dropped below 800,000 baht

5) Fee of 1900 baht payable in cash

If you have definite plans/dates for leaving and returning toThailand within the coming year, you also need a TM8 re-entry permit. Otherwise you do not need it.

In addition you do not need to have a TM47 90-day report submitted since the TM7 form accomplishes that function as well.

Have I got all this correctly?

Extension of stay only is a 90 day report when done from a 90 day visa entry. It is not a 90 day report when obtaining another extension of stay. You must make TM47 report at scheduled time unless you leave the country - and then it will be 90 days from date of return.

• 1 month later...