Live Stand Up Comedy In Pattaya Thursday 24Th June

daveb1

The Puncline comedy club is back in Pattaya on Thursday 24th June at The Tavern (formally Henry J Beans) on beach rd. If you haven’t been to any of the comedy clubs try it it’s a fantastic night out with some of the best of the UK comedy circuits stand ups. This month its Arj Barker, Rob Deering and Caimh Mc Donnell should be a great night out tickets available in advance from the Amari Orchid resort on beach rd or on the door on the night. :)

Because firstly these are top comedians from the UK circuit not just the run of the mill comics you get in a lot of American comedy clubs also they have flown over from the UK for the show so pretty obvious really it costs a lot more to put on I guess!

Edited by daveb1

I went to the first one of theses a few months back. The host was English and mildly funny and two Americans did about 30 mins each and were just okish. The biggest let down imo was the venue, the staff at the Tavern were terrible, well that is to say seriously under qualified/experienced in serving anything other than a few tables of customers and couldn't handle the amount of people there, in fact watching the staff run around aimlessly, bumping into each other and getting nigh on every order wrong was funnier than the comics. They also turned off the air-con (i guess for the comics as its hot under lights) but I was too hot and uncomfortable. The whole thing seemed very unprofessional to me, however it was the first one and they may of sorted things out by now. But once bitten twice as shy and I wont go to another until it at least changes venues.

Edited by AndyPooots

These always sound like a good night out, but my only question is why is the price higher than in San Francisco? SF price is around USD 21 or THB 650.

TheWalkingMan

Because Brits have a sense of humor and British Comedians are funny!! :lol:

In answer to Andys point about the staff i agree they were really noisy during the first one but the last two shows were great and the comics are better everytime. So give it another go Andy I think you might enjoy it more this time, It will also be nice to see what the Tavern is like not been in there yet!

This is no joke, but my friend just had to pay 50k because he got visited by 5 immig BIB and because he was a Farang that owned the business, even though he was clearly not working they told him he had to pay.

Mr B from the British Con confirmed to me that they are dragging in around 50 farangs a week at the moment on the basis that if you own a business, even if it is clear you don't work in it, they are deeming you are in some way shape or form working and making you pay.

Mr B from the British Con confirmed to me that they are dragging in around 50 farangs a week at the moment on the basis that if you own a business, even if it is clear you don't work in it, they are deeming you are in some way shape or form working and making you pay.

I'm not surprised, they are milking us for what they can get.