No More Cbr 150S!

As much as I'd love to see the VTR here, it's being built in the wrong area for it to meet the price that was relayed to you (and is inline with the Ninja 250 which is made in the right area).

What is the difference between Samut Prakarn and Rayong?

Well, as seems likely, no bigger bike from Honda on the horizon........I have decided Im going to get my CBR 400 back on the road.

Ive replaced many parts so far and was hesitant about pouring more money into it. But even if I spend another 50K it is still 100K less than buying a 250 Ninja, 200K less than a 650R Ninja.

Ok the 50K I spend I will never get back...but the depreciation on a relatively good 250 is 50K anyway so same same.

The CBR400 is a narrower bike than the kawas also so better for traffic. Much more power than the 250. Better brakes and handling.

With the extensive work Ive done so far, and with the new CBR 600 fairings Ive fitted (just finished fitting the new 600 lights) plus new high class paint job and graphics, will look like a new bike anyway.

Then I think Im going to go for a new Yamaha YZF600 later this year.

Ok, I'm going for the Kawasake Ninja 250, so who wants to by my CBR 150?

14 months old

6,445 kilometers

regular maintenance

still looks like new.

60,000 baht.

If interested, send me a PM

Hi Voice, how about resizing your mega pixel images before posting. Some of us are on slow internet connections! :annoyed:

PS: It's a tidy looking little rocket. :)

As much as I'd love to see the VTR here, it's being built in the wrong area for it to meet the price that was relayed to you (and is inline with the Ninja 250 which is made in the right area).

What is the difference between Samut Prakarn and Rayong?

I could be wrong, but isn't the Rayong the BOI's export zone and affect cost of 'import'?

Honda are stupid & they have lost the plot.

I prefer to think that Honda is a rather conservative risk averse company and probably doesn't consider Thailand a market worth investing in at the moment... Can't say I really blame them... :whistling:

I cannot fully remember the last motorcycles sales figures for Thailand, but what I can remember was that Yamaha Thailand not even sales 50% of what Honda Thailand moves on the Thai domestic market. And lets not forget the export of both companies...

Edited by Richard-BKK

Ok, I sold the CBR and now I'm looking at "options". Love the look of the Nina 250, but not crazy about the price of 15,000 baht. Yamaha also has a 250 that looks almost the same, but not available in Thailand. Today I looked at a Tiger Boxer 250. I like the looks, and the price is reasonable (76,000), but I've got some questions.

The two main reasons for getting rid of the CBR 150 were the headlights, which totally suck at night, and the "wind factor". Once you hit 110 kph the bike isn't that steady, and more than once I felt like I was going to be blown away by the wind. The design on the Ninja alleviates this, plus it's a much heavier bike as well, but I'm not sure about the Boxer 250. Later this year I'm going to be doing a lot of highway driving all around Thailand, and want/need a bike that is stable at speeds of 110+. Yeah, I could go 400cc or bigger, but don't want to go that high. 250 is fine.

So, anyone who has a Boxer 250 who can give me some insight would be welcome.

Thanks

The two main reasons for getting rid of the CBR 150 were the headlights, which totally suck at night, and the "wind factor". Once you hit 110 kph the bike isn't that steady, and more than once I felt like I was going to be blown away by the wind.

I just lowered my CBR150 (front and back) by one notch on the back spring. It feels like a totally different bike. It is absolutely glued to the road. Feels brilliant, probably the best thing I've done to it.

anyway, can pick up a 18 month+ old ninja for under the 100k mark now.

That's what I'd go for.

They have a new 250 Honda VTR250 V-Twin, much more expensive the the CBR was

Where is that dealer??

How much was the VTR?

About 15km past Bang Yai, no she did not have one in the showroom only the picture, forget price think about 140 or 150,000 baht, sorry did not take much notice after hearing the price.

This post is suspicious to me also. Actually the whole thread is. For a couple of reasons. As mentioned previously there's a plethora of CBR 150s out there. And I keep seeing more (even being pressed into duty as a work vehicle). Wether or not it can pass emissions standards is unknown (but I'd assume likely) and can be discussed by others who give a dam_n, I just don't see it dying off. I've been wrong before however.

And I'd like to echo the 'unless you have eyes on it it ain't there' sentiment of others. As much as I'd love to see the VTR here, it's being built in the wrong area for it to meet the price that was relayed to you (and is inline with the Ninja 250 which is made in the right area).

This is the address she has given me yesterday

บริษัท เอ.พี. ฮอนด้า จำกัด

เลขที่ 149 ถนนรถรางเก่า ตำบลสำโรงใต้ อำเภอพระประแดง

จังหวัดสมุทรปราการ 10130

โทร. (02) 757-6111, (02) 384-4335 โทรสาร (02) 757-6222ต่อ

No idea where that is, as I said not interested in that bike, but feel sure someone can translate it into English.

APHonda in Samutprakarn sells VTR250? Did not even know they sold to end-users... I can understand if you saw a VTR250 there, as they make them and its likely you could see them when they move one or two for testing...

Edited by Richard-BKK