Aussie In Win Shock!

AFP.

Australia shocked the sporting world by recording a cricketing victory over England in Durham today.

Scientists have put it down to the Lunar conjunction with Saturn and say that normality will soon return. :o  :D

Sport stories

Australia beats England by 57 runs

Date: 24/06/05

Australia has its swagger back thanks to an awesome performance with the ball and in the field in their 57-run win over England in the tri-series cricket match at the Riverside Ground.

Brett Lee made a brilliant return from injury and Glenn McGrath bowled beautifully as Australia won its first match of the tri-series to overtake Bangladesh on the table and put its Ashes tour back on track after four straight losses.

Chasing 267 to win, England finished on 9-209.

Allrounder Andrew Symonds also got back into his teammates' good books after serving a two-match suspension for drinking into the early hours before last Saturday's loss to Bangladesh.

Man-of-the-match Symonds top scored with 73 from 81 balls in Australia's total of 5-266, and with Damien Martyn (68 not out) put on 142 for the fourth wicket.

Lee and McGrath ensured England was never a chance of reaching the target by restricting the home side to 3-17 after 10 overs with lethal spells of accurate fast bowling.

What were you saying about the Aussie bowlers fart??? :D

AFP.

Australia shocked the sporting world by recording a cricketing victory over England in Durham today.

Scientists have put it down to the Lunar conjunction with Saturn and say that normality will soon return. :o  :D

Sport stories

Australia has its swagger back thanks to an awesome performance with the ball and in the field in their 57-run win over England in the tri-series cricket match at the Riverside Ground.

Brett Lee made a brilliant return from injury and Glenn McGrath bowled beautifully as Australia won its first match of the tri-series to overtake Bangladesh on the table and put its Ashes tour back on track after four straight losses.

Allrounder Andrew Symonds also got back into his teammates' good books after serving a two-match suspension for drinking into the early hours before last Saturday's loss to Bangladesh.

Man-of-the-match Symonds top scored with 73 from 81 balls in Australia's total of 5-266, and with Damien Martyn (68 not out) put on 142 for the fourth wicket.

Lee and McGrath ensured England was never a chance of reaching the target by restricting the home side to 3-17 after 10 overs with lethal spells of accurate fast bowling.

It was only a last wicket gutsy, record breaking piece of batting by the venerable Gough that prevented the result from being a complete slaughter.

I loved his Casper the friendly ghost impression in Shane Watsons face when he came out to bat.

[

Australia has its swagger back thanks to an awesome performance with the ball

Man-of-the-match Symonds top scored with 73 from 81

What were you saying about the Aussie bowlers fart??? :o

And the English batsman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Umm;

record breaking piece of batting by the venerable Gough that prevented the result from being a complete slaughter.

Isn't he an Australian by birth ?

Its a bit like lending your opposition players when they turn up for a game short of players.

Umm;
record breaking piece of batting by the venerable Gough that prevented the result from being a complete slaughter.

Isn't he an Australian by birth ?

Its a bit like lending your opposition players when they turn up for a game short of players.

I know what you mean Matt. You mean like 'man of the match' Andrew Symonds being an Englishman. Please check your facts before slanging.

AFP.

Sport stories

The Prof is all piss and wind :D

[

Australia has its swagger back thanks to an awesome performance with the ball

Man-of-the-match Symonds top scored with 73 from 81

And the English batsman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D They have ran out of luck, the aussies are just warming up for the ashes. I can see another whitewash for the pommies. :o

wasnt a shock to me proffart  :o

England are back in their place at last  :D

Yeh.........yer right Torn

P W L Pts

England 4 3 1 17

Australia 3 1 2 8

Bangladash 3 1 2 5

As you say; back in their rightful place. Cheers mate.

This open mouth and insert foot is very catching lately isn't it. :D

Your

wasnt a shock to me proffart  :D

P W L Pts

England 4 3 1 17

Australia 3 1 2 8

Bangladash 3 1 2 5

lamp> your back-ups Roscoe and impthechimp are strangely silent today, even profart seems to have a dose of foot in mouth disease. :o

Your

P W L Pts

England 4 3 1 17

Australia 3 1 2 8

Bangladash 3 1 2 5

lamp> your back-ups Roscoe and impthechimp are strangely silent today, even profart seems to have a dose of foot in mouth disease. :o

Profs in England, so he's probably still in bed. Don't know about the others. I did get a rude PM from an Aussie saying ' We beat the stinking Poms' funny that,it was the same Aussie asking directions to my pub on another forum. :D:D:D

Your

P W L Pts

England 4 3 1 17

Australia 3 1 2 8

Bangladash 3 1 2 5

Profs in England, so he's probably still in bed. Don't know about the others. I did get a rude PM from an Aussie saying ' We beat the stinking Poms' funny that,it was the same Aussie asking directions to my pub on another forum. :D:D:D

Did you tell him the scenic route? :D

I have had several emails from Oz today! :D

All saying the same....normal service resumed etc...... :D

Strange how silent my Ozzie friends were when the Aussie's lost to Bangladesh! :o !

And to England of course..... :D

Your

P W L Pts

England 4 3 1 17

Australia 3 1 2 8

Bangladash 3 1 2 5

Must have the hide of a rhino and a pea for a brain if he turns up after that sorta <deleted>. :D

AFP.

Sport stories

Well done back to reality!! :D nignoy

[Must have the hide of a rhino and a pea for a brain if he turns up after that sorta <deleted>. :o

I thought it quite funny. He obviously didn't know it was my pub. Newbie as well. I don't mind anyway. A lot of my customers are Australian. He'll feel at home. :D

U can give him a big lecture on how great the English cricket team is......or are u very silent on ur sporting views when ur around Aussies....hmmmmmm :D

oh yeh.....course ur not.... :D

come on the All Blacks !!!

Have a little bit of a gloat. Although the Poms have won 3? in the series, Australia one . I little bit relieved our team came together on the day. I think the worrying thing for the poms is it was an allround effort. A solid display with the bat, followed up with a stunning bowling and fielding effort.. I imagine Lee has earned himself a place in the first test side . Interesting to see if the english batsmen can handle the extra pace in the five day game :o