Marriage Agency

Neeranam

Just today my wife got a call from a 50 yr old aunt who is getting divorced. She wants to be introduced to a Farang too. Right !!! 50 yrs old and a fellow can choose a 25 yr old hottie in Bkk .... which one is he interested in ? Not rocket science.

At first I tend to agree that teaching them English might be harmless. But really it is getting their hopes up for a near impossible dream. Think about it. What they want is akin to winning the lottery. You get rich with no work and no ($2/90B) investment. Just does not happen.

What I would do is tell them that it si a long shot but if they want to try, there are three steps ...

1/ Learn English ....... 6 months to 2 years of work

2/ Read "Thailand Fever" ..... is is about Farang and Thai lady cultural differences. One page is in Thai for the lady, the identical facing page in English for the guy. Excellent book.

3/ Learn about or have someone get you into website dating services OR move to Bangkok and get a job in the Farang area.

It is really up to them, not to you.

I wish I could save the world or just a village too, but I cannot.

Life is hard and then you die.

Cheers ........

ONe thing that happened recently was a couple of women, on different occassions, tell me how beautiful my daughter was, and wait for it ..... was I available for stud :o !!! Still wondering if they were serious or not. :D

My wife was not very happy, maybe I was foolish to mention it to her, and she seemed to think that they were serious.

I live up-country in Isaan. Since I have lived in my present house, I have had many requests to find farang husbands for neighbours.

Many of these girls/women can not speak a word of English and have little or no money. Some say that if I can find a farang, they will give me 20% of the marriage dowry, which could be  up to 100,000 baht if the right guy comes along.

I would like to help these girls, and also help the foreign guy get a beautiful wife.

At the same time, I wouldn't want to cheat anyone.

Some of these girls want to form a group and for me to teach them basic English, and more importantly cultural differences. Not the typical bargirl English, but stuff to do with looking after a farang, household vocabulary etc. Then help them to find their husband. They really have a dream - to marry a farang.  Why? Well, one look at the normal Thai guy around here I live is enough to see why.

I have never seen anywhere in the world that has a higher rate of alcoholism than Isaan. They look at the few farang around her that have a nice house, family etc and are not down the pub every night. They see their friends visiting far off places that they will never see, unless marrying a rich guy. Their only way out of their farming life is to marry a "whitey". Some would do anything to fulfill this dream. :o

I know that their are marriage agencies around, and internet dating services. The women around here  can't speak English or let alone afford a computer.

Has anyone ever done this kind of business?

What do all you guys reading this think?

i'm interested in looking for a thai girl freind for a start... tell me how...

I live up-country in Isaan. Since I have lived in my present house, I have had many requests to find farang husbands for neighbours.

Many of these girls/women can not speak a word of English and have little or no money. Some say that if I can find a farang, they will give me 20% of the marriage dowry, which could be  up to 100,000 baht if the right guy comes along.

I would like to help these girls, and also help the foreign guy get a beautiful wife.

Some of these girls want to form a group and for me to teach them basic English, and more importantly cultural differences. Not the typical bargirl English, but stuff to do with looking after a farang, household vocabulary etc. Then help them to find their husband. They really have a dream - to marry a farang.   Why? Well, one look at the normal Thai guy around here I live is enough to see why.

I have never seen anywhere in the world that has a higher rate of alcoholism than Isaan. They look at the few farang around her that have a nice house, family etc and are not down the pub every night. They see their friends visiting far off places that they will never see, unless marrying a rich guy. Their only way out of their farming life is to marry a "whitey". Some would do anything to fulfill this dream. :o

I know that their are marriage agencies around, and internet dating services. The women around here  can't speak English or let alone afford a computer.

i'm interested in looking for a thai girl freind for a start... tell me how...

Post a picture and your CV and you might be surprised..........

Hi

I nderstand take about marriage agencies is a forbidden topic on TV.

Shame on you :D

Some of these girls want to form a group and for me to teach them basic English, and more importantly cultural differences. Not the typical bargirl English, but stuff to do with looking after a farang, household vocabulary etc. Then help them to find their husband. They really have a dream - to marry a farang.  Why? Well, one look at the normal Thai guy around here I live is enough to see why.

ONe thing that happened recently was a couple of women, on different occassions, tell me how beautiful my daughter was, and wait for it ..... was I available for stud :o !!! Still wondering if they were serious or not. :D

My wife was not very happy, maybe I was foolish to mention it to her, and she seemed to think that they were serious.

Ha! Ha! Now I've heard it all. Boy you must be one handsome dude! Or on the other hand it might be one very small remote village you live in!!!

Getting you to father a child is just another form of entrapment -go ahead and do it and you'll end up like the BKK politician who has to fork out 40,000 baht a month until the kid is 20 years old.

I'd start listening to your wife more and talking to the locals less coz your destined to end up in some messy situations entering into these discussions with the people.

They might be farmer peasants but they have years of smarts on you, where you think they are making pleasant conversation like in the west instead they are scheeming and planning to get your money or next best thing bring shame to your wife and her family.

PS. The next situation asked of you will be if you could take their daughters virginity and teach her about sex! Yes a great honour in your eyes maybe but its as prickly as sitting on a durian. LOL

Well as Neeranam said he has already decide what to do......good for u buddy....

My point was him not getting personally involved and let the thai themselves do it. As far as he doing good for thai people is they want to do it for them....its not like Neeranam came up with this idea....and why wud he.

Those thai girls came up with this idea and its for their own good(according to thai girls point of view). So its basically to help them to realise their dreams.

Anyways all well done at the end. Good decision Neeranam.

Cheers....!!!!

:o

i also get loads of requests, some thai guys who had attractive wives have lost them when they buggered off with a farang so they are not too happy about it.

they have big chips on their shoulders now about farang ..

every girl in town would like to get a farang and get out .

how long they would last is questionable