Rhythmbox Not Downloading Cover Art

wimpy

I'm running Linux Mint release 9 amd64. When playing a music cd or mp3 file in Rhythmbox, the cover art is never downloaded. The little icon just keeps spinning where the art should be displayed. It seems to me that it used to work in earlier versions of Mint.

Anyone else experiencing this? I wonder if it is Thailand related. I have perused the support forums, and haven't found others with this problem.

• 2 weeks later...

today for the first time on Ubuntu as it looks like the local ISP's DNS died so changed to the google DNS 8.8.8.8 and it was all back to normal.

Edited by joncl

today for the first time on Ubuntu as it looks like the local ISP's DNS died so changed to the google DNS 8.8.8.8 and it was all back to normal.

Thank you for the reply. I am using Google DNS too. No cover art though. Thought it might have something to do with my router, so I tried using my mobile connection. Same result. Rats. If I use Decibel Audio Player, it shows cover art fine. :blink:

Edited by wimpy

Are you sure you have it activated? I have it turned off in mine as I don't want it. You can click to activate it under edit>plugins.

Yes. If the plug-in is not selected, the album widow is not visible. I see the window and a spinning icon. I tried turning it off, and then back on. I have four computers, and they all are acting the same. :(

• 4 weeks later...