Geriatric News.

lovethailandlongtime

Have any of you  watched pattaya people tv lately??have you heard the new presenter???.This guy must be at least a 1000 years old,whats he doing presenting the news?

I thought this programme was improving.Now it pains me to watch..

I agree, they really should try to get someone with a bit of personality on these shows. With all that happens in Pattaya someone with a sense of humour would be good.

Have any of you  watched pattaya people tv lately??have you heard the new presenter???.This guy must be at least a 1000 years old,whats he doing presenting the news?

I agree, they really should try to get someone with a bit of personality on these shows. With all that happens in Pattaya someone with a sense of humour would be good.

If you can wait a few months, I'll be there, and will be happy to take over the show! :o (Plan on LOTS of coverage of my World Champion New England Patriots!)

Have any of you watched pattaya people tv lately

:o:D:D

Hey I was just watching the news on Pattaya people ..and reading the forum

just came across this thread...and is I type this bloke is speaking..... yes it's true he sounds like 1000 year old geriatric.....

"World Champion"...  :D  :D

totster  :o

Yes, Totster. World Champions of the only game that counts! :D

Let me guess the sport...umm....Eating,errr,maybe...um could be wanking..no,no i have it ,your the world champion penfold lookalike..

God help anybody that could be accused of looking like me! :D

BRING IT ON! All are welcome to try!  :o  (Would love to see American style football in the Olympics!)  :D

Do you realise that U.S.A are the reigning Olympic Rugby Champions. (this is the REAL game.)

BRING IT ON! All are welcome to try!  :o  (Would love to see American style football in the Olympics!)  :D

Do you realise that U.S.A are the reigning Olympic Rugby Champions. (this is the REAL game.)

Union / League / 10-a-side / Seven-a-side / Touch Rugby?

Under sevens / Colts / Adult?

Please be more definite.

Will be watching the Lions -v- All Blacks in a couple of hours.

Almost as good as AFL (Footy) (Aussie Rules)

The American game is designed for TV - a commercial break every five minutes written in to the rules.

"World Champion"...  :D  :D

totster  :D

Yes, Totster. World Champions of the only game that counts! :D

And in a competition where only American teams participate... :o

totster :D

BRING IT ON! All are welcome to try! :D (Would love to see American style football in the Olympics!) :D

Like someone else has said.... we, in thr UK play Rugby... which we play without the girly padding... your nancy American Football players wouldn't stand a chance... they might break a nail... or mess up their hair... :D

American football sucks. The rules really need changing to improve gameplay. Canadian Football rules make for a much more entertaining game (I remember one game where the team I was cheering for was down 21 points with less than 3 minutes to go. They only get ONE time-out per HALF ! They only get THREE downs to make 10 yards ! (add to that a 20 second play clock, not 30)

They came back in those last 3 minutes and won the game. In American football, up 21 points with 3 minutes to go ? Game -over, head for the parking lot. Boring.

American players with Canadian rules ? That would make for a much better game.

Still wouldn't be as good as HOCKEY though !!!!!!!

Oh yeah, Pattaya TV should get some younger presenters/reporters (but are there any in Pattaya that are under 90 ?)

Like someone else has said.... we, in thr UK play Rugby... which we play without the girly padding... your nancy American Football players wouldn't stand a chance... they might break a nail... or mess up their hair... :o

Won't hear a word against Rugby from me, guys! Great sport. I don't fully understand all of the rules, of course, but I definitely like and respect what I've seen of the game. :D

However, don't diss American football too much. Believe me, those behemoths run fast and hit hard, in a game with a lot more complexity and planning to it, from what I can see, than Rugby. Pads, yes, but check the injury lists. Broken bones and torn ligaments are a weekly occurance, I'm afraid. It really is a great game, once you develop an understanding of the strategy and tactics, and, of course, develop the patience to deal with the interuptions you've noted. :D

Of course, from my perspective, soccer, as we call it, is a game of interminable inaction, occasionally interupted by 15 second bursts of meaningful activity. :D

BRING IT ON! All are welcome to try! :D (Would love to see American style football in the Olympics!) :D

American football sucks. The rules really need changing to improve gameplay.

Actually, they tweak the rules almost every season, Kerry. They try to keep the game as exciting as possible, but remember that there are a great many fans of the game who love to watch a strong defense. The difficulty is that full appreciation of the game requires quite a high level of understanding of everything that's happening during a given play. That, in American football, is not easy. It is quite a complicated game. Oh, and, by the way, the play clock was reduced to 25 seconds years ago by one such change. :o

Canadian Football rules make for a much more entertaining game (I remember one game where the team I was cheering for was down 21 points with less than 3 minutes to go. They only get ONE time-out per HALF ! They only get THREE downs to make 10 yards ! (add to that a 20 second play clock, not 30)

They came back in those last 3 minutes and won the game. In American football, up 21 points with 3 minutes to go ? Game -over, head for the parking lot. Boring.

True, in terms of that margin. However, keep in mind that games are rarely in that state near the end. Most games are decided by 10 points or less, and that margin is frequently overcome within those last 3 minutes. Teams all have what is called a "two minute drill", during which they run plays without the huddle that so infuriates foreign observers. The team must try to make progress with plays that will maximize ground gained, while minimizing time used. It is, again, for those who understand what is going on, extremely excitiing. The Patriots, for example, have won the last two Super Bowls by 3 points each, kicking the game winning Field Goal with seconds remaining 2 years ago, and stopping the Eagles attempt to drive for a winning score with an interception of a pass in the last few seconds last year. Hardly boring! :D

American players with Canadian rules ? That would make for a much better game.

Again, it's all in what you have grown to understand and respect. The lack of defense in the Canadian game frustrates many American football fans. :D

Still wouldn't be as good as HOCKEY though !!!!!!!

A great game! Problem for me is that it's too fast to be properly covered on TV. I've always told people that I consider hockey to be the best game there is to attend. I grew up in Boston, watching and loving the Bruins. So I I'm no critic of the game of hockey! :D

Oh yeah, Pattaya TV should get some younger presenters/reporters (but are there any in Pattaya that are under 90 ?)

As I said, wait for me! I'll only be a younster of 63 when I get there, and I have some radio training. :D

I think I'll have to educate you chaps on the great game of American football when I get there! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Aw, have they got rid of that other guy, was it Dr Ian and his touring Pattaya spot. Or have they still got him and brought another drongo in. I'm back next week and must admit i like watching the channel but the presentation is..well...erm...well...lets just say they are on a learning curve shall we. And at the beginning of it. :D:o

Mr BoJ