Seven Wonders Of Thailand,

Kan Win

The Grand Palace

Bangkok's full name:-

"City of Angels, Great City of Immortals, Magnificent City of the Nine Gems, Seat of the King, City of Royal Palaces, Home of the Gods Incarnate, Erected by Visvakarman at Indra's Behest."

large.jpg

Sawadee :wai:

The Dams in Thailand

My link

Rajjaprabha Dam

Tourists who visit the Surat Thani area are stopping over on their way either to Koh Samui or to Phuket.

If you are in this area one attraction is a must to see "The Rajjaprabha Dam" (also called Chieo Lan Dam). It is

secluded and undiscovered by tourists.

The dam is located in the Khao Sok National Park, on Road 401 to Phuket off the main Route 41 going south.

Hire a long tail boat for a hour trip or so if you wish as long as the weather is good.

large.jpg

Huay Mae Khamin Waterfall

large.jpg

This place is in Kanchanaburi Province. Go to Erawan Waterfall and just passed that there is a turn off to your left to Srinakharin Dam National Park. Only 42 kms thereafter on a very rough no tarmac road you will reach it. This was my second time there, but went there on that rough road. Near on 2 hours on that road to go 42 kms. I would not advise this road. Use the other route.

See below:-

The first time, I went the long way around on an easier way, on two ferries across the Srinakarin Reservoir. Great views there as well along that way. Go during the "Rainy Season" then the Waterfall should be as full as you have see in my photo.

Should you wish to go there, take a Thai with you that knows the area and way.

Took me 4 hours there, 1 click as you saw, 4 hours back with a whole group of people. On your own it should not take you that long.

Phraya Nakhon Cave - Khao Sam Roi Yot - The Royal Pavilion

large.jpg

Took this photo last year. Had to climb up - down - up and down the mountain as an old fart of 60 years old, but it

was worth each and every step of the way. :w00t:

• 2 weeks later...

Good choices, Kan. I'd also include the Dragon temple where you climb up hundreds of stairs inside its body and into a cave. It's not far from you in Kanchanaburi...

Thank you Ian, but what are your "Seven Wonders Of Thailand" :o

and to all of you reading this, please post yours.

• 4 months later...

Hi Folks,

Looks like it was a wasted post by all accounts crying.gif hence me "bump" coffee1.gif

Any one wishing to add to this thread whistling.gif

The Colonel an Amateur Photographer

Kanchanaburi Win :wai:

Not really one of the seven wonders of Thailand, but certainly unusual and beautiful. It's a clear mountain river along the border with Burma and it's filled with fish. It more closely resembles a New Zealand trout stream than a river in Asia.

Ian_fishing_clear_water_2.jpg

The mahseer fish are quite lovely as well and they take flies just like trout.

Mahseer_blue_3.jpg

For me, one of the wonders of Thailand is to find beauty where you least expect it.

Klong Saen Saep is one of those. It runs across Asoke and parallel to Petchburi road and is one of the water taxi routes across Bangkok.

I have crossed it many times over the bridge in Asoke on my way to the MRT station. One afternoon picked up the camera and found a narrow alley that led to a walkway next to the klong. The sun was setting and added a bit of colour to the predominantly greyscale scenery. Even here there was colour where least expected..

post-45739-0-07239300-1291811770_thumb.j

post-45739-0-55021500-1291811818_thumb.j

post-45739-0-40387800-1291811952_thumb.j

post-45739-0-36314900-1291811883_thumb.j

.. and the people.

The ticket girls with their amazing ability to hang on to the speeding boat; I was waiting for the second girl to look back and get a profile shot but she never did; I took the shot anyway and captured a mirror image of the skyline on the back of her helmet by accident..

post-45739-0-45211400-1291812460_thumb.jpost-45739-0-54492400-1291812499_thumb.j

..the passengers, the quintessential Thai girl

post-45739-0-02569100-1291812543_thumb.j

and the girl on the pier, folding little decorative ribbons; unperturbed by the ebb and flow of passengers boarding

post-45739-0-02569100-1291812543_thumb.j

Wish the shots were better but perhaps it will serve to inspire someone with better skills!!

post-45739-0-71182000-1291812667_thumb.j

Not really one of the seven wonders of Thailand, but certainly unusual and beautiful. It's a clear mountain river along the border with Burma and it's filled with fish. It more closely resembles a New Zealand trout stream than a river in Asia.

<snip>

The mahseer fish are quite lovely as well and they take flies just like trout.

<snip>

Hi IanForbes,

Now that is what I call two wonders of Thailand.

Beautiful mountain river and the wonder of The Mahseer fish caught on the Fly.

Not many a fish in me river Khwae (Kwai) in Kan btw sad.gif

Thanking you :wai:

Kanchanaburi Win cool.gif

Edited by Kan Win