Size Matters: Survey To Encourage Condom Use

george

Survey to encourage condom use

BANGKOK: -- The average width of Thai men's penises is 52mm, according to an online survey.

Of the 3,225 respondents aged between 13 and 35 years in the survey conduced via the www.aidsthai.org website from December to May this year, the size most chosen was 52mm from the options of 49mm, 52mm, 53mm and 54mm.

Boys between the ages of 13 and 15 chose 49mm, Dr Somyos Kittimankhong, a senior member of the Disease Control Department, said yesterday.

The survey was aimed at finding out the most common size of penises so condoms can be produced to encourage use among teenagers.

"Loose condoms discourage use as they disrupt sexual pleasure," Somyos explained.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-06-23

Here we go again…… Ahhhhhhh… Wish they did sale foreign sizes here I feel like a sex fiend when I go to the pharmacy in the states and buy the whole shelf. At least stock larger ones in tourist areas. How many pages did we get on the tape roll thing like 9 or 14.

May have a real fact finding survey and ask the recipients (female) instead of the providers for a real input on the subject.... Why ask a 13 year old male when you could get real numbers from some of the working girls and get a unbiased, and much wider measurement.

Condoms for teens to be produced

BANGKOK (NNT) -- The Department of Disease Control is prepared to expedite studies with Mahidol University regarding the production of 45 millimeter-wide condoms to prevent the spread of sexually transmitted diseases (STD).

According to the DDC’s Aids division director MD Somyot Kittimunkong, these special condoms are for teenage boys aged 13-15 years old, after reports show that teens in the age group have started having sexual intercourse with their partners.

Since condom sizes sold in Thailand fail to accommodate teenage users, the existing condoms in the market have lead to loose condoms, which may affect their partners and cause fertility problems, MD Somyot said.

After conducting a survey, the AIDS division found that 20.45% of teenage boys ages 13-15 years old currently use condoms that are smaller than 49 millimeters in width, while 26.1% use 49 millimeter condoms. Meanwhile, 80% of Thai men are able to utilize three sizes of condoms available in the market. The three available sizes in the Thai market include 49, 52 and 56 millimeters.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2010-06-23 footer_n.gif

Here we go again…… Ahhhhhhh… Wish they did sale foreign sizes here I feel like a sex fiend when I go to the pharmacy in the states and buy the whole shelf.

Haha, I only go back once a year and have had the same experience :)

Me to i always get a 12 pack that usually lasts me a year.

One for January, one for Febuary, one for March....... :D

Here we go again…… Ahhhhhhh… Wish they did sale foreign sizes here I feel like a sex fiend when I go to the pharmacy in the states and buy the whole shelf.

man i am sorry dude.....5555555 hahahahahah have fun....

width is about an average womans wrist.

eggsactly :whistling:

Why do guys always want to feel that they are hung like a donkey when in Thailand where the women are generally petite?

All of the Thai women 9both working and otherwise) that i have discussed this with see being too big as a very negative,bad and painful thing. Before the comments come in I will pre empt them : I am always rated as an 'average' size both here and back in the UK. Thank goodness for that! I see it as a blessing especially when living and playing in Bangkok. Incidentally it was a friend a while ago that pointed out that some condoms have sizes on them. Not extra large to extra small of course but in numbers. I didnt know I guess i must have just been buying average size British manufactured condoms which always seem to fit well.

Why do guys always want to feel that they are hung like a donkey when in Thailand where the women are generally petite?

It's the internet. Everyone's hung like a donkey on the internet. :whistling:

Chang myself mate, nothing to do with the internet  :unsure:

Wait a minute! 52mm width or perimeter / circumference? 52mm width is about an average womans wrist. I'm a little confused about their measurement methods :(

They must mean 52 mm in circumference ?

In Cambodia most cheap condoms(No 1) are 49 mm. But in Thailand in 7-11 I think most are 52 mm. For me 49 mm is unpleassant but 52 mm is OK. I must be thai size. Have not had any complains about size from the women.

I havent seen the 54 mm in 7-11 in Thailand but they probably have them in some drug stores.

Edited by martin81

798 views and 19 replies. You guys are like a bunch of silly schoolboys.

Funny that...Sex, bad news and whinging seems to be the best sellers in every form of media

Seeing how your goodself took the time to reply, i assume you must be talking about the other 798 :whistling:

man i am sorry dude.....5555555 hahahahahah have fun....

Thanks ;)

But the realy funny thing is every time a buy a pack of 12 the wife buys a pack of 12 paracetomol's, and when i ask her what they're for she says, one for January one for February, one for March...... :D;)

I was once emabrrassed by my 4" dick and then I found the average width was an inch and a quarter!

Seriously, 52 mm is one hel_l of a cock width.  If it's well proportioned, that would be about 220 mm long, almost 9", and I"ll guarantee there aren't too many Thai men with one that big, or too many of any natinality for that matter.

I think I solved the math on this.

That 49, 52, 56 mm size on the package is in fact nothing to do with the opening width per say it has everything to do with the likelyhood of you actually getting to use it for it's intended purpose.

49 : sorry mate, keep it in your wallet for a rainy day

52 : not on the first date, come back when you are man enough

56 : hi handsum man

It's no wonder I buy the 56. It's been there so long now I have a round circle on the back pockets of all my pants. All this time I blamed the washing machine.

Seriously, 52 mm is one hel_l of a cock width. If it's well proportioned, that would be about 220 mm long, almost 9", and I"ll guarantee there aren't too many Thai men with one that big, or too many of any natinality for that matter.

I usually post on the Gay forum ... but I haven't noticed you there - strange since you are an expert on Thai mens endowments ;)

Go see the show in X Boys or Boys Bangkok, both in Soi Twilight, and then edit your post :shock1:

I assume that you wash them for further use.