Lamyai Farm Price?

slapout

The annual lamyai harvest is starting, with northern Thailand crop still 4 to 6 weeks from maturity. Wife said she heard on radio that current farm gate price is 30 baht/kilo. Any input appreciated. For reference/comment, sweet mango has been bring 20 baht/kilo in Fang area

The annual lamyai harvest is starting, with northern Thailand crop still 4 to 6 weeks from maturity. Wife said she heard on radio that current farm gate price is 30 baht/kilo. Any input appreciated. For reference/comment, sweet mango has been bring 20 baht/kilo in Fang area

Our Lamyai crop is very poor this year. Hows yours ? . If it is a poor Harvest then you can probably expect high prices. I suspect a lot of Lamyai orchards have been cleared to make way for rubber also.

The Sweet Mangoes interesting, I expected a very poor crop as we had high winds which seemed to decimate the flowering period, but we have a bumper crop, have to get organised and sell them next year. 40 baht a kilo, there asking at the local markets. Far too high for our local markets I suspect, a days wage will get you 4 kilo's of Mango <_<

Lamyai fruit set looks to be about 70%, not great but ok. Better than years with 50% or less. Four years ago our trees produced about 50 kilo per tree. They were 8 year old tree at that time. Will be interesting to see production this year as last 3 year not so good in quantity, strong wind at bloom, and a few problems getting spraying and irrigation done in timely manner, etc.

Family called and said some buyer wanted to contract the lamyai now (5 to 6 week early) for a pitted. They said he offered 250 baht a tree, told them I would give to people free, and or pig farmers before selling for that.

Sweet mango did bring 25 baht a kilo last week, picking is in stages to get ripened fruit, figure about 50+ kilo per tree. Tree are 10 to 15 year old.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wife was in Fang yesterday to check on lamyai. Crop looks so so?? Price quoted to her double A @ 27 baht/kilo, 19 baht/kilo for A. Still a couple weeks from picking. Do have intrest from buyers as the price seems to be holding for now.