The Malibu Show Has Moved

thaibeachlovers

back to where it was originally. However, it is no longer a restaurant. They even have a bar where the original one was.

I always thought it was a bad move, and they never seemed to have the numbers that used to watch the shows in Soi Post Office.

I also didn't think the "new" Bamboo was very successful, and I guess it had to close for lack of customers, which, I suppose, was the Malibu's good fortune, as the venue was becoming pretty run down by the time they relocated.

Now, if they can get back to having 50% ( real ) lady dancers, I might start going back there again.

I used to enjoy the Malibu in its old location. It was kind of tongue in cheek and everyone, including the performers, treated it as a bit of a laugh rather than any kind of slick show.

I thought the owner (the Tina Turner guy whose name I forget) made a big mistake in relocating to some flash-looking place. It lost all its quirky appeal. Also too many Katoeys.

Might go and check it out again now. Although that place which it used to be was all tarted-up so it still wont have all the old charm. The food used to be good there in the old days too.

Wonder if they will get that lady back who used to sit on the left of the stage and pull the string to open/close the curtains? She seemed to be a permanent fixture..

Awww... sh!t! There goes the bloody neighborhood again.

Although I must admit that some of the 'singers' at Bamboo had been the target of some pretty vitriolic comments from the Dirty Old Bastards Drinking and Reminiscing Club at the Wild Chicken across the street. Making it louder never ever made it sound better! We never did have any problems with the noise and crowds when it was the Malibu so.... welcome back!

>>Now, if they can get back to having 50% ( real ) lady dancers, I might start going back there again.

<<

I thought the whole point of it was the LBs .They could do with better looking ones though .The Tina turner thing is very tired .

>>Now, if they can get back to having 50% ( real ) lady dancers, I might start going back there again.

<<

I thought the whole point of it was the LBs .They could do with better looking ones though .The Tina turner thing is very tired .

I disagree. The best thing about Malibu was that there was about 50/50.

All ladyboy shows were all over the place, though they seem to have vanished along with the crowds, and were always pretty lame.

I've been going to the Malibu since '94, and it was always a must see for me, till now, as they seem to have only ladyboys.

<<

I've been going to the Malibu since '94, and it was always a must see for me.....

why would watching a ladyman holding a microphone and pretending to sing be a "must see"?

Took some friends there aweek ago ,now all katoeys and Tony Turner as i see it is struggling to keep a sunken boat afloat, the place is dismal with forward facing seats and NO FOOD,we were a "crowd " of 8 at 10pm when Tony came on, i feel sorry for him, ( have you seen his toyota yaris and mazda 2 .jeez, )

Edited by Rimmer
Unnesessary profanity in a personal view comment

<br />
<br />
<br />>>Now, if they can get back to having 50% ( real ) lady dancers, I might start going back there again. <br /><<<br /><br /><br />I thought the whole point of it was the LBs .They could do with better looking ones though .The Tina turner thing is very tired .<br />
<br /><br /><br />I've been going to the Malibu since '94, and it was always a must see for me.....<br />
<br /><br />why would watching a ladyman holding a microphone and pretending to sing be a "must see"?<br />
<br /><br /><br />

If you read my posts, you might see that I enjoyed the LADY dancers, not the katoeys.

The Malibu Show with Tina and Company for many years was called 'The Best Free Show in Town'

Most people loved its quirky, humorous and varied presentations including outlandish costumes and spectacular Thai themed numbers. It was a place you could take children, mothers, girlfriends,boyfriends,visitors,missionaries,.maiden aunts; in fact just about everyone found something to enjoy in its shows. It was never rude nor offensive.

The venue was dilapidated and run down but the drinks and food were well priced and cheap considering the quality of the show. It was good fun. Sanook.

As many people know and regret, it moved to a new venue near Soi 10 further north on Second Road.

Much of the old appeal was lost. Much higher prices, a smaller in your face style of show. It was good of its kind but did not have mass appeal. Empty seats were common.

Now, after the demise of the Bamboo music beer bar/lounge. Malibu is back in its redeveloped spiritual home.

Tina and the cast have moved back to the tried and tested style with lots of humour plus great dance numbers which include sweet girls and a male dancer. New numbers combined with a larger performance space allow for new routines. The sound system is now state of the art and complements the action perfectly.

The left hand side of the stage is a smokers area and the new seats and tables are much more comfortable than the old set up.

I think that Malibu is on its way back to being a 'must see' again. The show will no doubt evolve as more performers can be afforded. I feel that its going to be even better than before..

I write as a fan and happy customer I have no connection or inside knowledge,

One suggestion I would offer is that passers by often assume that its a show bar and that there will be high prices and possibly a cover charge. Put a large easy to see sign that simply says Bottled Beer from 80 baht No service/cover charges. This will increase the business. Prices are once again very reasonable.

Lets hope we will soon hear expats telling their visitors,'Its the best free show in town'.

Didnt realise that they HAD moved but then think last time I was in Patti the old Palm Villa was still running (opposite Malibu)

Sure the first time I saw the show it was back in mid 80s early 90s but was always as mentioned a good stop over for an hour or two.

Must get back for a looksee... :D