World Cup 2010 Only - General Discussion Only

bkkjames

Ok as the other thread seems to hijacked by the history hungry folk, time to start a topic to get us back on track with regards to discussing this year's world cup.

I will start. Wow, not amazed to see Italy out - will Spain make it through - how about Portugal against Brazil?

I think Brazil will send out a much changed line-up tonight.

Will be interesting to see what team Brazil do pick tonight,no Kaka and no Elano for starters they definately don't have the resources that they have had in previous World Cups.

On the other hand Portugal have to pick Ronaldo but they too do not have the menace up front without him.

As for Italy James they were struggling from game one and not surprised at all they are out,no great striker of note and the midfield apart from maybe De Rossi was toothless,a poor squad

Looking forward to seeing Spain again they are without doubt the team to beat in my opinion,ladyboy has not got up to speed yet and with Villa firing they will be hard to beat.....that midfield is just brilliant! :)

Just a point on group H,just had a good look at it and the Swiss are still in with a great chance of qualifying,and Chile have not conceded winning both games,are we to see a mega shock?

I think it will be a good finish to that group tonight maybe some twists before the group finishes.Spain could and i repeat could get knocked out also if they play like they did against the Swiss :) I doubt it though!....Interesting group.

Am hoping for a great game tonight brazil v portugal,hoping portugal to win,but brazil always seem to find that extra somthing.

Hopefully will be a really good display of attacking football. 3-2 Brazil i am guessing. Wonder what the odds are on a nil nil.

Am hoping for a great game tonight brazil v portugal,hoping portugal to win,but brazil always seem to find that extra somthing.

Hopefully will be a really good display of attacking football. 3-2 Brazil i am guessing. Wonder what the odds are on a nil nil.

nice thread for the 2010 WC.

We all hope to see a nice match but since both team are qualified ( goal difference for Portugal is massive ), I'm afraid that they will play an easy match and save energies for the next round.

I'm waiting to see a Brazil - Spain on the next round.........that would be a very interesting match with two of the best ( if not the best two ) teams in the world.

We all hope to see a nice match but since both team are qualified ( goal difference for Portugal is massive ), I'm afraid that they will play an easy match and save energies for the next round.

I'm waiting to see a Brazil - Spain on the next round.........that would be a very interesting match with two of the best ( if not the best two ) teams in the world.

On paper that appears true mate, but Spain hasn't looked like World beaters yet. 

Besides today fixtures, what is your opinion for South America vs Asia matches on round of 16?<br><br>Both Asian teams have been playing attractive football with a solid defense ( except the match with Argentina ) and all players keep running till the last second with full energy. Nevertheless, I think the south <br>american players experience will give them an extra on this matches.<br><br>I will go with Uruguay and Japan. <br>

All the best games are on tonight and I'm stuck on a bloody plane. :(

Back to scrounging beers off the scammers tomorrow though.....Spain to win by a hatful.....Villa hat-trick....Ronaldo to come to life against the Brazilians....too close to call but goals galore is a possibility.

One final thing....is Iniesta fit again....I'm all out of transfers!!

yeah think you're right, brasil and portugal probably won't be going too hel_l for leather.

Back to scrounging beers off the scammers tomorrow though.....Spain to win by a hatful.....Villa hat-trick....Ronaldo to come to life against the Brazilians....too close to call but goals galore is a possibility.

One final thing....is Iniesta fit again....I'm all out of transfers!!

Iniesta is doubtful.

Don't expect lots of goals in the Portugal Brazil game, if you take away that North Korea match then Portugal games are generally very tight they have one of the meanest defences and toothless attacks around.

Besides today fixtures, what is your opinion for South America vs Asia matches on round of 16?<br><br>Both Asian teams have been playing attractive football with a solid defense ( except the match with Argentina ) and all players keep running till the last second with full energy. Nevertheless, I think the south <br>american players experience will give them an extra on this matches.<br><br>I will go with Uruguay and Japan. <br>

I've been impressed by Uruguay and they should beat the Koreans, which would mean a quarter against USA or Ghana which again they should win and then a semi against probably Argentina which will be a hard fought local derby that could go either way.

I think Japan looked great against Denmark and up against the pretty negative Paraguay with a lazy Santa Cruz up front I think the Japanese have a good chance to go through, Honda up front for Japan looks a top player.

good point,they may just take it easy and try out other players,brazil probably too classy for the gese.

I've been impressed by Uruguay and they should beat the Koreans, which would mean a quarter against USA or Ghana which again they should win and then a semi against probably Argentina which will be a hard fought local derby that could go either way.

I think Japan looked great against Denmark and up against the pretty negative Paraguay with a lazy Santa Cruz up front I think the Japanese have a good chance to go through, Honda up front for Japan looks a top player.

Japan were very exciting to watch against the danes.Who does honda play for,club wise?I can see him being targeted for europe or premier club next season.

Japan were very exciting to watch against the danes.Who does honda play for,club wise?I can see him being targeted for europe or premier club next season.

Honda plays for CSKA Moscow, he has been playing for this team since last December.

Previously he played for VVV-Venlo in netherland.

Argentina and Uruguay can only meet at the final.

I agree with you and see Uruguay going thru till the semi final and then losing against Netherlands.

Honda plays for CSKA Moscow, he has been playing for this team since last December.

Previously he played for VVV-Venlo in netherland.

an exciting player to watch,thanks for info.

Argentina and Uruguay can only meet at the final.

I agree with you and see Uruguay going thru till the semi final and then losing against Netherlands.

Sorry my mistake.

The Dutch look a much better team with Elia and Robben on either wing instead of Van der Vaart and Kuyt, some of the inter play between Sneijder and Robben was fantastic when he came on last night.

price to pay of the global traveller.

Don't I know it SBC...at kleast I will be able to take the piss out of a few members on Sunday evening..... :D

What a pile of shit.

They spent the first half trying to get each other sent off. Then second half it looks like they came to an agreement not to get any more bookings and just play out a draw, the two of them literally stopped playing especially the last ten minutes.

Considering the amount of talent on the pitch the most disappointing game of the world cup.

whilst im on the subject of the jap team, is there a specific reason why the players, sport the moodiest barnets,

ie blonde_ginger mullets, i

ve noticed ths in previous comps, or have they just not got a scooby about barbers.

they look like frustrated sweaty sock pikeys:huh:

you would have made a packet in hindsight.pretty boring to watch but thought portugal at least gave it a go for top spot.

S.Korea is going home altough they have played better than Uruguay. The Koreans have missed few good oportunities while L.Suarez have shown why he did score 35 goals this season in the Eredivise...fanstastic goal the second one.

Uruguay midfield and defense are starting to show a bit of tiredness as they have not been as solid as in previous matches. Anyway, congratulations to Uruguay