Emergency Extension Based On The Birth Of My Children?

My work permit is expiring at the end of the month and will not be renewed.

I just became a father of twins 18 days ago. They were born 8 weeks premature and are a handful. One twin I have taken home from the hospital. The other is still at Chulalongkorn and will probably be there for another 2 weeks. I simply can not leave the country right now. My wife is incapable of taking care of our newly arrived child by herself, let alone making a daily trek to the hospital to deliver breast milk and other supplies.

Even as it is, with both of us, we are having trouble coping. I was expecting to get a new work permit as so was entirely unprepared for this event. I do not have 400,000 baht in the bank. 

I have heard that a sympathetic immigration agent can give me a 60 day emergency extension due to the birth of the children, but I have been unable to confirm this. Does anyone know how I could go about requesting this? My expiring work permit is through the One Stop service center at Sam Yan. 

If I can get an emergency 60 day extension then this will give me time to put the 400,000 in the bank and get an extension based on marriage in a few months time.  Can anyone suggest the best way to find out if this sequence of events is possible, and can I get this from the One Stop Center or do I need to go to Chaeng Wattana? What documents would I need to present to get an emergency extension of stay?

From the Police Order.

2.24 In the case of an alien

visiting a Thai spouse or child:

Permission

will be granted for a period of not more than 60 days at a time

(1) Proof of relationship.

(2) In the case of a spouse, their marital relationship shall be de

jure (legitimate) and de facto.

Apply at Chaeng Wattana.

Copy and original of Marriage Certificate.

Kids birth certificate with your name on it as the Father will help but the Marriage Certificate should be enough.

Passport size photo and 1,900 Baht fee.

That will you give you the required 2 months to season the 400,000 Baht in the bank.

This all assumes that your Wife is Thai. :whistling:

Edited by Lite Beer

Go for a 60 days extension based on 'visit Thai wife'. No financial requirements.

But you still need all other required documents as for a usual extension based on 'Thai wife' and your wife will have to come with you to Immigration when you apply.

opalhort