Marmite

BambinA

:D my Brit so-called BF, he loves marmite loads..well i just wanna try..but im worry alil..he said..it has only LOVE and HATE no GREY area!!

i worry that i will thrown up.. :o

well , anyway..life is short, so its worth to try eventhough it make me sick (or maybe i fall in love wit it)..

How can i find it, maybe Villa supermarket or Marketplace?

Bambi :D

:D my  Brit so-called BF,  he  loves  marmite loads..well i just wanna  try..but im worry alil..he said..it has  only  LOVE and HATE  no GREY area!!

well , anyway..life is short, so its worth to try eventhough it make  me sick (or maybe i fall in love wit it)..

How can  i find  it,  maybe  Villa supermarket or Marketplace?

Marmite is the cheap British version of the Australian sandwich spread Vegemite.

Personally i cannot stand marmite and can remember as a kid nearly throwing up when i tried a sandwich with marmite. Thought it was vegemite.

Maybe you will like it but personally i would advise just having vegemite. Good for you too.

Aussies have beaten the British at cricket and rugby and ..... and so we beat them with vegemite.

Hope this helps

:D my  Brit so-called BF,  he  loves  marmite loads..well i just wanna  try..but im worry alil..he said..it has  only  LOVE and HATE  no GREY area!!

well , anyway..life is short, so its worth to try eventhough it make  me sick (or maybe i fall in love wit it)..

Marmite is the cheap British version of the Australian sandwich spread Vegemite.

Personally i cannot stand marmite and can remember as a kid nearly throwing up when i tried a sandwich with marmite. Thought it was vegemite.

Maybe you will like it but personally i would advise just having vegemite. Good for you too.

Aussies have beaten the British at cricket and rugby and ..... and so we beat them with vegemite.

Hope this helps

I fear you are misinformed.

Vegemite is a by-product of the marmite manufacturing process.

The barrel scrapings from marmite are combined with fresh yeast to produce vegemite. This originally started as a way to feed convict trash being shipped to Australia. Prime quality marmite could obviously not be given to such people, so vegemite was produced en-masse.

The sickness you experience is your bodys' reaction to the higher quality of marmite - after years of abusing vegemite, your body cannot stand such a high quality product. It is a common-reaction & there are other people out there like you - given time, your body can adjust to qualtiy - go to www.change4betternow.com for more info.

Pedro

• Haha 1

Bambi

Just spread it thin to start with. Also - try it on toast with scrambled eggs on top.

Pedro (marmite lover)

Bambi

Just spread it thin to start with. Also - try it on toast with scrambled eggs on top.

Pedro (marmite lover)

thanks ka Khun Pedro

my brit so-called BF said the taste is a lil salty and bitter..he told me about vergimite too..(if i can't find marmite)

well, i will try my best ..maybe start with really thin layer of marmite (if i can find in bangkok)

Bambi :o

Edited by BambinA

Bambi

Pedro (marmite lover)

thanks ka Khun Pedro

my brit so-called BF said the taste is a lil salty and bitter..he told me about vergimite too..(if i can't find marmite)

well, i will try my best ..maybe start with really thin layer of marmite (if i can find in bangkok)

Bambi :o

Try Vegemite first,

then Marmite :D .

I'm sure you will then become a happy little Vegemite, just like 20 million Aussies. :D

As a completely unbiased :o consumer of both Marmite and Vegemite (only when I was desperate), I'd like to bring a few facts to the discussion. This is from ABC Australia: ( http://www.abc.net.au/queensland/stories/s515779.htm )

Vegemite vs Marmite

Presenter: Chris Welsh

Researcher: highlight

Wednesday, 27 March  2002

Marmite vs Vegemite

The tastebud challenge!

For many Aussies Vegemite is the real thing, the original sandwich spread, but it may come as a surprise to find out that it wasn't the first.

Marmite is this year celebrating its 100th birthday making it the original sandwich spread.

So, Marmite was first, is best and always will be. :Dmarmite11qn.gif

Marmite, the perfect product.

Marmite is a yeast extract that is a by product of brewing beer.

Did you know that Burton-on-Trent Breweries actually pay the Marmite company to collect it from their vats?

After it is collected and bottled, it is then sold to the public. Brilliant! They get paid twice and they don't even have to make it.

I like Marmite and vegemite. Marmite is stronger and is a bit more salty.

Marmite is British owned. Vegemite is owned by Kraft which used to be an American company.

Yup! You Aussies have to thank the Yanks for your vegemite!

Edited by Sir Burr

Did you know that Burton-on-Trent Breweries actually pay the Marmite company to collect it from their vats?

After it is collected and bottled, it is then sold to the public. Brilliant! They get paid twice and they don't even have to make it.

Marmite is British owned. Vegemite is owned by Kraft which used to be an American company.

Vegamite was actually invented accidently by a local working for the Australian group 'Men at Work'

When they wrote the song 'Down Under', they put 'Marmite' in the words, but the tea boy upset a cup of coffee on the script. Realising what he had done, the Abo, who could not read or write, inserted a couple of letters into it. Nobody realised until after the song had been released, so to save face, the Australian Prime Minister called a cabinet meeting and Vegamite was launched. It was quite easy really, all they did was water down Marmite and change the labels. :o

Vegamite was actually invented accidently by a local working for the Australian group 'Men at Work'

When they wrote the song 'Down Under', they put 'Marmite' in the words, but the tea boy upset a cup of coffee on the script. Realising what he had done, the Abo, who could not read or write, inserted a couple of letters into it. Nobody realised until after the song had been released, so to save face, the Australian Prime Minister called a cabinet meeting and Vegamite was launched. It was quite easy really, all they did was water down Marmite and change the labels. :D

oh, that how it works, you sound like pretty experienced with watering dow labels lampie .... :o

ehhhhhhhhhhhh.........( :D screaming sound)...............sound like the WAR between Marmite VS Vergimite

well.... i hve decided to try both...(if i can find in TH)

i will tell you guys about the result later then...which one i like , or which one make me thrown up (maybe both) :D

Bambinite (will eat Mmite and Vmite) :o

Edited by BambinA

I love marmite but I also love vegemite.

Why do you all think of them as being competitors.

They are two different items.

The virtues of marmite were demonstrated by Mr Anthony J C Kerr

He cycled across the sahara and lived off marmite.

When they wrote the song 'Down Under', they put 'Marmite' in the words, but the tea boy upset a cup of coffee on the script. Realising what he had done, the Abo, who could not read or write, inserted a couple of letters into it. Nobody realised until after the song had been released, so to save face, the Australian Prime Minister called a cabinet meeting and Vegamite was launched. It was quite easy really, all they did was water down Marmite and change the labels. :D

Oh dear..............................I've just sold a jar of Vegamite to an English girl, when we have loads of Marmite in stock now. :o

OK...news.. I just bought a bottle of MARMITE , (from Sanitarium Aus .) its the only one that sell in Villa Supermarket

I dont eat it yet ..still full from lunch :D

Bambi

PS..actaully i just wanna try the original one.. from UK ...better than nothing.. :o

Hope this helps

I am afraid you cant believe this poster as he is talking out of his bum :D Just wondering fella who are the rugby world champions? And who is going to be taking the ashes home? And whos boxer got beaten just a couple of weeks ago?

Added to the fact you cant trust anything an aussie says to you because they are all the crims we sent from the uk many years ago :D Only joking fella dont take offence just a bit of fun

Anyway to get back on topic people say that you either love or hate marmite but this is simply just not true, i like OCASSIONALY a thin coat of it on my toast or in a sandwich but i cant eat too much

OK...news..  I just  bought  a bottle of  MARMITE ,  (from Sanitarium Aus .)  its  the  only one  that sell in Villa Supermarket

Bambi 

PS..actaully i just wanna  try the  original one.. from  UK ...better than nothing.. :o

well, i ate it already .. Toast+butter+Marmite+Cheese+Salami

Taste = salty

Odor = i dont know how to explain, but it look like sometihng i used to eat but i dont remember

....about MARMITE for me, i think it has Grey area...maybe i just newby..if i eat it more or make better sandwich, i might love it

Bamby :D

Hope this helps

I fear you are misinformed.

Vegemite is a by-product of the marmite manufacturing process.

The barrel scrapings from marmite are combined with fresh yeast to produce vegemite. This originally started as a way to feed convict trash being shipped to Australia. Prime quality marmite could obviously not be given to such people, so vegemite was produced en-masse.

The sickness you experience is your bodys' reaction to the higher quality of marmite - after years of abusing vegemite, your body cannot stand such a high quality product. It is a common-reaction & there are other people out there like you - given time, your body can adjust to qualtiy - go to www.change4betternow.com for more info.

Pedro

:D:D:D nice one pedro

Try them both Bambi... and form your own decisions... the war between the Vegemite vs Marmite lovers has been around for ages and will probably only ever be won if one of two products is discontinued. Just a little word of advice... don't spread it on too thickly, as just a scrape is probably enough for an unseasoned palate such as yours.

:o

My missus (Thai) enjoys Vegemite and cheese sandwiches from time to time... she was curious as to why I enjoyed them so much as an in-between-meals snack.

Now whenever I want one, she'll make one for herself as well.

:D

OK...news..  I just  bought  a bottle of  MARMITE ,  (from Sanitarium Aus .)  its  the  only one  that sell in Villa Supermarket

Bambi 

PS..actaully i just wanna  try the   original one.. from  UK ...better than nothing.. :o

well, i ate it already .. Toast+butter+Marmite+Cheese+Salami

Taste = salty

Odor = i dont know how to explain, but it look like sometihng i used to eat but i dont remember

....about MARMITE for me, i think it has Grey area...maybe i just newby..if i eat it more or make better sandwich, i might love it

Bamby :D

Bambi, try it without the salami. Although there are many weird and wonderfull recipes and combinations for marmite and vegemite ,the most common way of eating it is on toast with butter or in a cheese sandwitch.

Another favourite of mine is thinly spread on hot buttered toast, followed by a slice of cheese, topped off with a fried egg with some bacon and sliced tomatoes on the side... arroy mak mak!

:o

• Like 1

Try them both Bambi... and form your own decisions... the war between the Vegemite vs Marmite lovers has been around for ages

marmite.gif

Khun Jai Dee

This is the one i got ka (the only one i found at Villa supermarket) ..anyhow its ok for give me an idea about marmite

( on the bottle label as Aussie product..when i cheak it said as Marmite is New Zealand’s original yeast spread ..etc)

= = = = = == = = == =

Khun COBBER ,

well i will try without salami then...i need to brave hehehe.. :o

Thanks for all comments Ka

Bambi

Edited by BambinA