Non-immigarnt O Visa

Has the recent crackdown and attendant hoo-ha effected the Thai Embassy’s in SE Asia as to the granting of Non-immigrant “O” visas?

I got my last one in Singapore without any trouble but if there is a cheaper, dependable alternative I would be interested.

Has the recent crackdown and attendant hoo-ha effected the Thai Embassy’s in SE Asia as to the granting of Non-immigrant “O” visas?

I got my last one in Singapore without any trouble but if there is a cheaper, dependable alternative I would be interested.

What are the grounds for your O visa...retirement or marriage or some other reason?

Highly advise using a Consulate for visas.  This is their reason for being.  In the area that would be Penang or Kota Baru.

A little confusing because I just read in Thaivisa: "You will propably NOT get a Multiple entry visa in neighboring countries, your best chance of getting it is in your home country before you arrive in Thailand."

1. lopburi3, it means that some consulates in neighboring countries actually accept to give this Multiple-entry Non Immigrant visa? (we are not talking about the 90 days extensions, right?)

2. On another thread I wrote: Because of some investments, I have a friend who will have some problems showing 200,000 Baht next month.

lopburi3, you answered my questions on the other thread, but if this guy starts asking for a Multiple-entry, the consulate won't be too difficult because he wants to stay in Thailand now with a Multiple-entry visa instead of his usual one-year extension?

Thank you.

:D

Just got my 1 Year Non-Immigrant "O" visa (Multiple Entry) based on Marriage in Singapore.

- Went there 9.30, out by 9.45

- Needed 10 minutes to fill up the form, as the one on the web site, http://www.thaiembsingapore.org, is not very clear when you print it

- Went back the next day 14.15, out by 14.20

- Staff was efficient, and smile back when you say thank you.

- If I knew the process was so simple, I would have done it years ago

They could still improve their service, by having a VISA FAQ document to post or distribute at the visa section. I'm sure the staff must be asked, again and again, the same questions. Should also replace the online application form (http://www.thaiembsingapore.org/401WS06_Other%20Medias/application.pdf), not with a scan version.

Next objective ... in three years time. :o

Peder, if you had your Non-imm "O" visa based on Marriage ... can't you get a one year extention directly in Thailand ?

1. lopburi3, it means that some consulates in neighboring countries actually accept to give this Multiple-entry Non Immigrant visa? (we are not talking about the 90 days extensions, right?)
AFAIK they will provide multi entry visa with proper marriage paperwork (marriage certificate, proof of marriage such as copy her ID card/letter from her). A multi entry class O requires exit every 90 days or less. You never get visa extensions from a Consulate.
lopburi3, you answered my questions on the other thread, but if this guy starts asking for a Multiple-entry, the consulate won't be too difficult because he wants to stay in Thailand now with a Multiple-entry visa instead of his usual one-year extension?

People are human so it is hard to say. But it should not be a problem. Just answer questions asked, if any.

2. On another thread I wrote: Because of some investments, I have a friend who will have some problems showing 200,000 Baht next month

Without the 200,000 baht or a combination of income and bankings, your friend will have a real problem . This presumes that he is legally married to a Thai. Could he borrow the money long enough to satisfy authorities ? With all the requirements as outlined by Lopburi, no married couple should have a problem getting a multiple entry 0 visa. If he can't make the required fiances, he can simply border hop each 90 days after obtaining a multi visa.

I am considering traveling by air to Hat Yai and then by bus/taxi to Penang or Kota Baru for my visa run, hoping to obtain a multi-entry Non-immigrant “O” visa (marriage). I have been to Penang before but not by that route and I have never been to Kota Baru.

Problem is 2 days National Holiday (Malaysia) next week so may have to also consider Vientiane, Phnom Penh, Ho Chi Min City, Hanoi or Yangon none of which I have visited before. Any tips/info from recent travelers would be much appreciated

Haven't traveled recently but if you fly to Hat Yai the logical place to obtain visa would be Penang. It would be a long haul to Kota Baru. Airport taxi are willing to take you to border and believe you can get share taxi on Malaysia side to Penang but have never done it. Believe most would taxi/van into Hat Yai and either get a share taxi in front of King's Hotel or one of the vans (which I don't much care for). Am not sure you save that much anymore flying to Hat Yai rather than direct to Penang as believe Thai increased the domestic market price.

Guest IT Manager
I am considering traveling by air to Hat Yai and then by bus/taxi to Penang or Kota Baru for my visa run, hoping to obtain a multi-entry Non-immigrant “O” visa (marriage). I have been to Penang before but not by that route and I have never been to Kota Baru.

Problem is 2 days National Holiday (Malaysia) next week so may have to also consider Vientiane, Phnom Penh, Ho Chi Min City, Hanoi or Yangon none of which I have visited before. Any tips/info from recent travelers would be much appreciated

My Webpage may have some information of use to you.