Anyone Know A Decent Band Fot Ma Wedding?

Jockstar

Ok guys the title of this thread says it all. I need a decent band in CM to do my wedding in October. Will be up in CM at the end of July. So i need to be able to see them play. Have to sort this out then. Any suggestions welcome of where to go to see a decent band and also a reasonable cost. If we can agree a place that has a good band then maybe we can combine it with another CM pissup? Must be able to play good farang music and also some Thai. For the Thai guests. :o

Jackr

chuchok. I expect a few recomendations. Also i expect you at the wedding if ya can make it? :D:D

Edited by Jockstar

I can't wait mate. :o

i personally know of bugger all bands up here.I will ask around a few non TV members that are in the know alot more than me.

I'm sure that jackr will have a better idea.he seems to have quite a handle on all the nightspots here,infact he helped me get a huge hangover on friday night. :D

...says the one who was pouring neat Pipers down me neck :D:o

check out this search mate

Don't know where you could hire one but the best bet is when you come over, we'll take you around a few places and speak to the bands.

There's a couple in the centre of town (Thapae road and Ramwiti near Rasta Cafe) but they could be resident bands but possibly the best to ask. Riverside and Good View are huge restaurants on the river and have excellent bands. Good for a night out but you'd pay and arm and a leg to hire them I expect.

I'll be at the wedding mate. Where you havin' it?

...says the one who was pouring neat Pipers down me neck :D  :o

check out this search mate

Don't know where you could hire one but the best bet is when you come over, we'll take you around a few places and speak to the bands.

There's a couple in the centre of town (Thapae road and Ramwiti near Rasta Cafe) but they could be resident bands but possibly the best to ask. Riverside and Good View are huge restaurants on the river and have excellent bands. Good for a night out but you'd pay and arm and a leg to hire them I expect.

I'll be at the wedding mate. Where you havin' it?

The Mae Ping Hotel mate. Will keep you informed of exactly when we'll be up. Perfect excuse for a pub crawl. :D:D

jockstar, I've been to a wedding at the Mae Ping last year.Great venue, they really turn on a first class bash.

as I said on PM there is one guy that I will ask tomorrow.I'm sure that there are a few of the locals that can come up with some names as well.(meadish,p1p etc)

Oh yeah, if it wasn't for jackr, I would have spent friday night at home quietly sipping on me pimms and lemonade watching the Sound of Music on DVD. :o

One band that I have been quite fond of is the band at Palad Tawanron (yeah, can't really spell) Restaurant. If you don't know, it's the one up the hill at the back of the zoo - use Suthep Road to approach. They play a good mix of American music -acoustic- including Neil Young, John Denver, bluegrass, folk, etc. Not much really current music, but the American music that seems most popular with the older (as in not teenage) Thai's. They also play Thai music. Seems that everyone, both farang and Thai, appreciate their skills.

Like I said, they are the house band, so it might be hard to hire them away for the evening, but you might give it a shot.

I don't really get out to many other venues, so this is the only real help I can give.

Congratulations on the coming wedding and good luck with finding the band,

t

Edit: I am aware that American music is not the only farang music and I did not mean to imply anything in suggesting this band or their style music, just trying to give a fair assessment of what they play.

Edited by thenewguy

One band that I have been quite fond of is the band at Palad Tawanron (yeah, can't really spell) Restaurant.  If you don't know, it's the one up the hill at the back of the zoo - use Suthep Road to approach.  They play a good mix of American music -acoustic- including Neil Young, John Denver, bluegrass, folk, etc.  Not much really current music, but the American music that seems most popular with the older (as in not teenage) Thai's.  They also play Thai music.  Seems that everyone, both farang and Thai, appreciate their skills.

Like I said, they are the house band, so it might be hard to hire them away for the evening, but you might give it a shot.

I don't really get out to many other venues, so this is the only real help I can give.

Congratulations on the coming wedding and good luck with finding the band,

t

Edit:  I am aware that American music is not the only farang music and I did not mean to imply anything in suggesting this band or their style music, just trying to give a fair assessment of what they play.

No stress mate. Are you up for a pub crawl when it happens?

Oh yeah, if it wasn't for jackr, I would have spent friday night at home quietly sipping on me pimms and lemonade watching the Sound of Music on DVD. :D

HeII, I wish I was supping the ole Pimms & Lemonade on Friday mate...still got a muddy head three days on. :o:D

Ok guys the title of this thread says it all. I need a decent band in CM to do my wedding in October. Will be up in CM at the end of July. So i need to be able to see them play. Have to sort this out then. Any suggestions welcome of where to go to see a decent band and also a reasonable cost. If we can agree a place that has a good band then maybe we can combine it with another CM pissup? Must be able to play good farang music and also some Thai. For the Thai guests. :o

Jackr

chuchok. I expect a few recomendations. Also i expect you at the wedding if ya can make it? :D  :D

What type of music did you want Jock? rock, r & b, jazz ,pop , might know a couple of prospects ,depending on what day of week .

They got a couple bands that play at the Ping Resteraunt (South CM on the river) The group that plays 1st ...'till 7 pm I think does English songs. They cruze the table and seranade kind of. Be sure the woman with them sings for you.you wont believe her voice and talent......she sings Thai , English, Greek, Arab and other international stuff too. (She is Thai I do believe) Just to hear her sing is worth the trip.

Hope this helps

Oh and they ARE available for other gigs

No luck so far, but there is ment to be a very good Philipino band in town looking for work. Anybody that has heard some of these bands in the Phlips or HKG etc know that they are first class at covers.I will keep asking around. :D

Should be a great pub call doing all this research. :D

I think I can remember the band that Maka is talking about..not too shabby at all,but it was a while ago and I'd had a few. :o

Edited by chuchok

No luck so far, but there is ment to be a very good Philipino band in town looking for work. Anybody that has heard some of these bands in the Phlips or HKG etc know that they are first class at covers.I will keep asking around. :D

Should be a great pub call doing all this research. :D

I think I can remember the band that Maka is talking about..not too shabby at all,but it was a while ago and I'd had a few. :o

Keep me posted mate. It looks like i wont be up until September. This only gives me 1 month to find a band. Hopefully we'll be ok. Keep your eyes and ears open for me cheers. Will try and email you an invite when i remember.